• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Help- security code on 1200 Sport

boatdetective

Tuned and Synch'ed
Hey guys- So I just replaced the handlebars on my sport. i must've touched something in the dash- because once i turned the ignition, it prompts me for the security code. I'm not the original owner and neither is the guy i bought it from.

I've tried entering 00000, 10000, 00001, 12345, and even some zipcodes near the area where i bought is. Nada.

In case it means anything, recently I've had the ! Service light flash on, 9400 miles on bike.

Is there any way to clear this through Guzzidiag? Does that even matter, as I cannot start the bike up? Does the code get set by the dealer as part of original prep?

...last, am i totally screwed and do i have to buy a new dash? Is there no such thing as a new dash for a 1200?

The one you probably can't answer, why the F*K did i buy another Guzzi?

THANK YOU!!

Jonathan

You may have disconnected the immoibilizer antenna. Try the service code. Some use that. If you got the original owners manual, hopefully the original owner wrote it down. If you can't contact the first owner, your only recourse is the replace the dash. That is one big drawback with the security chip function.

Once you get the immobilizer working and you have two recognized keys, you can recover and change the user code. See the 1100 Breva general service manual once the download section is rebuilt. If it isn't up soon, and you get the immobilizer working let me know and I'll post it to this thread.

Hi John- Thx. Where is the antenna and how do i check it? I have the parts diagrams and just see the dash and main switch. Is the antenna buried somewhere in there?

If it is like the 1100 Breva, see Tab 36 of the parts manual. That is the illustration of the main harness and the connectors. Follow the harness branch back from the instrument cluster to find it. It should surround the back side of the ignition switch. Good luck.

John- Thanks. i found the immobilizer and the connection seemed OK. i jiggle things around, but really have no idea how to test the immobilizer to positively determine if it is not working. The service manual is vague about changing the code:

Resetting the CODE
This function is used to set a new code when the old one is not available; in this case, at least two of
the programmed keys have to be inserted in the ignition lock.
After the first key has been inserted, the second one is requested with the following message:
INSERT KEY II
If the second key is not inserted within 20 seconds, the operation is finished.
After recognising the second key, the new code is required with the message:
ENTER NEW CODE
Once the operation is finished, the instrument panel goes back to the SET-UP men

My question is- after inserting the key- where do they come up with the "INSERT KEY II" message?? I put the key in, turn it to position one, and it says (as before) "ENTER CODE". I've no idea what I'm supposed to press or turn after inserting the key to get it to go into the reset function. Also- if i reset the code- does this mean the immobilizer will recognize the keys again?

Thank you for your help, sir.

Todd, tnx_ but I already tried it. Nada. I don't quite get it. There are error codes for a fried immobizdr, but it seems thatyou ccan't get to the service menu without the user code.

Feel like I'm run ing in circles. I'd like to talk to someone @ Guzzi NA, but just know they'll insist I go to a dealer. (nice guys, but my gut is that they aren't committed to the brand).

boatdetective said:
John- Thanks. i found the immobilizer and the connection seemed OK. i jiggle things around, but really have no idea how to test the immobilizer to positively determine if it is not working. The service manual is vague about changing the code:

Resetting the CODE
This function is used to set a new code when the old one is not available; in this case, at least two of
the programmed keys have to be inserted in the ignition lock.
After the first key has been inserted, the second one is requested with the following message:
INSERT KEY II
If the second key is not inserted within 20 seconds, the operation is finished.
After recognising the second key, the new code is required with the message:
ENTER NEW CODE
Once the operation is finished, the instrument panel goes back to the SET-UP men

My question is- after inserting the key- where do they come up with the "INSERT KEY II" message?? I put the key in, turn it to position one, and it says (as before) "ENTER CODE". I've no idea what I'm supposed to press or turn after inserting the key to get it to go into the reset function. Also- if i reset the code- does this mean the immobilizer will recognize the keys again?

Thank you for your help, sir.

The dash has to recognize the first key. Please re-read my previous post. Once the antenna is working, then you can reset the code. Not until then. You may need to take it to a dealer to sort out the immobilizer issue. Apparently it worked an one time, but isn't now. Most likely the antenna is damaged and isn't functioning.

Back