• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Dash shows 1st gear when bike is in neutral, and won't start with kickstand down.

falkdal

Just got it firing!
GT Contributor
I just picked up my bike on Friday and haven't put many miles on it yet. When the dealer gave me the walkthrough the bike was idling in neutral (with N showing on the dash), no issues there. But ever since then the dash shows 1 even when I put it in neutral (I can push it around without the clutch in), and the bike won't fire up while parked. On my ride to work today I popped it in neutral at a stoplight (again confirmed by letting go of the clutch and sitting idle at the light) and the dash remained in 1 gear.

Has anyone seen this?

Mario and Lugi are messing with our heads, many Guzzis won't start with the kickstand down, there is a fix if you don't like that feature.

I just picked up my bike on Friday and haven't put many miles on it yet. When the dealer gave me the walkthrough the bike was idling in neutral (with N showing on the dash), no issues there. But ever since then the dash shows 1 even when I put it in neutral (I can push it around without the clutch in), and the bike won't fire up while parked. On my ride to work today I popped it in neutral at a stoplight (again confirmed by letting go of the clutch and sitting idle at the light) and the dash remained in 1 gear.

Has anyone seen this?
You have a new bike. Take it back to your dealer for repair under warranty.

Has anyone seen this?
I have the same issue only mine shows 2nd gear when in neutral. This only happens after I park and shut down the bike after putting it in neutral. After it has cooled off, sometimes for an hour or two, and sometimes overnight. The first time this happened (at about 260 miles) when turning the ignition to run, the 2nd gear light came on preventing a start. I tried pushing the shifter down for first then up to neutral but it would not throw a neutral light and not start. I dont like forcing the shifter without the motor running. What I did to get it started was engage first gear while rolling the bike back and fourth, then find neutral. This works to get the N light on and it will start. Otherwise no problems while riding, only after it sits and cools, sometimes... It is not consistant. I will talk to the dealer first and see if they have any knowledge before I leave it there for an undetermined length of time. If they know what the issue is and how to correct it, I'll take it in. Otherwise I'll wait until they figure it out.

Back