• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

latest map for 1200S ECU?

ohiorider

Cruisin' Guzzisti
I took delivery of my 1200 Sport in April of 2010. Current mileage is slightly over 34k. I'm curious whether there is a newer map than the one which came with the bike? I have zero issues with the 1200 Sport, seems to pull strong anywhere above 3000rpm, and gets what I consider to be good gas mileage .... in the 43-45mph (US) range. I'm pleased enough with the bike's performance that I won't be reflashing the ECU, and like the exhaust tone with the stock can. Just wondering if Guzzi saw fit to tweak the 1200 Sport ecu map to address areas they viewed as needing improvement?

Bob

Just got around to reading this post so a bit of delay.
I've got a 2007 built 1200 Sport using the 2230BD00 map which is I believe is the earlier one. I checked it using the ducatidiag/ECM editor software against the 2230BD01 which I guess is the later version.
The only difference I can find is the ignition map on the later one has been retarded by upto 40% in the sub 4500rpm area. Why I haven't a clue but mine runs fine with hardly any popping which is more that can be said for my old Euro Breva 1200 with the latest map, which incidently even though it had a different number is identical to 2230BD01.
So I'm reluctant to change it unless someone can convince me otherwise.

davem said:
Just got around to reading this post so a bit of delay.
I've got a 2007 built 1200 Sport using the 2230BD00 map which is I believe is the earlier one. I checked it using the ducatidiag/ECM editor software against the 2230BD01 which I guess is the later version.
The only difference I can find is the ignition map on the later one has been retarded by upto 40% in the sub 4500rpm area. Why I haven't a clue but mine runs fine with hardly any popping which is more that can be said for my old Euro Breva 1200 with the latest map, which incidently even though it had a different number is identical to 2230BD01.
So I'm reluctant to change it unless someone can convince me otherwise.

If you like the way she runs with the current map, then leave it alone.

Dave, the earlier map was woeful between 2500 and 5500 rpm - in fact mine used to ping like hell and then take off smoothly from 5500 rpm.

I rode down to see Pete Roper (work the ride), got him to upgrade to the later map and it was a different bike I rode home on - I went the long way as I had to get used to my "new" bike.

Now I can be in 6th gear at 2000 rpm, WOT the throttle and she just goes, pulls strongly from 3000 rpm, all the way up to where I get nervous about the points on my licence.

OK- stoopid question, so bear with me. I just bought a 1200S. Pops like a bahstid down low. I got the cables and Guzzidiag. Of course, I'll check the TBs and TPS- but that's just a starting point. The bike has a Mistral carbon with the plug pulled- sounds fab. I'm going to get the PCV & O2 opti. I assume this should fatten things up RE popping. My question is how do I download the latest map? Ther are no Guzzi dealers close buy and I don't want to drive a long distance and leave the bike ust so they can download the map. Any way I can do it myself? If I have the dealer do it, what should they charge? is it reasonable to expect them to do it "while you wait?"

Thanks!

boatdetective said:
OK- stoopid question, so bear with me. I just bought a 1200S. Pops like a bahstid down low. I got the cables and Guzzidiag. Of course, I'll check the TBs and TPS- but that's just a starting point. The bike has a Mistral carbon with the plug pulled- sounds fab. I'm going to get the PCV & O2 opti. I assume this should fatten things up RE popping. My question is how do I download the latest map? Ther are no Guzzi dealers close buy and I don't want to drive a long distance and leave the bike ust so they can download the map. Any way I can do it myself? If I have the dealer do it, what should they charge? is it reasonable to expect them to do it "while you wait?"

Thanks!

Just take a ride up to Derry NH. They are right off rt 28. It should only take about 20 minutes to update the map. If you call ahead and schedule the update they should be able to do it while you wait. Too bad there isn't a dealer in Beverly anymore. Freeman's was great but Skip closed up. I never visited the other dealer after Freeman's, but I never got good reports on them.

If you pay ducatidiag 100 euros you can upload a map from their map list. Tony's who has posted here is on there.
Mind you I don't know if anyone with a Guzzi has done it yet and it would probably be cheaper to go to a dealer. It shouldn't take long to upgrade, 1/2 hour labour is plenty.

The popping will be amplified with a loud exhaust and there seems to be no guarantee of removing it whatever you bolt on.

Tony's comment about the old map is strange because my bike isn't like that at all, hence my reluctantance to change. Did Pete Roper set the throttle bodies and TPS at the same time?

davem said:
The popping will be amplified with a loud exhaust and there seems to be no guarantee of removing it whatever you bolt on.
I offer a service and products here that will cure all running issues. With this freeware gathering more and more steam, I feel compelled to state that I have fixed at least one ECU corrupted by this software. Just a fair warning. The bike started fine, ran very poorly.
Also, if my maps show up on any of those freeware sites, I'd appreciate someone letting me know. They are my intellectual property.

As I've have stated it would be better to go to dealer than start uploading maps from ducatidiag. With the current Guzzi maps available it would be difficult to know exactly what you are getting anyway.
At this stage it is at best a handy little tool for setting the TPS and for anyone who wants to start experimenting with the map editor and uploader I would recommend a spare ecu being handy. But it is out there and I'm afraid can't be ignored.

No Dave, he checked them and the balance was spot on, though I think he did reset the TPS as this needs to be done with a new map.

While I do have a DucatiDiag kit, I do not have the uploading software. I have looked at the map and there is a lot of mumbo jumbo there that I don't understand. I take my hat off to Todd who has mastered this well. I am curious, as are others, but I hesitate to rejig the map I have as I am fairly happy with it and the way the bike runs in all conditions.

I use this kit to assist with TPS resetting, when needed. For the princely sum of around $30 Australian dollars (for the right cables), an old laptop, and free software, it's what every home mechanic could use. A round trip (>500 km) to see Pete Roper will take a full day, The only other dealer, I would trust is 80 km from home also. To me it represents a very good investment in a task that doesn't take long and only needs to be done infrequently.

If I am to go further, I would be best getting one of Todd's kits...

I just tested my 07 mapped Sport on the dyno. It puts out very slightly better figures than a Euro Breva 1200 with a 08 (latest) map - 74.44hp and 61.60ft/lbs. Obviously not the same bike but on paper same state of tune etc. So it looks like there is no need to rush out and change the Guzzi map if you are happy with the bike's performance.

Most likely any improvements in the mapping would not be seen on a dyno. They would be in drive-ability and would be noticeable when riding. That is not to say I have any knowledge of differences in the mapping, just that if there ARE differences they would not be shown in peak power on a dyno but rather in the driveability on the road.
The difference you saw was likely just differences due to the different bike/dyno/operator/weather.

And yes, if you are happy with the way your bike runs, don't worry about it.

Back