• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

Congrats.... I'be been early retired for years and OWN MY DAYS completely. Doe not take long to get use to. Hope to see you next trip to Italy!! - Right after the Greece trip...

It’s a weird feeling! I fully understand… I remember the last time the door closed behind me and no security pass in my pocket anymore....
And yes.. it was a great run...
I was lucky... I really didn’t work a day in my life... I did love what I was doing and I think you have the same feeling looking back ...

The very last things went out the workshop door last night. Strange Feelings…

What once was, is no more. It was a great run.

Hello “Rest of My Life”! Here I come. 😆
We get no days or hours to do over again. No matter how much money you have. Having a close call medically was both a challenge and "gift" about how things can quickly change and out of our control. Thought I was 10 feet tall and bullet proof when the universe tapped me on the shoulder for bragging with some medical challenges I have had to adapt to and still in a learning-aging curve.

Congrats on getting to the best time of your life. I stopped working a couple of years ago when Covid stopped me getting to Holland for work. I live in UK, btw.
There's a thing people here say when they retire and it’s “Now I’m retired I don’t know how I found time to work before”.
Nowadays I’m busy but with all the things I want to do, not HAVE to do.

I've built a proper workshop, rebuilt two 70s triumphs, re sprayed a V7ii, moved house, built and slated a roof for a neighbour …… having the time of my life.

The best bit is leisurely coffee in bed where I can see my workshop and plan my day. I was a design engineer and so much prefer 'spanner’s on’ now.

Enjoy it buddy! 👍

Thank you all! Truly.

This has been a humbling and exhilarating experience all at the same time.

It was a fun day yesterday as literally 2 weeks before I was scheduled to pull the plug on my business, a woman plowed into my pristine workshop van. She totaled it.

With the payout from State Farm, I bought a super clean 1 owner, 2013 Toyota FJ Cruiser with 39k original miles on her. I had a brand new 2013 in the magma (orange) color. I loved it but sold it for a more family SUV. Stupidest decision ever! Regret galore.

Well, now I have a beautiful Calvary Blue one. Not as loud and in your face of a color. More sophisticated. Very stylish indeed.

I love it! This retirement is a pretty good gig. So far, I’m loving it.

Got to get through my “carotid to brachial artery” bypass on Monday to restore the normal blood flow in my arm, and then I’m off! 🤞😆

FDFA7785 3141 4DB8 87C3 FE49ECC995EA

It was a fun day yesterday as literally 2 weeks before I was scheduled to pull the plug on my business, a woman plowed into my pristine workshop van. She totaled it. With the payout from State Farm, I bought a super clean 1 owner, 2013 Toyota FJ Cruiser with 39k original miles on her. I had a brand new 2013 in the magma (orange) color. I loved it but sold it for a more family SUV. Stupidest decision ever! Regret galore.
Got to get through my “carotid to brachial artery” bypass on Monday to restore the normal blood flow in my arm, and then I’m off!
Well I hope you weren't in it when she plowed into it?!?! Silver linings regardless! Congrats on the FJ. Always fun bringing things back into the mix that you liked.
Best to you for a successful surgery and fast recovery! We'll be watching.

Thank you all! Truly.

This has been a humbling and exhilarating experience all at the same time.

It was a fun day yesterday as literally 2 weeks before I was scheduled to pull the plug on my business, a woman plowed into my pristine workshop van. She totaled it.

With the payout from State Farm, I bought a super clean 1 owner, 2013 Toyota FJ Cruiser with 39k original miles on her. I had a brand new 2013 in the magma (orange) color. I loved it but sold it for a more family SUV. Stupidest decision ever! Regret galore.

Well, now I have a beautiful Calvary Blue one. Not as loud and in your face of a color. More sophisticated. Very stylish indeed.

I love it! This retirement is a pretty good gig. So far, I’m loving it.

Got to get through my “carotid to brachial artery” bypass on Monday to restore the normal blood flow in my arm, and then I’m off! 🤞😆

View attachment 29222
Good luck with the surgery Scott. Nice vehicle

Well I hope you weren't in it when she plowed into it?!?!

I was! Thankfully Chevy built that thing super tough. She destroyed the van and I came out without a scratch except for air bag impact abrasion burn where it struck my left wrist when the steering wheel bag deployed.

Lucky me. 🤞

15912586 54D5 4FEA BDC1 8AA7B5762592
D14C8B35 A15E 47B7 A047 B18CC56772E5

Last edited:
Well, that sucks.

At 7:30am today, they took me to surgery. Started to do the initial procedure to locate the artery in my arm and they discovered a bad fungal infection in my left armpit 1 inch from the projected incision site. I never knew and never felt a thing.

All stop.

Now 2 weeks of anti-fungal medicine, then come back and get the surgery. Oh well... 😆

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: BDS
I sure hope so.

They were really disappointed that we all missed this “athletes foot” of the inner armpit but they couldn’t proceed due to high risk of contaminating the surgical site which would be very bad indeed.

Apparently, because this injury and it’s location and the nature of how they intend to repair it is so unusual, they had a small army of surgeons and fellows and residents that came to observe the 5+ hour procedure.

Yep, teaching hospital! 😄😄😄

Sorry - So late to the Party -
( Don't know how I missed It )
Enjoy your Retirement - When when are you planning the Big Move !
Will you be doing you Cross Country run before you leave !

Back