• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Finally got around to fitting the 1200S with Todd's box of magic tricks

guzziwranger

Just got it firing!
Hi all,
Thought I would give a bit of a report on the results of fitting Todd's reflashed ECU + PC-V and auto - tune/wide band O2 sensor upgrade to my 2012 1200 Sport. Well I gotta say, its quite a difference!
I guess Todd can try all he likes to communicate this to the masses; but you really can't appreciate how much better the stock 1200 8V engine runs once this upgrade kit is fitted. Seeing and riding is believing......
Gone are the behavioral problems I had almost come to accept was normal from new, like the popping on decel and back firing etc. The fueling is perfect now and power has been smoothed out evenly and progressively across the whole rev range. The throttle response is better, and no more snatchy throttle in traffic or at low RPM when maneuvering. Best of all is the beautiful note that now belches out of the GPR carbonox pipe I put on it as part of the upgrade (sorry Todd you were out of stock!). Interestingly, the GPR link pipe fitted really well out of the box and the sound track is not ridiculously loud even without the baffles fitted.
Really happy with the result and with a bit of pre-reading of instructions on the GT tech blog and included; I found it a straight forward 1 day job to fit it neatly and commission.
Very happy with results and confirms what I found on the last two Italian bikes I've owned; the Euro 3 emission standards that are set from factory on the bikes ECU are retarding the bikes full potential, riding behavior and responsiveness to the point of ridiculous for the sake of 0.4 L/100km efficiency and 25 dB noise reduction.
If your thinking about taking the plunge; my conclusion is its well worth the money and a remarkable improvement all round. Couldn't wipe the smile off my dial the last two rides since fitting, complexly different bike.
Here's a few Pics of the process:
IMG 0413 IMG 0419 IMG 0420 IMG 0415 IMG 0412

Regards, Guzzi wranger.

Last edited:
Thanks so much for the post... it's hard not to sound like a salesman with these products, but they do work amazingly well. My recent fitment to the California 1400 is nothing short of extraordinary. Happy to be of help direct email with any questions for anyone so interested. Thanks again for the business and post.

Back