• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Greetings - New California 1400 Owner

roadventure

GT Reference
Hello All,

I have posted here recently while in my learning stages about Moto Guzzi. The California 1400 got my attention when it was introduced. I went down to a dealer in Yorktowne, VA and got a demo ride on the then elusive California 1400 Touring. I was impressed with it even though, for some reason, Moto Guzzi shipped it to the dealer without saddlebags. No bags, just the chrome guard bars.... But, I was there to find out if the bike could fit me and the presence of saddlebags didn't matter. I had about 90 minutes with the bike riding some secondary roads and liked it. The torque twist from the engine is reminiscent of my '05 Triumph Rocket III but the engine shakes a lot more at idle. I know why and it's okay. ;)

SInce then I have been watching and waiting for the right time and the right bike to appear. I think I found it, so I contacted the owner and we made a deal. I now own a grey 2014 California Custom, dressed out as a Touring model. I don't have it quite yet, but it will be on its way to me and arrive sometime over the next couple of weeks. I am pretty excited to see the actual bike I bought. So far, it has been only photos.

So, there you are! The adventure into Italian motorcycles begins for me. I have a friend who seems to have a Moto Guzzi addiction and as a result has lowered my expectations somewhat since I have only owned Japanese motorcycles in the past. Hopefully those among you with Moto Guzzi experience will be willing to answer my "stupid questions" going forward.

Thanks for reading!

Dave
Bel Air, Maryland

Last edited:
Good on you Dave! Yes you will find like minded people here and they are all pretty willing to help. But you must remember, you don't own a Moto Guzzi, it owns you and not everyone hears the call. More like an affair with an Italian mistress.

Congratulations! You'll love the bike!!!! I rode the custom on a MG demo day here, and it was a perfect fit and feel right off!!! So I picked up a Touring. I've looked back every time I get off the bike and still love it more each time! Last trip out was just a short haul for lunch and home, about 4 hrs altogether, it ran flawlessly yet again!!!! Best thing about the bike, I can ride for extended time periods, and when I get off my legs aren't all stiff and sore!!!! Yeah, I'm getting older!!!!!

Back