• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

How-to turned health woes...

Raven

GT Reference
GT Famiglia
Maybe you could give me a « demonstration » of how it works ;)
I'll see what I can do. I'm crazy busy doing a full house reno, buying a car from Toronto plus nursing a case of shingles right now. If you can wait a month or so, it should be possible. If you can find the ports on the throttle bodies and research the adjusting process that will make it even easier.
I did my friends '76 BMW R75/6 last summer. Those bikes are so easy to work on.

5 1/2 hours in the Wakefield hospital and never saw a doctor. I gave up and left. Thankfully my super human immune system kicked in and I only have a very mild case (so far). Day 11.
If it’s only mild after 11 days your Good 👍
I got the meds the second day and it was a non event.
The Ms. Didn’t get the meds early and didn’t fare as well.. :(

I have 13 months until I am eligible for the vaccination. After seeing my mother-in-laws shingles, I am nervously biding my time for my 50th.

It’s the virus that causes chicken pox.

Varicella zoster virus (VZV), also known as human herpesvirus 3.

Most everyone in North America has the virus inside them already from childhood infection with chicken pox.

The virus remains dormant in your nerve cells, and when it reactivates later in life, you can experience shingles.

It is very painful as it attacks the nerve cells.

Last edited:
It’s the virus that causes chicken pox.

Most everyone in North America has the virus inside them already from childhood infection with chicken pox.
Like a really bad belated present that you never really know when the delivery may be.

My son got it when he was in his mid twenties and it left a scar on his ribs along the line of a nerve. Looks like a burn scar almost. Funnily enough he said it wasn't particularly painful.

Damn! I just went in for my physical and the doctor was pushing me to get the shot ( I turn 65 tomorrow ). I gonna make a point to go get it this month. In the meantime Raven, I hope you feel better soon.

Here in NZ pensioners get it for free ( not sure of the actual age bracket ), otherwise you have to pay about 7 -800 bucks . I dont qualify yet but no one in our family ( Im talking my great grandparents .....an Im 61 ) has ever had it .
When I was a kid mothers used to organise " parties "' so that the kids with chicken pox , mumps , measles could share it round so that one got done with it before one was old enough to be permanently damaged .... specially the mumps .....bit absurd really ..... some kid gets the mumps and we all have to go play at his house for a day :)

Here in NZ pensioners get it for free ( not sure of the actual age bracket ), otherwise you have to pay about 7 -800 bucks . I dont qualify yet but no one in our family ( Im talking my great grandparents .....an Im 61 ) has ever had it .
When I was a kid mothers used to organise " parties "' so that the kids with chicken pox , mumps , measles could share it round so that one got done with it before one was old enough to be permanently damaged .... specially the mumps .....bit absurd really ..... some kid gets the mumps and we all have to go play at his house for a day :)
It is a bit « odd » but really - get it over with rather than string it along.

For us in Alberta, I believe it is around $175 a shot (two shots required). You are fortunate in NZ that some are covered. In my opinion, it is worth the cost.

Your parties sound like the ones held for Covid. Such a foreign thought for me.

Back