• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Dash lights- 932 mile AND gear shift light RPM and RPM sweet spot.

FedeleMotoGuzzi

Tuned and Synch'ed
GT di Razza Pura
I have reached the 1500km (932 mile) service distance, but the gear(?) light has not illuminated. I expected the light to illuminate per Austin Texas AF1's new purchase tutorial, but it did not. So, I rode a little further thinking a few more miles might trip the light. I believe the clock now reads 955 and still no light.

First question: I've scheduled my first service for next Tuesday 22Feb, but am wondering if there is NO light to "reset" during the service visit, am I going to get a surprise light in the near future that requires another service visit JUST for the light reset? Anyone experienced this?

Second: I read MANY comments about how the MG likes to operate at a higher RPM, but again I am not seeing any supporting data saying it should operate in some sweet spot. I get less engine vibration and it "seems" the 850 runs best in the 4500-5000 range, but this doesn't jive with a 4500 RPM gear shift limit. Anyone able to discuss this with some kind of supporting data/document(s)?

Thanks as always,
Houston, Texas.

Attachments

• 850.jpg
    850.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
I believe you have a tach on that bike. When you go in for service, have them set the light above where the ECU will cut power. You don't need that darn light. That is what I have done on my machines. In the owners manual there should be a break in schedule to follow as far as miles to RPM. Main thing on break in is to build compression pressure by varying RPM to help seat the rings. If you don't get the rings to seat early, they probably will never seat in.

Yessir, I’ve read the manual several times over, but it doesn’t say what the max RPM should/shouldn’t be. I grasp the rev limiter relationship to a possible setting. Thanks for replying.

On my V7 III, the maintenance reminder spanner did not show up even after 1,000 miles. The manual says that the reminder will show up on the dash, "except the first service". So, check your manual (I have search online, but could not find one readily available). I did mention this to the dealer's service department and they have no clue why it did not show up, but they reset it anyway. I am now at about 1,500 mile and still have not seen the maintenance reminder.

I don't have a tachometer. After the first service, I set the GEAR shift L (for gear 1 ~ 5, I think) to 5,000 and GEAR shift H (for 6th gear) to 6,200 (close to the maximum HP output). Again, that is for a V7 III 750.

I remember looking for the specs related to where max torque was on the curve and set the light above that…works for me.
if memory serves it coincides with 60km in 1st, 80km 2nd, 100km in third ?:emo:
- I’ll have to check those numbers when we get out of hibernation

Back