• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

GTM V85TT E4/E5 EVO FUEL KIT INFO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Biggus ( Rick ) here in Oz ( or - Orrrrrstraylya as my 'Murikan buddies pronounce it :) )

I now ( finally ) July 2022 - HAVE my hands on my 2021 V85TT :) :) :) and now, after 5 months, have 2000Kms on him ( mine's the Mojave colour scheme - which everyone calls "The Ronald Macdonald colours" ) .... so I've nicknamed him "Ron" :)

Enjoy your ride. One of these days I'll make it down under myself as I know I'd love it.

Last edited:
Ladies and gentlemen, I installed the Rapid Bike Module and took the bike for a short ride around the block.
The V85TT has the SAS delete, K&N filter, Full Arrow exhaust with the DB killers installed. The Air Box is stock, only the side snorkels removed. Whatever Todd said or promised he delivered plus more.
The bike idles slightly better, not a huge change than before but certainly better.
It pulls through the entire RPM range with the same ferocity, no flat spots, hesitation or after a certain rpm starting to lose steam. NOPE, it pulls hard from 1500-7000. I haven't gone through the gears to tell you how it is after a certain speed BUT the difference is night and day. I think that I saw something about stock 67hp on the dyno and something like 80Hp after installing the Rapid module......well this thing does have all the 80hp claimed.
So, is it worth it? Absolutely YES !!!
Did it deliver what promised? Absolutely YES !!!
Is it more powerful? Aye Karamba YES !!!
Does it pull smooth through the entire rpm range? Absolutely YES !!!
Is the fueling and overall behavior better? Absolutely YES !!!
The V85 are notorious for bad idle. Did it get better? hmmmm.....hmmmmmm......well, yes, but nothing drastic.
Is it worth the $700 and the effort to install? Absolutely YES !!!
Would I recommend it to others? Absolutely YES !!!
Which is better? UpMap or Rapid? I have no idea but Rapid does work for sure.
One last thing.....my bike before Rapid used to ping in hot temperatures and in heavy traffic. I don't know if Rapid has fixed that. I live in NYC, there's traffic everywhere 24/7 I'm sure that the question will be answered very soon.
Thanks Todd....you're the MAN !!!!

Gents, I rode the v85TT with the Rapid bike module today. It runs very well. I had a few flat spots but on the third ride the idle was better and the flat spots were gone. I'm not sure if the bike needs a nice long ride for the ECU to stabilize and "learn" I only rode it a couple of miles so if this is a learning module maybe it needs a bit more time. I also noticed that it runs much cooler. I took the temperature of the cylinder head fins and they were about 15-30 degrees apart. However, when I shot the exhaust with the infra red gun I saw that by the O2 sensors the difference was 30-50 degrees while running. So, it was getting 400 and 350F degrees respectively. One thing for sure, I can smell the exhaust and it runs richer, much healthier. The overall engine temperature has dropped quite a bit and.....after running it idle to get nice and hot I noticed that the engine knock"pinging" at start first gear is also gone.
In that respect, I'm sure that the engine is running healthy enough to prevent long term issues and even damage. The bonus is the extra power. YES, it is faster. it pulls much harder. It feels like it has got about 10-15% more power. It is not huge but for those who claim that the V85TT doesn't have enough HP for its size....well, while still true.....it is far better and adequate in my opinion.
I'm writing this (maybe boring for some) mostly for the people torn between leaving their bike stock or uncorking it. Also for Todd, the creator of the solution, I'm sure that he can use so real life data for improving his recipe.
Frankly, my V9 with Todd's map runs absolutely mean. The V85TT will probably never run as perfect as the V9. Yes, it is a modified engine, it has a lot more power and smoother at higher speeds but in my opinion the E4 bikes vs the E5 are far better. These E5 implementations are like cancer for our bikes.

Also for Todd, the creator of the solution, I'm sure that he can use so real life data for improving his recipe.
MUCH appreciate the posts! Yes, getting words out of people is extremely tough, unless it's dissatisfaction, then they won't stop. ;)
Enjoy!
Also, you can pull and send me the map bi-annually for a check up. Happy to do so no charge.

Gentlemen, the saga of getting the V85 TT running decent is still going on. Now the engine runs very bad, in fact, really bad. It must be temperature related and I'm suspecting that the oil temperature sensor located on the left cylinder head is defective and it is getting progressively worse. I spoke to the tech from MOTO GUZZI and his thoughts on the subject are the same. However, he hasn't had a bike with a faulty sensor for repair so he's NOT 100% sure. He said that it could possibly affect the idle making it running rough and also affect the performance. The reason why, the ECU when it gets faulty temperature inputs or numbers is trying to compensate, it doesn't know what kind of mixture it should give to the cylinders. That's the logic behind it . If anybody knows anything about it....please chime in. Has anybody had a bad temperature, what were the symptoms and is it a part that is known to go bad. Of course it is on backorder therefore, it may be a few weeks before I find out if this is indeed the issue and of course, the Rapid bike module cannot fix the fueling if the sensor is throwing ridiculous values to the ECU. Oh, one more thing....what are the chances that this oil temp sensor was defective since day one and it got progressively worse? The bike has 1,800 miles. The cylinder heads were replaced at 1200 miles due to a recall for the valves. The work was done under warranty.
Hey, any educated opinions, experiences would be very much appreciated.

When i have a suspected sensor problem I use a resistance wheel that goes from 1ohm to 10meg ohms. Pull the plug from the affected sensor, connect the variable resistor and dial in the value for a warmed up engine, values can usually be found in the specs from cold to hot, run the bike and see if that sorts it.

Is this at all related to a GTM Fuel Kit? That's the topic of this thread.
Nope, it is not. There's absolutely nothing wrong with the fuel kit even though it is behaving badly due to a bad sensor. In my mind, this is expected. You can't take Mike Phelps put his legs in shackles and expect him to break world records. In fact, when the sensor was somewhat ok the fuel kit was working awesome. I'm sure once the problems are resolved the Rapid Bike module will be able to do its job.
However, I'd like to ask you.....in your experience, is the Oil temperature sensor a likely culprit or am I barking at the wrong tree?
By the way....I opened the holes on the air box and it felt better. Also, the K&N intake soundtrack is very sweet.

E4 V85tt 44k miles with full Guzzi Tech exhaust and RapidBike controller. Getting occasional P0154 code/CEL which goes away for a week or two when cleared. First occurred when temperatures approached 115f after getting off the freeway with engine HOT and idling at stoplight. Seems only to happen when bike is at idle and engine and ambient temperatures are high. Time to replace the sensor(s) or are there other avenues to explore first ?

P0154 is a 02-sensor. Could simply be reading "out of range" as it's a narrow band sensor. I'd recommend hold as is, and wait until cooler weather to see if it persists. My bet is that it will not. Read from earlier in this thread.

Hello, I just received my parts from GTM. I have a full Agostini exhaust, rapid bike tuner, SAS block off's, I have already done the fuel tip over mod and will be modifying the air box with a new K&N filter. I had emailed the sales staff twice and they asked had I "download everything" and read up? I'm thinking the RB tuner is plug and play, so prolly cant mess that up. Installing the exhaust should be no problem and the I have read the threads on that and is fairly simple. Is there something im missing? TempImageuUDyR8

August I 2023 I purchased a 2020 V85TT from a gent in Lakewood Colorado. I got the bike with 3248 miles on the clock. The fellow I purchased the bike from made these mods. RB EVO Fuel Kit, SAS block offs, DNA air filter, Mistral Y pipe (CAT Delete) and Mistral cone slip-on with DB killer. I have not checked but he did say he did the Air Box mod. After some reading I did the Evap Can delete. He did mention that with the plugin for the SAS air pump that he got a CEL. The pimp is still in place without hoses attached but it is plugged in to the OEM circuit. I do not get a CEL. The only time I have gotten a CEL is at 115 ambient temp in city riding and I had not done the Evap can delete.

I have no baseline as I have not ridden a stock V85TT so that is the basis for some questions that I have. But before that here is my observations as to how it runs. After nearly 2500 miles the mpg is 47.85. Which I understand is reasonably good for this bike. So is this reasonable mpg? These are mixed driving conditions and varying elevations. The bike seems to run well. It revs quickly 7k rpm under load, no missing, stutters, but seems to have slow revs in the mid range when under full open throttle but not overly annoying. Makes a lot of intake noise. No popping on deceleration. Exhaust is very sooty but the spark plugs look good to me. See pics But I will say that on cold start up it smells rich.

My immediately previous motorcycle was a 2020 650 Vstrom. Although similar they are different animals so trying to compare ah is not worth the effort.

So I guess the big question is what should I expect from these mods to the bike?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-09-02 at 6.46.03 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-02 at 6.46.03 PM.png
    624.2 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot 2023-09-02 at 6.46.12 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-02 at 6.46.12 PM.png
    649.9 KB · Views: 11
Grabcon I have the almost the same, except min is a 2022 E5, with full Agostini system, it runs best with decibel killer installed. Only have have a bout 500 ish miles. but my computer tells me my average mpg is 61, crazy ! bike revs freely to 8000 rpms way more power. if I set the cruise at 75 mph computer say about 42.

Grabcon I have the almost the same, except min is a 2022 E5, with full Agostini system, it runs best with decibel killer installed. Only have have a bout 500 ish miles. but my computer tells me my average mpg is 61, crazy ! bike revs freely to 8000 rpms way more power. if I set the cruise at 75 mph computer say about 42.
My MPG is calculated not the computer on the bike I find this a more accurate way to track MPG. I have an app on my phone that I track all fills and maintenance on my vehicles.

Thanks for the response.

Grabcon, the milage I reported has changed. when I was getting 61, that was on 93 octane with no ethanol. Now today I refilled with the normal 91ish ethanol and milage dropped to 55 still pretty good compared to when it was stock getting around 45. The Rapid Bike Evo. unit has auto tune capabilities, but how long does this process take? I admit I have experimented with removing the decibel killer and reinstalling it, several times. But with maybe 600 miles on it, it does have some "stumbles" occasional in lower rpms at light throttle.

August I 2023 I purchased a 2020 V85TT from a gent in Lakewood Colorado. I got the bike with 3248 miles on the clock. The fellow I purchased the bike from made these mods. RB EVO Fuel Kit, SAS block offs, DNA air filter, Mistral Y pipe (CAT Delete) and Mistral cone slip-on with DB killer. I have not checked but he did say he did the Air Box mod. After some reading I did the Evap Can delete. He did mention that with the plugin for the SAS air pump that he got a CEL. The pimp is still in place without hoses attached but it is plugged in to the OEM circuit. I do not get a CEL.
Very good on all. Did he buy it from GTM? What map is installed?
No comment on mileage or smell (sorry, silly comment for an air-cooled engine). They need to run on the rich side of the scale.
As to power, see the first post of this thread... You'll find dedicated dyno-documented info there. Search and read a little from there, you'll find tons of info. ;)

Very good on all. Did he buy it from GTM? What map is installed?
No comment on mileage or smell (sorry, silly comment for an air-cooled engine). They need to run on the rich side of the scale.
As to power, see the first post of this thread... You'll find dedicated dyno-documented info there. Search and read a little from there, you'll find tons of info. ;)
I am pretty sure he bought from GTM but I will need to reach out to him and confirm and to see what map was installed.

I spoke with the previous owner and he did say he bought the RB EVO fuel kit from GTM and that he provided information to Todd and Todd set it up prior to shipping. That all I know.

Last edited:
Has the RB EVO been discontinued? It’s product page link at the start of this thread 404’s and I can’t seem to locate it in the store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back