• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Congratulations to us all

GrahamNZ

High Miler
Having poked around a few Internet bike forums, IMHO this is by far the most friendly, couth and helpful. Personal attacks are extremely rare and even my relatively advanced age is tolerated. At first I thought it was just that Guzzi owners were better than average, and now I'm almost certain that is the case! Lovely bikes too. Not perfect, but far from poor.

And a special thanks to Todd, without whom it would probably not exist at all.

+1 on what Graham said.

I think the reason personal attacks, political threads, and other undesirable things are missing from here is the relatively low no. of forum members compared to some of the other sites.

That, plus many of the trouble makers like a large audience to aggravate;)

Agreed Graham & Muley... thanks. I think I am one of the rare few who actually actively participates on their (own) Forums. I'm sure if I can keep everything stable (electronically speaking) our numbers will continue to grow. It is great to have a very low S/N ratio, and keeping things "on topic" is key. Plenty other sites out there to talk as one wishes.

Hopefully we'll continue to attract the level-headed, wonderful, core Guzzisti. Don't know if our name helps, but I'd like to think so.

Cheers to the next decade.

The culture of different forums is sometimes off putting to say the least...

Indeed it is a pleasure to participate here, long may the electrons make the right path I say!

"Hopefully we'll continue to attract the level-headed, wonderful, core Guzzisti"

Not sure about the level headed bit but the tech info is why I joined this forum
and as for other forums:eek:hmy: I can give as good as I getB)

it's not that Guzzi owners are level headed that makes them appealing. It's because they are polite nutters like me - and value character and heritage over sanitised perfection. Level headed riders buy Jappas, and the more level headed buy Hondas. While I admire Hondas very much, I'm unlikely to buy another one now that I've seen the light.

Sorry, more clearly... "level headed" in the sense of how they ride. They know their limits, and stick to them.,, at least all of the ones I've come across.

All (or most :p) of that, plus, what I've noticed is a very strong "ride more, pose less" side to the Guzzisti I've met to date.

Or maybe one should simply say "pose less"? :)

Great discussion, Graham. I am addicted to reading GuzziTech every night. It's my time to relax, learn a lot, and share the few things I know. What I know about my Guzzi has been learned from this site. Every once in a while when Todd is feeling froggy and takes the site down for maintenance, I wander off to other sites and quickly lose interest. I can read GT for a couple of hours at a time, yet the other sites turn me off in a matter of minutes. I look forward to many more years of GT discussions.

Todd: I concur with Nero, I find that with the purchase of a new laptop ( which makes access much easier) I think I'm developing a low level addiction. I tend to be a bit of a mechanical Junkie , so the tech aspect is definitely a plus. A lot of the other forums I've seen are a lot of whining and some are like a dog fight. Like Nero wwhen I check them out it quickly becomes too much work, and I'm gone , not so here man.Good forum! I think I'm going to go ride my Stelvio right now at 5:30 in the morning, see ya
FBC

Thanks again guys... It's timely thankless work, but I will soldier on for many years to come.
Small donations really help keep things going smoothly.
Also, we'll be working (finally) on getting the Forum and home page back to it's former glory, pre-crash, in the next month or so.

I'm happy/proud to lead such a great group of online Guzzisti. Thanks to you all for making it what it is, as well. ;)

For sure, have only been on wildguzzi for a while until now because of it's format but it's seriously packed solid of jaded riders who have to constantly remind everyone that they've been riding longer than anyone else with the same old guzzi campground polariod they scanned in last year ... i'm switching over :)

AlexM

I registered with wildguzzi and had to tell them why I should be allowed to join!!! Pompous jackasses!. I put up with that then they disallowed my screen name. 'IdrinkYourMilkshake" ... unsuitable ( I'ts a reference to the scene in There will be blood, where the religious zealot gets beaten to death with a bowling pin by the main character,for those who haven't seen it. Made me laugh my ass off.... hmmm, maybe I need help). That was all I could take of wild floozy, sounds like I didn't miss much.
FBC

Heh, any group claiming themselves to be wild is worth being left alone ;)

I love to read all the stuff on this forum, when I visit my parents (where my Breva is parked) they often ask if there was something new at the forum. We even use some one-liners I've read here. Like when Mike C. pulled his dash apart and couldn't put it back together again. We were warned that there was "a point of no return". So when we have to fix something we allways say "watch it, there is a point of no return!" :laugh:

That's just one of the things I like on this "mildguzzi" forum ;)

Ciao Dolf.

Back