• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Early V7 Radial Tire Thread

Thanks for the reply! I was wanting to get something a bit more sport-touring - those might be a good fit! In your opinion, do they detract from the esthetics at all? The D404s are uninspiring performance-wise, but they do have a nice, retro appearance.
Judge for yourself, same with/ht as the stock 404s just different tread. Forgot to mention the tread pattern is advertised as giving better grip on worn pavement - I believe it, the front bites much better and rear doesn't feel like it wants to kick out. Also the rear pattern is different from the front. Running 31/32 fr/rr cold, unless I hear about something better, will replace w/ same.

Attachments

• IMG_2362.JPG
    IMG_2362.JPG
    219.3 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_2364.JPG
    IMG_2364.JPG
    154.1 KB · Views: 20
Zero and don't plan to...I hate being around traffic. The only time I get off this road is to get the annual inspection. Driven in TX, you'd prob want to use higher tire pressures for those roads and speeds. MG did poor job mounting the oem tires, although they were a little lighter than the RoadTecs, they had a ton of weights on them. I mount/ balance my own, and balance the wheel first marking location and weight, then remove weights and put heaviest part of tire on lightest part of wheel I used less than 1/3 the weights that were on it. Sometimes it takes less weight than it did to balance just the wheel.
Great to know! Thanks for the insight. I find myself on toll roads on occasion where longer 80+ MPH jaunts are commonplace, so I stick with the MG recommended pressure. Was curious if the ride was a bit more comfortable on the highway, but going from bias ply to radial it should be a given.

RADIAL tyres are modern tech + best unless your "thrifty" or need higher load carrying ability. check your tyre specs as other than stockers can work well if a close OUTSIDE DIAMETER + changing rims or having wire wheels relaced to OE spindals is a option BUT a bit spendy!! manufacturers often buy the CHEEPEST tyres to save $$$$ + buy from the lowest bidder

Great to know! Thanks for the insight. I find myself on toll roads on occasion where longer 80+ MPH jaunts are commonplace, so I stick with the MG recommended pressure. Was curious if the ride was a bit more comfortable on the highway, but going from bias ply to radial it should be a given.
The Roadtec isn't a radial tire, I was torn between choosing a ultra high mileage radial, in my experience those tires are the least sticky as they use a harder compound, or what seemed to be the stickiest in the needed size which turned out to be a bias ply.

The Roadtec isn't a radial tire, I was torn between choosing a ultra high mileage radial, in my experience those tires are the least sticky as they use a harder compound, or what seemed to be the stickiest in the needed size which turned out to be a bias ply.
Duly noted!

This thread has taken some detours from the subject heading, so I'll try to put it back on track here... Unfortunately with some annoying news. The Conti Road Attack 3 seems to have been Discontinued/No Longer Available in all smaller V7 sizes; 100/90, 110/80R and 130/80R. They are showing a Conti RA4 in a 150/70R rear, but it's not yet available. Nothing yet showing for a 100/90 or 110/80 fronts either. I'll post again if they arise.
The Dunlop Mutant, chatted about HERE is still available in a 110/80R & 150/60R.
So for now, the only matching brand set with the smaller rear radial available will be the Bridgestone A41 or A41S (Mutant-styled).

FOR THE RECORD (AGAIN), I can get these or most all tire brands and sizes for SoCal riders at my shop in Orange.

If you don't mind mix and match and slightly different (better) sizing;
Front; bridgestone.com/products/motorcycle_tires/products/detail/pr138/
Rear; avontyres.com/en-us/tyres/spirit-st

I have a Conti Road Attack 3 on my V7 III that I have to replace but they are out of production and out of stock. RA4's don't come in my size.
Any recommendations for a new rear tire ?

Last edited:
I have a Conti Road Attack 3 on my V7 III that I have to replace but they are out of production and out of stock. RA4's don't come in my size.
Same boat.

WRT the E5 V7 - What is the benefit of using a radial tire up front in the approved alternate OEM tire size? What are the trade-offs?
You own a V7, correct? The benefits have been talked about extensively here. This isn't social media full of ignorant opinions. We try to keep this in factual data. Radial tires in the (optional Guzzi-approved) sizes offer a massive difference. Try it and you'll see.
You can get a matching radial set for the E5 V7-850 with the Dunlop Mutants or Bridgestone Battlax T32.

This thread is to talk about radial tire offerings, not question what they offer. Tire and oil threads are generally a time-wasting train-wreck ball-of-fire.

So what tyres is everyone running on the V7 850s? I have a V7 Special with the Dunlops but I have heard that Pirelli Speed Demons are better? Is it hard to go tubeless with the spoked wheels? (my knowledge on tyres and suspension is limited as being fairly young I always did a lot of research on engine mods but am only starting to appreciate a good setup for handling)

So what tyres is everyone running on the V7 850s? I have a V7 Special with the Dunlops but I have heard that Pirelli Speed Demons are better? Is it hard to go tubeless with the spoked wheels? (my knowledge on tyres and suspension is limited as being fairly young I always did a lot of research on engine mods but am only starting to appreciate a good setup for handling)
For better performance: Bridgestone BT32
or, and more especially If you ride in winter: Dunlop Mutant
These two have a radial structure, unfortunately we can no longer find the ContiRoadAttack3

For longevity and better rigidity: Michelin Road Classic
For looks or a little offroad: Bridgestone AX41S
These tires have a diagonal structure.
There are of course others with some interest, but they are often behind in at least one aspect.

With spoked wheels you must of course add a dedicated inner tube.

Last edited:
For better performance: Bridgestone BT32
or, and more especially If you ride in winter: Dunlop Mutant
Have to say the Bridgestone BT32 are as good in the wet and cold as in the dry and warm. I had them fitted last autumn and winter 22/23 was quite wet and cold with no drama from the tyres. They are confidence inspiring.

I'll be shopping for a rear tire soon for my V7 850, it'll be Michelin Road 6. Stock size for rear is 150/70/17, but I want a wider tire... Closest diameter/circumference with only 1.2% margin to stock is 170/60/17 and it is 20mm wider. Now my question is about clearance:
How close is too close?

Stock tire is 150mm width, wider one is 170mm. Left swingarm side has lots of clearance but right side where driveshaft is, it's less clearance. If I go for that wider tire, I'll have about 4mm clearance from swingarm to the side of the tire. Too close? Or just just about??? Do tires deform that much when leaning in corners?
I'm aware that same size tires have slightly different measurements from different manufacturers, but after a little search looks like Michelin is pretty accurate with their actual size. And wider tire still fits within rim's width parameters :)

Mindis...I would avoid the Road 6 and get the Pilot Road 4 instead. I have the 6 on my Norge and they make an annoying sound, especially as they wear a bit. Even riders near me have commented on how loud they are. They sing almost like a bad wheel bearing. The 4 is better than the 5 in wet conditions. I hear it never rains on Vancouver Island so that shouldn't be an issue. ;)

4mm is too close for comfort for me but YMMV.

You will most likely rub some during sidewall flex, being that close.

but I want a wider tire... Closest diameter/circumference with only 1.2% margin to stock is 170/60/17 and it is 20mm wider
Best to look at the rim width and run a recommended size, else you’ll pinch the tire profile and ruin your ride. 170 typically requires a 5.0” rim, 160 is 4.5, with 4.25” a min.

What did you end up getting?

Back