• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.

Goto for US parts?

Razorboy

Just got it firing!
Hey Lads,

New member here.
I have the cracked breather hoses from the heads weeping oil down both sides of the engine.
Not being a purist of any sort, my routine is usually building stuff out myself for improved endurance and stylistic satisfaction. Have been eye-balling this arrangement and thinking AN fittings and such but the problem right now is I want to ride the bike lol. Been doing some online research to see where I can get replacement hoses. Need the left and right ones but also the one that comes off the top of the separator. Pic for reference. The sooner the better to get my hands on the parts so if there are any preferred vendors from the forum who may have these in stock, would love to know.

Attachments

• 6AF7EFCA-670D-44C5-95B8-90FD571AF858.jpeg
    6AF7EFCA-670D-44C5-95B8-90FD571AF858.jpeg
    144.2 KB · Views: 5
Please start with reading the scrolling paragraphs at the top of every page, and the landing home page of this very site. The GTM STORE has a ton of items dedicated to users of this site. We have the breather lines, but if course you can find them at a few online dealers using Google. As an important aside on these lines, I am working on getting them finally made in silicone rubber, which should make them a lifetime upgrade. The OE rubber is good for a few years (max) if you ride it often. I’ll post on them when I have pricing. Otherwise see below. I make sure they are correct for your model.

Please start with reading the scrolling paragraphs at the top of every page, and the landing home page of this very site. The GTM STORE has a ton of items dedicated to users of this site. We have the breather lines, but if course you can find them at a few online dealers using Google. As an important aside on these lines, I am working on getting them finally made in silicone rubber, which should make them a lifetime upgrade. The OE rubber is good for a few years (max) if you ride it often. I’ll post on them when I have pricing. Otherwise see below. I make sure they are correct for your model.

Same wavelength on that. I am a designer and manufacturer of audio components but also have the machines to work on bike parts as well. I took a good look at the setup on the heads. Looks like plastic couplers to the heads so maybe I could make something out of aluminum instead for durability. At the same time, I would convert the assembly over to use AN fittings instead and use silicone hose for the final runs to the separator. Haven't given much though to that part yet but it sure looks like it could use an upgrade as well - if only for something more cosmetically pleasing. The AN fitting arrangement is also driven cosmetically as I could see in my head how cool that would look with some black and red anodized fittings. Offshore versions of AN are dirt cheap too and since it is only for breather hose, I wouldn't be worried about them going bad - except for the anodizing quality of course.

I would rather support you and the site with my purchases but thanks for the heads up. So do you have hands on these parts or does the 10 day lead time apply?

As to the custom cam breather covers/AN set up, see my custom builds HERE. I've already done it and thought to offer them, but I won't use China anything, so the costs to those here would likely be too high for most.
I don't stock the OE lines, no. Lead time is correct or possibly a touch longer. This time of year is tough. The silicone lines will be a month or two out if/when I give them the go in the next few days hopefully.

As to the custom cam breather covers/AN set up, see my custom builds HERE. I've already done it and thought to offer them, but I won't use China anything, so the costs to those here would likely be too high for most.
I don't stock the OE lines, no. Lead time is correct or possibly a touch longer. This time of year is tough. The silicone lines will be a month or two out if/when I give them the go in the next few days hopefully.
Todd, do you have any photos of this breather nozzle assembly removed?
Better to know what's going on behind the face before removing it. Gasket? O-Ring(s)?
Wanted to make a replica part from aluminum and see about how I can get the AN fittings to work on there.

Attachments

• E773650E-510A-48C8-9556-83E14247B712.jpeg
    E773650E-510A-48C8-9556-83E14247B712.jpeg
    162.9 KB · Views: 5
Well, I had the choice between just simply purchasing replacement breather hoses or designing something myself. The choice came down to A) the factory hoses don't last very long apparently and B) I can see the work when it is finished. So, after a little deliberation, I decided to give it a go with my own setup. It isn't without its challenges, so I am taking it slow to make sure I do not have to back out of the work once I start modifying the factory parts.
The first thing to consider is the tight space to work with. I picked up a couple of AN6 x 180-degree bends and used a couple of tools to "unbend" the parts to match the path the hoses would need to follow. Seems to be fine but won't know 100% until I finally get around to modifying the factory plates that attach to the heads.
Used reinforced hose for fuel / oil. Totally overkill for this application but I enjoy the look of the cloth covered lines. Everything slips nicely through the passages and currently sitting where the separator box lives.
Up next is the critical part for this little job. I need to cut the nipples off of the factory plastic plates and then drill out and tap the remaining plastic to accept the NPT fittings so I can screw on the AN6 ends. Although I have the thin brass nuts to go on the backside of the fittings, I decided to tap the plastic to ensure the best seal possible on these fittings to the plate. So, drill and tap the plastic, thread the AN fitting with some high temp thread sealant and then use the brass NPT nut on the back as final security (if necessary). I will need to cut down the AN plate fitting so that it does not extend into the head. No big deal.
Once I have this done, I will attack the breather box side of things which arguably, is the more difficult part. This is because the hoses change direction and size on that end. There is nothing I can do to the box itself because it is relatively thin and flexible plastic, so I am going to have to adapt the hose sizes to match what's already on the box. I ordered in a couple of 90-degree elbows to start with and go from there. Not a lot of space in that location either so whatever I end up doing, it has to be compact. I'll follow-up with the progress as parts and tools arrive.

Attachments

• E947DC3A-24FA-4C23-A60B-2F4B1D1980CF.jpeg
    E947DC3A-24FA-4C23-A60B-2F4B1D1980CF.jpeg
    106 KB · Views: 12
  • 5B3EA3E7-8CCF-439A-AE67-B3A85E141A60.jpeg
    5B3EA3E7-8CCF-439A-AE67-B3A85E141A60.jpeg
    100.1 KB · Views: 13
  • B5AFFE32-6470-4638-B691-6BA66F797D5A.jpeg
    B5AFFE32-6470-4638-B691-6BA66F797D5A.jpeg
    68.4 KB · Views: 13
  • A1722382-28DC-467B-B278-3B365B6D59B5.jpeg
    A1722382-28DC-467B-B278-3B365B6D59B5.jpeg