• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

It's Complicated. My motorcycle relationships

NorgeCapt.Bob

Tuned and Synch'ed
GT Contributor
I'm approaching a crossroads with my Norge. She's been there every morning to go to work and gets me home safe. But there just isn't time to really enjoy it on the open road as I'd hoped. The right bike but the wrong moment in my life perhaps.
My heavily modded VFR800 was down awaiting unobtatium parts and the salvage titled 07 Norge was just meant to be a temporary solution.
I so thouroughly enjoyed the machine that I began to invest in better brakes suspension and tuning along with maintinance and repairs to really see what this bike could be. No regrets. I'll never recoup that investment but as Todd says it's a labor of love and I love the results.

My garage is over crowded since my passion for dirt bikes and desert racing has become my main thrust.
Plus we are working on a back to back chain of home improvements and have vacation travel plans dominating my present Calander.

The Norge was probably the wrong Guzzi for me. Big and heavy for daily commuter but awesome at the same time. Especially Californias new winter rain.
I was actually in the market for a middleweight adventure tour bike at the time and still am.
Then there is classic 69 FJ40 Landcruiser resto in my garage that is 8 yrs over due for completion.

Maybe if my wife didn't have to squeeze by 4 dirtbikes and 3 street bikes and the FJ to do our laundry in "our" garage I would get less pressure to thin my stable.
Yes I need more garage space especially since the washer and dryer are in there. I can't even work on my bike properly.
I do have plans for a side yard shelter for the dirtbikes and trailer included in the ongoing projects.
Perhaps once the house is caught up and our itch to travel Europe is sufficiently scratched. I may even sell the Landcruiser to enhance my moto funds if I don't love it. I will revisit MG ownership again.
For now my beloved 99 Honda VFR800 will be my daily ride and touring bike. My 2016 Tuono Factory for the canyons and trackdays. My 07 Norge and 08 Yamaha WR450f are 😔 going on the market.

20230211 083416

I'm too cheap to rent. Old habit from a career in construction. Always saving for leaner times. But it would be nice to have a storage unit. Sideyard MC patio should help a bunch.

I had a Tiger 800 on long loan whilst they sent native divers into Lake Como to collect air box sponges for my V7ii and delivered by Roman ox-cart. So I was surprised that the Tigger with double the ponies delivered a significantly slower pace than my Guzzi. By like 10 minutes over 40-50 miles. Mostly down to handling and the fistful of nothing point and squirt engine. It's not all about power. A friend had a VFR, became disatisfied with it and now has an Africa Twin.

I test rode '12 Tiger 800 before I bought the Norge. Left me flat.
I had a Street Triple before and really loved it.
I'll look at test riding quite a few bikes before I buy anything new.

I've had VFRs since 86. They're part of my moto DNA.
But for sure the MG bikes will always have my attention. Stelvio, 850, V100 we'll see.

And silly me I bought a reconstructed title 08 Norge as my first big bike. Heavy and I’m still learning throttle control but I like it.

Now was that 5th or 6th? Did I downshift into 1st or was that still second?

Good luck with your sale.

I'm picking it up from a fresh service at GTM today. I'll probably change my mind about selling it before I get home. Haha.
Not in any hurry either way. Summertime is here.
Wife and I discussed subbing out the major parts of the Landcruiser restoration to get it done with the thought of selling it if needed. I'm going to look into that as well.
I seldom have buyers remorse when it comes to bikes. It's seller's remorse I struggle with.
My parents live half a block from me. 🤔 Maybe Dad and I could make a space for it in his garage.

Last edited:
Rode bike for another lovely 8k miles and just sold it sunday.
Had to fix an oil leak at the base of the extended oil check/ /fill stem. Thought a proper fwy test ride to GTM would be apropos. Last ride before buyer picked it up.
Typical it languished on Offerup, Craigalist and FB marketplace for months then 2 serious buyers wanted it at the exact same time.
First guy rode and loved it but as Italian bikes are full of character and personality it began dripping oil from the extended oil fill stem. Mia culpa as I used an inadequate o ring when I replaced a pinched and broken one weeks earlier chasing leaks on this bike was more educational and fulfilling than annoying. Whatayagondo?
Found a nice fat tight o ring and ditched the useless washer that bit the last o ring. I doped the threads as that robust stainless base had hammered the al block threads some. I was still able to hand tighten it flush and give it a good cinch. The last leak fixed and I'm going to miss my Moto Guzzi for a while until it's time for a new one.
Chao chao GTM. I'll be checking in regularly. Great forum, great shop and a special brand of bike and people.

IMG 0769
20231216 112932
20231216 103732
20231217 112400

"It's Complicated. My motorcycle relationships."

Ha!

Ain't nobody here got that disease more than I. I guarantee it.

Just ask Mindis! I collect motorcycles like he collects carbon fiber stuff and a host of other fabrication apparatuses.

Desperately struggling to put away all the stuff from my huge workshop that my very dear friends moved for me twice while I was hospitalized and having bypass surgery, and also incorporating all my tools and stuff from my other house in Findlay, and struggling to figure out how to adequately put 20 motorcycles in my workshop area. 🤦‍♂️

Don't get me wrong, I'm blessed and fortunate to have such problems. 🙏

However, "Complicated" doesn't even begin to describe my motorcycle relationships... :D

Thank God it's a balmy 28 F degrees today 🥶❄️⛄

IMG 3413 IMG 3414 IMG 3415 IMG 3416 IMG 3417 IMG 3418 IMG 3419 IMG 3420

Last edited:
The more room you have the more stuff. Works the other way also, the more you accumulate the more room you need.
You also just moved. Just takes time to weed out what you don't need not want. I rent a storage space but not big.
Got nothing but time to sort it and buy more.

Back