• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Cal 1400 Screen Options

I got my Custom last week and
I love it but want some wind protection. I see you have the MG fly screen. It looks great. Does it provide any protection?

I sprung for the stock touring windshield. Installed it today. Easy but lower windshield mounting bolts were short by 5mm. Ride tomorrow. I may cut it down after I get some miles on it.

I have the MG flyscreen, and quite frankly ther is not much difference on or off.
The jury is still out if it looks better on or of...

MG Mike

I have the MG flyscreen, and quite frankly ther is not much difference on or off.
The jury is still out if it looks better on or of...

MG Mike
Mike

Thanks for getting back to. I ended getting the barn door windshield from the Touring. It's a big improvement but will need some tweeting. The air blast is now at the top of my helmet, but if I ride visor up I get tons of turbulence in my eyes. Living in AZ, I like the extra air with the visor open. But it does takes the strain off my neck, which is why I got it. My dealer recommends trying a Laminar Lip for fine tuning. It's less than $100 so I will give it a try.

Guys, I split this thread from the Registry post. I am still working on affordable Givi variations, and I'll post them as soon as they're done.

AZ Guzzi...You may want to check this site for wind buffeting fix...It says a few spacers will do the trick..

guzzicalifornia.forumcircle.com/viewforum.php?f=2&

I
AZ Guzzi...You may want to check this site for wind buffeting fix...It says a few spacers will do the trick..

guzzicalifornia.forumcircle.com/viewforum.php?f=2&
I read that one a while back and plan to revisit it. Thanks for the reminder.

I've only ridden witht the new windshield once for < 100 mi. And on a very windy day. Been raining in AZ for the last week or so, so not enough time to ride much. I would like to put a few hundred more miles on the bike before I make another change.

Likely I will add the spaces next as it's a cheap easy tweek.

Several hundred miles now. Big improvement over no shield. Wind breaks at the crown of my helmet. If I ride with visor up turbulence makes my eyes water. Notch the visitor down a few clicks yields a big improvement.

Still get a lots of turbulence behind the windshield over 60. Going to try some spacers to get some air underneath. If that doesn't work will try laminar lip.

I fitted a Laminar Lip to my Touring screen 3,000km ago
because at 100kmh (60mph) my eyes were rattling.
The effect of the LL was dramatic, but the new low pressure area behind the screen made it feel like
my pillion was pushing my head forward.
I then fitted the lower screen deflectors which eliminated the 'low pressure shove.'
With the LL adding a diffused band of air at upper helmet level, my vision is
now clear. I would say I have so far achieved about 80% of what I wanted.
I will now also try the spacers.

Had the stock windshield cut down 5" min impact on wind protection. Looks much better than stock barn door Image

The tall screen that came on my Touring model was pretty good but did cause some buffeting and now that the weather is getting warmer I wanted more air flow. I grabbed the small screen and it looks good and provides clean air but would love to try the medium screen to see if it is a Goldilocks of windscreens.

I've got the Moto Guzzi fly screen on mine.

It looks great and took the wind blast off my chest.

I wanted to go as minimal as possible and this did the job.

Have just fitted the Guzzi screen lowers.
They have made a big difference.
I am 5' 9" with inside leg of 31"

Had the stock windshield cut down 5" min impact on wind protection. Looks much better than stock barn doorView attachment 10065
I just got a 15 Tourer and at 5' 8" my eyes set right at the top of the windshield or slightly under. annoying as I generally like to look over it for a less distorted view. Your post caught my eye as I have been wondering about do just what you did.

What kind of shop did this for you? I've been wondering where to have it done for a clean job.

I had been mulling over the cut depth thinking one or two inches but your 5" was a bold move. Really really no loss of wind protection?

I had been mulling over the cut depth thinking one or two inches but your 5" was a bold move. Really really no loss of wind protection?

I can't speak to the cut down but did find going from the stock touring screen to the short factory screen provided much more wind but the wind is very smooth and comfortable. Wind was actually more smooth with the small screen than the full size screen that came from factory. When it gets really cold it may make sense to get a bit more wind blockage but as of today I don't see myself going back to the big factory screen. If I get cold with the little one I may grab the medium shield but more likely I'll just wear an extra layer. The little screen is very nice looking and effective at putting me in a nice smooth air stream.

By short factory screen, do you mean sport or medium (at least, those are the names in the accessory catalog)?

By short factory screen, do you mean sport or medium (at least, those are the names in the accessory catalog)?

I've been using the short/sport screen which should be these part numbers:
Sport Screen For Lower Brackets code 2S000548
Code:605853M+606255M+605854M+2S000546. Unfortunately, it is too small to fit on the standard touring screen mounts so you need to buy the lower mounts/brackets which I believe is this part number: Lower Brackets code 2S000542.

This has worked very well for me even on the expressways but is costly with the screen and bracket cost being needed.

I did not find too many options for this model. Here is a tiny option which was not too expensive for this model of bike: http://www.harpermoto.com/california-1400-custom-sport-windshield.html.

Back