• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Greetings from Turkey

Have them check the injectors, PLEASE!
You had rust in the system, most likely very fine particles of rust are clogging the injector.
The fuel filter will NOT catch all of the rust.

Also as @abbienormal said make sure they do a compression test BEFORE they tear it down.
Simple 10 minute job can save many hours of work.

I have a very bad feeling that you are headed for a lot of unnecessary expense if you continue.

Have they said if it has spark on that cylinder? First thing I figure if pulling the plug wire makes no difference. Have they done a leak down test or compression test? If they can't answer any of the above and they want to pull apart the engine it is time to find a new mechanic.
this whole thing could be as simple as the plug wire not being screwed into the cap. after re-reading everything I'd run like Hell from anyone who wants to tear the engine apart with out putting a metal filter in after verifying spark then cleaning the injector. ,

Dear all,
Hope everything is well.

It's been a while since last time I updated the status of the bike.

It seems like finally ı have found a good mechanic.
They are testing every single piece of the bike since last week.
IMG 5622

They have detached the fuel tank, and here's the fuel filter..

IMG 5626

It seems that the rust in the tank has damaged the bike as much as possible..

Words from the mechanic;
Right sided injector is not working well
And fuel pump is not embracing enough fuel to injectors

Now they are trying to find a new fuel pump in order to see if the injector is going to catch up, or they are going to change injector as well.

There is very little doubt the previous owner did not change the fuel filter. For one thing that is the infamous half plastic filter. It may not be a problem in Turkey but in the U.S. they add ethanol to the fuel which causes the filter to fail on the plastic part. Make sure they install an all metal filter for security.

Guys, Look at where the original poster lives. Yes these web sites have the parts he needs, but they are in the US. He is located in Turkey. At least look for sites in countries that aren't across the Atlantic Ocean from him. Lets be reasonable here and advise on what is good for where he is located. Taxes and import duties could drive him crazy on these items.

Dear all,

Thanks for your help in advance! :)

I didn't know that I could find injectors for such prices.
But I hope the mechanics could figure out and fix the injectors.

-I also hope that they could fix the fuel pump which seems pricey :shake:

Have they tried the fuel pump with a new filter. It just may not have been able to push through the filter. If I am not mistaken diesels are very common in Turkey so I would think there would be a shop that could clean the injectors. The filter is a Mahle from Germany so I would think it commonly available.

Have they tried the fuel pump with a new filter. It just may not have been able to push through the filter. If I am not mistaken diesels are very common in Turkey so I would think there would be a shop that could clean the injectors. The filter is a Mahle from Germany so I would think it commonly available.

Yes they have changed the filter but they have replaced the old one with a Bosch branded filter -They didn't have the oem filter on stock

Yes they have changed the filter but they have replaced the old one with a Bosch branded filter -They didn't have the oem filter on stock

So long as it is an all metal filter you will be good. The Mahle filter is a KL 145. The same one used in many BMW motorcycles.

Dear all,
Here's the update on the status of the bike

IMG 5712

The mechanics are expecting an electronical problem, they are telling that the old gas pump is not running well.
They have replaced it with Piaggio Berevly 500's gas pump. They told me that the replacment didn't fix the issue but it still needed to be changed anyway.

And they are also telling that left sided injector is not running well.
Should ı look for someone to fix the injector? (by the way, fixing stuff etc. is not that expensive in our country /unlike usa...)

Or should I buy an injector? (please note that Authorised dealer is out of stock of any parts, therefore I'm going to order parts overseas)

Just pulled this from AF1's shipping policy. I would think they could get new injector(s) out today, and you would see them next week?

"International Shipping
International shipping is extremely reliable and available services include USPS, UPS, and DHL.

It is important that you provide us with your correct address, formatted properly. Typical delivery time is 7-10 days, but some packages have taken 4-6 weeks to reach remote locations. If your package is returned to us we will contact you for a corrected address and you may be responsible for additional shipping charges. You are responsible for any customs duties or fees imposed by your country. We do not collect taxes, duties, VAT, or Customs fees for the export of your International order, and have no way of knowing what your country may charge you for the import. We cannot be held liable for any delivery delays caused by foreign Customs clearance issues or Postal Service strikes.

We encourage all customers to opt for reliable shipping methods. Economical options like USPS 1st Class may be less expensive, but they are not tracked outside of the USA and final delivery is not guaranteed. Please consider opting for more reliable shipping methods like USPS Priority or UPS Worldwide services.

***We will not forge or misrepresent values on shipping documents.***

***Any requests to falsify or declare a lower amount on shipping documents will be ignored***"

Dear all,
Hope everything is well. Finally my bike is running :) mecahnic guys replaced one of the fuel injector as the last move. They have tried to clean but one is npt working. Now i need fuel incejtor for my 2011 v7 racer.

I have to questions on my mind;

1) should i buy af1 racing or guzzi branded injector (what is the differance)

2) it's sold as kit, do you know whats included on kit

3)should i replace both or one is enough?

Thanks in advance :)

v7newbie,

The injectors from AF1 will be the stock factory Guzzi injectors. It looks like they will have them shipped out of Piaggio's Atlanta Georgia USA parts warehouse? For a cost of USD $56.58 plus shipping, I'd go ahead and replace both. Can't hurt after the rust in your tank.

https://www.af1racing.com/store/Scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=51961

Good luck. Please keep us posted.

Dear All,

It's been long since I last updated the status of the bike.
For almost one and a half month the bike was on the service.

Last week I received the injectors, and gave to the service guys.
2 days ago the bike is done and that is the first time I ride the bike :)

It's running well, thanks everyone for your helps :)

Back