• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Hello and a V9 Roamer question

bmw111

Tuned and Synch'ed
Greetings to everyone. I'll soon be a Moto Guzzi owner and it's basically come down to a very low mileage (~1,100 miles) V7 III Stone and a V9 Roamer with ~17K miles. Based on everything I've read over the last few days and just my preference for the style I'm leaning toward the V9. Would anyone have any hesitation purchasing a 2017 V9 with that many miles? Apparently that's not many miles for a Moto Guzzi but I'm hesitating because all of the used bikes I've bought over the years had much less mileage. On the other hand, it seems that 17K might be barely broken in for a Moto Guzzi. :D

I'm not looking for a garage queen, I plan on riding the bike a lot -- when it's not snowing here in the Great White North. I do my own maintenance (used to have Honda Tech certification) and am not afraid to get dirty. Here is the V7 III and V9 Roamer I'm looking at. Any thoughts?

Go ride them both and determine it from there for yourself. 17k is barely broken in for a Guzzi provided it wasn't ignored for proper set up and service. Only downside of the V9 is tire selection and fuel capacity (far less than the V7).

Thanks, that’s what I was hoping to hear. I’m no stranger to weird tire sizes so no issues there. My KLR can go 250 miles on the trot but my bum is usually telling me to stop well before that so I think the smaller tank is OK. My reading seems to indicate the V9 has/had less niggling issues than the V7 series. I guess I’ll find out whichever way I go.

I love my Roamer but the standard seat is fairly thin and hard, my butt was aching after an hour. I fitted the Guzzi comfort seat and can now go 2 hours or more without problems. Range to low fuel light comming on is 120 to 150 miles depending on how it's ridden, there is then 5 litres left.
I see the V7 has the same speedo as the V9, mine is on it's second after the LCD panel failed, the second has now failed also, I think it's due to water getting in while washing as there was condensation in it before it failed. I now wash with the speedo covered with cling film.
Check the fuel filter and if half plastic change it for an all metal one.

I wound up with the V7. In person it just looked so much better than any of the pictures I've seen. And the riding position suits me as it's more of a standard upright position, which I've always been partial to.

It has 1023 miles and the PO did not do the first service yet. It's a 2017 (bought new in 2020) so out of warranty obviously, and I do my own service anyway so no dealer visit for me unless there's something I don't know about the first service on a 2017 V7 that only a dealer should perform.

Thanks for the feedback. I've got a lot more reading to do now. :nod:

Last edited:
Back