• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

LED light upgrades for Norge 4v 2008?

Dycokac

Tuned and Synch'ed
I tried searching for any info on upgrading to LEDs, and I must not be using the right keywords.

I've found on the web some links to LED bulbs to replace the halogens with, but I'm much less fluent with what to replace the tail lights and side marker lights.

Anyone have a resource I can look at or something?

Thanks!

Not much point trying to switch over/upgrade to LEDs on your Norge’s projector beam type lighting. LEDs do not make that much of a difference, or necessarily work properly with projector beam type lighting. This was what my findings were, after I bought my Norge last Sept and wanted to do the same.

So, you can improve things by adding auxiliary LED lights, and replace the H1 and H3 bulbs with better bulbs like Sylvania Ultras or similar. Its what I did and the result was s bit better. The Norge’s headlights are pretty good as is.

I added 900 Lumen Fenix Cree LEDs on my Norge, and had them angled at about 45 degrees to light up the ditches/side of the road-as on all my motorcycles, and refer to them as my “Critter Lights”. I’ve struck a Coyote at 120kms and tumbled for 220’, and would rather try to not repeat such a surprise again.

Hope this helps

Attachments

• IMG_8611.jpeg
    IMG_8611.jpeg
    92.6 KB · Views: 10
I didn't figure LED bulbs in the projectors was going to make much of a difference, I've been pleased with the amount of light they throw and I don't spend much time riding at night anyway. Was more thinking about the turn lights and the brake lights. but I'm better off getting a lighted plate frame then?

I didn't figure LED bulbs in the projectors was going to make much of a difference, I've been pleased with the amount of light they throw and I don't spend much time riding at night anyway. Was more thinking about the turn lights and the brake lights. but I'm better off getting a lighted plate frame then?
Do some searching. Folks that have tried to add lights have had some issues. The stock lighting is pretty good so why change?

I find the stock lighting to be very poor. I don't normally ride in the dark but on a recent road trip we did 800 km the first day. The last 1 1/2 hours were in the total dark. The low beams were so bad I was very nervous and switched to high beams as soon as possible. The high beams were OK but only because I was following a buddy on his BMW. I stayed far enough back to keep my high beams on as much as possible. I'm currently shopping for good upgrades. There is a lot of junk and BS in the headlight business.

I find the stock lighting to be very poor. I don't normally ride in the dark but on a recent road trip we did 800 km the first day. The last 1 1/2 hours were in the total dark. The low beams were so bad I was very nervous and switched to high beams as soon as possible. The high beams were OK but only because I was following a buddy on his BMW. I stayed far enough back to keep my high beams on as much as possible. I'm currently shopping for good upgrades. There is a lot of junk and BS in the headlight business.
The only light I need after dark, is the neon one that says "Motel" :D
Raven, a couple of 3 years ago, a fellow named David Booth (Motorcycle Mojo Magazine) did a well researched article about LED up-grades. He came up with a company in the US that offers a quality product. With modern reflectors, it seemed essential that the LED is in the exact same position as the original filament it is replacing for the reflector to work properly. This was not the case with some of the off-shore offerings. Maybe you can find a back-issue or down load the article. Good luck.

did a well researched article about LED up-grades. He came up with a company in the US that offers a quality product.
If it's a drop-in fitment, it was most likely the one we are a vendor for linked below. We can get any product they offer, though we only stock the H4 bulb.

Back