Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if we can be of help. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles® -- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.
  2. There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to a PRODUCT or other competing website(s), this includes personal pages, social media or other Forums. We work very hard to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. Sorry to have to do this, but we don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see our online STORE link above; GTM product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.

Jackal issue, flooding, odd bike

Discussion in 'Chat & Tech Info' started by Dr. Evil, Mar 25, 2021.

1. Dr. Evil

Dr. Evil Just got it firing!

Hello all and thanks for reading my first post. I have an unfortunate collection of non running Guzzis that just wasnt complete without one more, apparently. Last weekend I purchased a 74 Eldorado with a 2000 Jackal drive train stuffed into it. It started, ran, I drove it up the driveway and onto the trailer. Now, in my garage (which may be cursed), I doesnt start and after a short time fuel starts pouring out of the right (up side when on side stand) intake. The left has not had this issue.

What I have done to date:
    - Checked suction at both intakes, they are the same and indicate no valve issue in the right.
    - Removed right TB assembly, cranked engine and watched injector pulse fuel into the air. More of a cloud than a cone. This may indicate something.
    - Checked to make sure fuel was coming out of left injector with TB housing left on the bike. I felt the fuel pulses on crank with my finger at the nozzle.

Since this is a conversion, it has a Power Commander 3 on it. I am unfamiliar with these things, so looks like familiarization is coming soon. Could this be causing my issue? Why all of the sudden?

Next steps planned:
    - Check the Power Commander out, verify not causing my headache.
    - Flow the injectors to see if they are equal, and if they are right pattern and volume over time. I do not know what the V/T is, though, so it would be best guess. New injectors are about $150...I dont want to try throwing money at it until it works.
    - Verify spark, however it will cough initially before it starts to flood.

I am new to the newer Guzzi so appreciate any help and direction. I have looked at the service manual on line, it was not much help.

2. john zibell

john zibell Moderator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

If you are only getting a mist from the injector I recommend sending both to RC Engineering to be cleaned. It is possible the RH injector isn't closing completely resulting in fuel escaping. https://www.rcfuelinjection.com/ Todd, the administrator of the forum is well versed in Power commander and once you get the injectors cleaned can help you with any issues of you still have any.

3. Dr. Evil

ok, will do. I’m thinking after RC treatment that it may correct. Odd that it happened right after I got home. Bike in current iteration had 1000mi on it for a total of 19k and change in the engine.

4. john zibell

It is 20 years old. A piece of debris may be the culprit. That can occur at any time.

Moto-Uno likes this.
  5. Dr. Evil

Any idea the size or part number for the O rings for the injectors? in the parts fische it is in a component cluster that is way expensive and includes stuff I dont need. I measured last night and then got to searching for alternatives at places like McMaster-Carr. Ideal, I believe, would be Viton, but Nitrile seems ot be the easily sourced material. Size appeared to be 8x15x3.5mm, but when I measured the inlet side of the injector it was 7.8mm and the Orings there seems ever so slightly smaller in ID at least. Maybe standard v metric? The square big rubbers on the injectors will be reused, seemed fine, dont need to be perfect.

On removal, right side was wet as hell so really leaning toward debris. With that big ol filter in place, I am surprised. Definitely did not see a 30* cone spray when I ran it prior, just a cloud. We shall see, I ship them out tomorrow. Next is the brake leak issue...

6. vagrant

vagrant GT Reference

Is this the bike that got sprayed with engine degreaser?

7. Dr. Evil

??? I have no idea what you are referring to. Not from me, but was there as story of such that I am missing?

8. vagrant

vagrant GT Reference

On another forum I guess.

9. john zibell

Ask RC if they can supply new o-rings.

10. Dr. Evil

Emailed RC and they told me replacing O rings is standard for their service. That makes it easier. Now, just waiting and will report back with results.

scottmastrocinque likes this.