• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Breva windshield- HELP!

donaldsontd

Just got it firing!
Recently purchased a 07` Breva 1100. Ordered a MG factory windshield from a dealer. after two weeks of runaround dealer said no go on shield. He said MG retooling current model to make it world and D.O.T. complaint.? I already paid big bucks to the dealer for orginal screen, he said to go to givi and look at A34 and D45. anyone have this setup? Anything better? Thanks, Tim. P.S. this is one awesome machine.. Draws a crowd whereever I go!

I have both the factory screen and a Givi A600 on my Brevas. For me, I prefer the Givi, it's not as large and less turbulence.

Have you considered a 1200 Sport fairing? IMHO, these are even better.

Givi A755N works well.

Attachments

• AUG 2010 (4).JPG
    AUG 2010 (4).JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 2,130
  • AUG 2010.JPG
    AUG 2010.JPG
    42.3 KB · Views: 2,130
donaldsontd said:
Recently purchased a 07` Breva 1100. Ordered a MG factory windshield from a dealer. after two weeks of runaround dealer said no go on shield. He said MG retooling current model to make it world and D.O.T. complaint.? I already paid big bucks to the dealer for orginal screen, he said to go to givi and look at A34 and D45. anyone have this setup? Anything better? Thanks, Tim. P.S. this is one awesome machine.. Draws a crowd whereever I go!

I had the stock shield and replaced it with the tall Mana touring shield from Skidmarx, a fair bit taller and offers more protection which is what I was looking for and fits the stock mounting hardware directly. There's a little bit of turbulence off the top bit overall I prefer it to stock.

Best of luck with your search for a screen that works.
I've ben experimenting with different options since I got my Breva a year ago with little sucess.
I've tried the Guzzi screen - useless! Then same with Laminar Lip - worse! Screen tilted back as suggested by Geordie on this and other sites - some improvement but still too much buffetting.
Guzzi screen with MRA spoiler as shown below - still no good.
IMG_0011.jpg

Eagle screen from Australia. [See below.] A lot of people swear by these - Didn't work for me. [Incidently this screen is for sale if anybody from this part of the world is interested.
IMG_0006.jpg

What works reasonably well is a Give A200 screen which I cut down until it eliminated the windblast from my lower torso but left my head in clean air.
IMG_0015.jpg

It's not all bad news though. On warm sunny days, the Breva is a joy to ride with no screen at all.
It's just that in Ireland we don't get that many of these so a little more protection from the elements would be nice at times.

I'm interested in the Givi A755N. What's it like for buffetting?

Hope some of the above helps.

Tom.

I'm 6'2" and have no buffeting issues with the Givi A755N. Cruising at 90mph is no problem.
In my experience fitting tall screens just creates loads of noise and buffeting at speeds over 70mph.
I once had a tall after market screen split down the middle at 100mph on a GS850 Suzuki while on holiday.
A lot of people fall into the trap of big is better. My local Guzzi dealer warned me against the standard screen unless I was prepared to take 3" off the top.
The best combination when touring seems to be a smallish screen/fairing and a high tank bag (or get a Norge).

Thanks for that davem.
You are a good 5'' taller than I am so the 755n might not be as effective.
Also, I've decided not to spend any more money on new screens.
[I'm afraid to add up what I've already spent :cry: :cry: :cry: ]
On the other hand, if I came across a cheap second hand one on Ebay I might be tempted.
Cheers,
Tom.

KerryBlue said:
Thanks for that davem.
You are a good 5'' taller than I am so the 755n might not be as effective.
Also, I've decided not to spend any more money on new screens.
[I'm afraid to add up what I've already spent :cry: :cry: :cry: ]
On the other hand, if I came across a cheap second hand one on Ebay I might be tempted.
Cheers,
Tom.

Had my B1200 a year now, v pleased with it except for the MG screen which came with it.I'll try the Givi 755n, I think it looks better too.At 5'9" (me, not the screen), it should be OK?

Also looking for some new tyres, the Z6 rear is looking well worn at 4000 - planning to get Pilot Road 3s, any comments on these?

Thanks in advance

Smoke

Get the Michelin Pilots they handle very well and last at least 6000 miles and I am usually heavy on tyres.

Fitted the Pilot Road 3s,done 600 dry miles so far - they are excellent.

Also fitted the Givi 755 screen - when it arrived I thought it looked too low but it works really well.

And it looks better than the ' cruiser-ish' MG screen.

Did 300 miles on the B12 today in mid Wales with a neighbour who has a Griso 1100, the combination of the new tyres, screen and a suspension tune up left me with a big big grin when I got back home.I'm in love again.......

I'm pleased the tyres and screen have worked well for you.
I have the Givi A755 screen and have recently managed to get hold have a 1200 Sport fairing from ebay.
Using home made brackets and a Skidmarx double bubble screen I have been riding around with it on.
The looks obviously suit the bike but the Givi does the job better, in fact for long distance work I would put the Givi back on.
So purely from a function point of view the Guzzi screen would be a waste of money for anyone considering it.

I put Givi A755 screen on my Breva few weeks ago and it works great. Big improvement to "no screen". It also looks really good. I'm gonna paint it to match the bike in the winter.

I have modified the Guzzi BREVA screen by using a piece of "beverage tubing", i.e. a clear 6mm bore tubing from the hardware shop (sold by the metre) and slit it carefully.
This is placed over the screen edge and down the sides for a bit.
Two small holes drilled in the screen and the slit tubing is fixed in place with a couple of small cable ties, preferably 'natural' colour ties.
A cheap experiment which seems to have some beneficial effect.
I have only tried it up to 110kM/Hr though. Our cops are too keen here.

Cheers
Brian :D

Back