• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Help me. I’m caving…

I'm curious about how that large cross-section front tire affects handling.

Does anyone have any riding experience with such a tire?

Jason

I've not ridden the Bobber tire but I have ridden the Sportster like it. I don't find any real issue with it personally but this was just driving around on normal roads and not a racetrack. I'm sure, professional racers like Todd would have a differing opinion.

I take it you don't like this platform either then?
They must be doing something right because it is this platform that is bankrolling the whole damn operation now...
I'm not a fan of the V9. The V7 is the one keeping things afloat.

But the V9 is now the same engine as the V85 right? Isn't the new V7 using the same engine too? I admit, I'm fairly stupid about all of these lightweights.
Correct. The '21-22 V7 & V9 use the same as the V85TT engine, but not the big throttle body unfortunately (it won't fit).

I'm probably just impatient for the V100. I do like that orange though. At a bargain price, I would probably have one. Not $9k though.

Well, I apologize for comparing a Sportster with the bike that you're interested in.

I certainly was not trying to draw a disparaging comparison.

Notably, I've owned a range of different bikes from Aermacchis to Honda Helix to Norton Commandos to Electra Glide Ultra Limited and a bunch in between and I've learned they each have there special place and I've enjoyed them all for different reasons.

I also never criticize another persons motorcycle.

So don't let my Sporster reference dissuade you.

Jason

I'm curious about how that large cross-section front tire affects handling.

Does anyone have any riding experience with such a tire?

Jason
I have tons, as I had one in my rental fleet and did a few small block group rides here on it in SoCal.
The bulbous tire inspires confidence as it has a big rubber contact area. It does require heavy bar pressure/steering.
I'm personally not a fan at all of the Roamer 19" front, though I know a lot of people that own them don't mind them at all.

Well, I apologize for comparing a Sportster with the bike that you're interested in.

I certainly was not trying to draw a disparaging comparison.

Notably, I've owned a range of different bikes from Aermacchis to Honda Helix to Norton Commandos to Electra Glide Ultra Limited and a bunch in between and I've learned they each have there special place and I've enjoyed them all for different reasons.

I also never criticize another persons motorcycle.

So don't let my Sporster reference dissuade you.

Jason

Absolutely no need Jason!

I'm not offended at all. I actually am able to find SOMETHING to like in just about every motorcycle (except those designed by Pierre Terblanche :sick: Everything he ever made is just disgusting... :D )

I like every marque really. Something for everybody to like if you look around.

Now, certain marques, I hate working on (think Harley-Davidsons) but I have owned several of them and I loved them all at one time. Go figure.

I'm fading fast on this V9 idea already though. Seems to be way too much that has been going wrong with this platform.

If I find one of those Orange Bobber Sports later with low miles and a $5k price point, I might bite. Maybe.

Until then, I think I'm just awaiting the first ride on a V100 which I hope I will love.

I hope. ;)👍🙏

I take it you don't like this platform either then?

They must be doing something right because it is this platform that is bankrolling the whole damn operation now...
Ive actually been eyeballing a V9 bobber to add to my stable.
I know I told Todd that the 850 motor is lumpier than the 744/820, but something about an italian sportster with some white walls is itching me along with a fairing to just cruise around the city
I already have my V7 III 820 for when I want to hit the canyons. She rides purdy nice

Everybody here knows I love my Piaggio MP3 and I am feeling like having a lightweight motorcycle.

Believe it or not, of all the motorcycles that come into my shop on a regular basis, one of my very favorites is the Harley Davidson 883 Sportster.

I find it very peppy, lightweight, supremely easy to mount and dismount, easy as hell to ride, and entirely flickable. I love everything about it except the tiny fuel tank. After all of the years I've ridden large machines, it's nice to get on something lightweight and simple.

I kind of felt this way towards that Orange Bobber. Struck a chord in my psyche as it was...

Everybody here knows I love my Piaggio MP3 and I am feeling like having a lightweight motorcycle.

Believe it or not, of all the motorcycles that come into my shop on a regular basis, one of my very favorites is the Harley Davidson 883 Sportster.

I find it very peppy, lightweight, supremely easy to mount and dismount, easy as hell to ride, and entirely flickable. I love everything about it except the tiny fuel tank. After all of the years I've ridden large machines, it's nice to get on something lightweight and simple.

I kind of felt this way towards that Orange Bobber. Struck a chord in my psyche as it was...

Well, I can now understand how you're attracted to the Orange Bobber.

Jason

Correct. The '21-22 V7 & V9 use the same as the V85TT engine, but not the big throttle body unfortunately (it won't fit).
Jeez brother, what are ya doing to me... ya got me brains buzzin now....:D
Now a dead serious question- what if I can make it fit? Will it work by swapping to V85TT's throttle body and using it's mapping?

Of course you want a V9, anyone who doesn't is living in denial and I believe that there is therapy available for the Roamer naysayers.

I might be slightly based though as V9 Roamer owner😅

Jeez brother, what are ya doing to me... ya got me brains buzzin now....:D
Now a dead serious question- what if I can make it fit? Will it work by swapping to V85TT's throttle body and using it's mapping?
That’s what I do to myself too. Heh, all the time. That transplant would be incredibly complex as you’d need the wiring harness and ECU as well. Likely not worth the $ IMO.

That part of my dream is shattered now....LOL
But hey, maybe one day a big bore kit will be available for V7 850:wasntme:
Bigger bore would not help without getting more air/fuel in and exhaust out. You would still need to do something about the small throttle body.

Back