• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Guzzi-curious in Cottonwood, CA

Hookalatch

Just got it firing!
Guzzi-curious in Cottonwood, CA. Interested in a V85TT. Plan a test ride soon. The 3 nearest dealers are 185-210 miles away and all 3 have really poor dealership ratings for parts and service. That's giving me some pause. Read a lot and watched endless videos about this model. Somewhat concerned about the wind buffeting/noise issue without going to some really unattractive solution.

Current bikes are a 2018 Bonneville T120 and a BMW R1250GS. Been a lot of others in the 60 years I have been riding but never a Guzzi.

Chuck

Guzzi-curious in Cottonwood, CA. Interested in a V85TT. Plan a test ride soon.
Hi Chuck, I moved your post to its own thread, as I nearly missed it. There are Guzzi owners much further away from civilization than you are there in Cottonwood. If you're used to Euro machines and their remote access, along with some help from those here and the STORE tab above, you're in for a real treat. Guzzis are addictive, be forewarned. Enjoy the site.

When you test ride, keep in mind that the windshield angle is adjustable (requires wrenching so you would want to find a good position and leave it there). I have the standard windshield on my Centenario (not the larger one that comes on the Travel version) and am not concerned with buffeting or noise while riding with my flip-up helmet.

My nephew and I rented R1250GS bikes for a one-way trip from Anchorage, AK to Portland, OR in 2019. Although that was a couple years before I bought my V85TT, I think the riding position and wind noise is similar. The windshields on the rentals were much bigger and offered more rain/wind protection. Of course, the V85 does not have as much power as the big GS, but it makes better fuel mileage. The V85TT could be my only bike if I did not already have my R1150RS, but I am keeping the BMW for purely pavement trips. The Moto Guzzi is my choice if the trip has even the slightest possibility of unpaved roads.

I am sure you will like the V85TT after a test ride as long as you don't mind doing your own servicing. As Todd said, Guzzis are addictive--I am certainly addicted!

Well, here's a counter argument! I picked up my 2022 V85TT 3 days ago and have about 160 miles on it now. For me the wind buffeting is terrible - my first mod will be a new windshield. Anything over 55mph or so and there's an awful low-frequency rumbling around my helmet. Repositioning the screen didn't help. I looked through this forum and didn't find any suggestions. I'll post a separate dedicated thread for it!
patrick

Back