Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Holiday Greetings. For those asking about Black Friday/Cyber Monday specials... Since we're such a tiny operation, it's tough to offer much... But we're again offering free shipping on $99+ orders to our U.S. customers on any in stock GTM product! Now through Monday at midnight, PST. Use POST-COVID-FREE discount code at checkout on our online Store link above - We truly appreciate your support. PLEASE Support small businesses!

Foot pegs instead of foot boards?

Discussion in 'Cal 1400 8V' started by whynot, Jun 16, 2015.

1. whynot

whynot Rust never sleeps. GT Contributor

Anyone making mid-controls with foot pegs instead of forward controls and foot boards? (Thinking of what Triumph did with the Rocket III Roadster.)

2. GTM®

GTM® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

No, but the Audace comes with more rear set pegs. I imagine the swap will be very costly. I've looked hard at trying to offer a bolt on solution, but with nothing to work with on the lower frame rails, would require welding, re-coating, etc.

3. whynot

whynot Rust never sleeps. GT Contributor

Great, thanks, I'll look into it. Just can't deal with forward controls myself ;-)

4. Dropinparts

Dropinparts Tuned and Synch'ed

I'll be the second one in line buying mid-control foot pegs. I really don't like floor boards or forward controls. I thought I would be ok with them, but I'm not.
    I'm missing my Griso...