• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

It’s alive!

davethewelder

Cruisin' Guzzisti
I wanted to post 30 second video, but we know what they sound like. Rode it around the block, a few times it stumbles in low rpms, mostly it pulls nice from 2500 ! All my lights work, needs lots of tlc! I might take to the MG dealer in Clearwater Florida if the bog does clear up. Just a shorter ride and I’m liking this, I’m liking this a lot! Image

Low speed fueling likely partially clogged injectors. Pull them and have them professionally cleaned. Many boat repair shops have the capability. Do not use injection cleaner in the fuel.
From there, read the reviews here;

Thanks Todd, I’ll be taking the injectors to have them cleaned, also I’ll be ordering some parts from you soon.

Dave,

This is THE BEST company I've ever dealt with for this service. They are truly exceptional. They can rebuild everything on the Moto Guzzi injectors and they give you a before and after written report of the injector performance. First class all the way and FAST!

rcfuelinjection.com

Fuel Injector Standard Service

Fuel injectors cleaned, balanced and calibrated
Returned in 24 hours
* with a completely detailed, computerized summary

The purpose of cleaning and flow-testing is to 1) remove any contaminants inside or outside the injector that impede fuel flow or degrade fuel spray pattern 2) to accurately measure each injector's fuel flow ability and 3) acquire quantitative data on injector performance the vehicle owner can use in matching injectors or tuning the engine's fuel system.

Any set of fuel injectors will benefit from RC's cleaning and flow analysis service, This is even true of new injectors because the individual-injector and system-total fuel flows must be known for performance tuning purposes. It is not uncommon for a set of original equipment (OE) injectors to have an unacceptably wide range of fuel flow and it's possible to even have new injectors that do not function properly. RC's standard testing process identifies those problematic injectors.

The test process is as follows: first, your injectors are installed on RC's custom designed and built computer-controlled injector flow-testing equipment. A non-flammable, (gasoline-like) test calibration fluid is pumped at a precisely-controlled pressure through the injectors while they are pulsed by injector-drivers built into the equipment. The volume of fuel passed through the injector is accurately measured for a set amount of time and from those figures, fuel flow is derived. During the flow- test, the injector spray patterns are visually inspected and analyzed by RC's technicians using both bright room and strobe lights.

After the initial flow-test, your injectors are transferred to an ultrasonic cleaning machine and connected to injector drivers. They are submerged in cleaning solution and pulsed while being subjected to ultrasonic waves. The combination of the cleaning solution and the ultrasonic waves aggressively clean the internal and external parts of the injectors.

Finally, the now-clean injectors are reinstalled on the flow-tester and run again. At the conclusion of the test, a printed report is produced. This report lists: fuel flow rates (in pounds-per-hour and cubic centimeters per minute) before and after cleaning, and spray pattern assessments for each injector tested. Also included is the "system balance" number which is the flow difference, expressed in a percentage, between the injectors having the highest and lowest flow rates amongst the lot of injectors tested. The system's total fuel delivery in lbs/hr. and cc/min along with a computation of potential horsepower at three different brake specific fuel consumption rates concludes the report.

* We strive for a 24 hour turn around for most fuel injector servicing. However, there are times when our volume may dictate a 48 hour turn around. Holidays and weekends are excluded. If overnight shipping is used, the turnaround time is usually three days. RC is not responsible for delays by the shipping companies.

Low speed fueling likely partially clogged injectors. Pull them and have them professionally cleaned. .....
My entirely stock Roamer misses a beat once in a while when I blip the throttle on a down shift.
Could that be partially blocked injectors?
Cheers

My entirely stock Roamer misses a beat once in a while when I blip the throttle on a down shift.
Cheers

Possible but not very probable I think.

I would attribute that to more a hiccup in the Fuel Injection logic actually. FI systems don't respond to "blips" like carburetors do.

On a great many FI systems, they do not like the rapid transition of throttle positions like that and they can hiccup once in awhile.

Smoothing out your roll on and off almost always rectifies this issue and causes it to not happen further.

I can induce that behavior by whipping the throttle around like that so I know it's FI signal latency. FWIW.

Last edited:
No as Scott says above it's 100% related to "ECU mapping" - which I have long ago resolved via my flash tool on the STORE link above. It is also very critical for service and set up (and frequent TPS reset at every service as a minimum). You might want to check your air box for oil as well. All of these are WELL COVERED on this Forum. ;)

Update, I got my fuel injectors rebuilt. Rode it around the block, with no seat! 🙀. Seat is getting recovered by Sargent seat. Bike sounds sweet with Angostini mufflers. Soon I’ll post a picture when it’s a rider!

Duilio Agostini - He was an Italian Grand Prix motorcycle racer and the founder of the Moto Guzzi dealership in Mandello del Lario that bears his name which is just down the road from the factory. His daughter, Alis, ran it for many years. She and her sister, Lindy Agostini, sold the historic, landmark Moto Guzzi dealership in Mandello del Lario to Mr. Alberto Agliati in 2009.

Duilio was born, lived and died in Mandello del Lario.

His signed picture from the 1955 Isle of Mann, hangs proudly on the wall of my workshop, right next to Omobono Tenni.

Duilio lived, ate, and breathed Moto Guzzi motorcycles. He was intimately connected to the factory and worked there as well. He was an amazing person, always seems to be smiling, and everybody universally loved him very much.

IMG 8869

Screen Shot 2022 10 06 at 93540 AM

A29B9C94 FBA8 4BE8 971B 44DEA088966B

Alis Agostini and her Dad, Duilio

B0DA06D8 BA2E 4AAB 8DA1 CEDF05DA9755 2FB6C1D7 7413 4ACD 9AB3 6760933842BC

Last edited:
Duilio Agostini - He was an Italian Grand Prix motorcycle racer and the founder of the Moto Guzzi dealership in Mandello del Lario that bears his name which is just down the road from the factory. His daughter, Alis, has run it for many years now. Duilio was born, lived and died in Mandello del Lario.

His signed picture from the 1955 Isle of Mann, hangs proudly on the wall of my workshop, right next to Omobono Tenni.

Duilio lived, ate, and breathed Moto Guzzi motorcycles. He was intimately connected to the factory and worked there as well. He was an amazing person, always seems to be smiling, and everybody universally loved him very much.

View attachment 26980

View attachment 26979

View attachment 26975

Alis Agostini and her Dad, Duilio

View attachment 26976View attachment 26977

Wow! I was in that shop last week!!! and toured the Moto Guzzi Museum! Picture of very first Moto Guzzi made by Carlo Guzzi and financial aid by Giorgio Parodi. Beautiful museum!

03FDDB9A BBE8 487B BFDE C172DDE8F32A 3F134F28 7680 4700 9513 F13BF13812E6

Last edited by a moderator:
The Agostini dealership in the photo has to be the coolest place to buy a Guzzi on the planet.
Indeed. They are blocks away from the factory in Mandello. Awesome shop, stellar crew, even under the new(er) owners.

Back