• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Lunch at the Velvet Elvis

Bisbonian

Cruisin' Guzzisti
To celebrate a new job, beautiful weather and a good life in general a few of us decided to go out for a ride this morning. When I initially asked Jesse where he wanted to go he came up with the Bisbee Breakfast Club, fine except that it's only 5 minutes from my house and doesn't give me that much of a ride. We eventually settled on the Velvet Elvis in Patagonia.

We decided to meet up downtown at 0900 so I had to leave a little early to make it up there. It was a nice clear morning so I decided to stop off on the way up and take a few Guzzi pics since I hadn't done any yet.

P8300002.jpg

P8300003.jpg

P8300004.jpg

We're in the middle of the monsoon season here in the "high desert" so we've been getting a bit of rain lately. Actually it's the driest I've seen it in the past couple of years but the Cottonwoods are still green as I come over the San Pedro River.

P8300007.jpg

I get to the meetin place a little early and wait to see who shows up. Jesse rolls in a couple of minutes before 9 with a passenger who's legs are flailing around like a monkey on the back of his KLR. I mention it when they pull up and she says she's fine. We then notice that the passenger pegs aren't down and she's just been holding her feet up to keep them out of the chain.

Morrison pulls up a few minutes later, we hang around a bit to see if anyone else is coming then take off. There's basically 2 ways to Patagonia from Sierra Vista, you can head down the highway and just bop along on the straight roads or you can go across Fort Huachuca and out the West Gate on a route full of elevation and directional changes. We've opted for the interesting route but it's evidently fraught with its own challenges as the Fort has rules regarding motorcycles and gear. Now we all work on Post either as Civilians or Soldiers so this isn't a surprise to anyone, except evidently Jesse's passenger.

We stop at the gate where the guards notice she's wearing some sort of slipper and has just a reflective belt on instead of the mandated vest. Seeing our ride getting delayed in an unacceptable manner before it's really even started Jesse kicks her to the curb and we take off one member lighter.

We pick up our final riders, Travis and Laura as we pass through the Fort and we're off! Somehow I get to lead the pack, probably because I'm the only one who knows where we're going. It makes for tough group photos but I do my best.

P8300013.jpg

P8300016.jpg

We get to the West Gate, which is really out in the boondocks and we're finally back on public roads. Hwy 83 through Sonoita is really not in great shape, there are plenty of potholes and ripples in the pavement but it's the most interesting way to get where we're going.

P8300021.jpg

P8300022.jpg

P8300025.jpg

After awhile we meet up with Hwy 82 and it's mostly a straight shot to Patagonia from here. It's nice to be able to see a ways down the road so I can get some pictures of my riding partners.

P8300028.jpg

We arrive in Patagonia a little early. Velvet Elvis doesn't open until 1130 and it's 1030, stupid Google Maps trying to estimate riding time...

We walk around Patagonia a little and soak up the atmosphere.

Evidently if your camel breaks down in Patagonia they have just the store for you...

P8300029.jpg

The Camel Parts place had a really interesting door, so of course we took pictures of it.

P8300030.jpg

I also liked the rebar Ocotillo they had in the yard. This is one of those things I feel I should be able to make, however I know that mine will come out looking like a bunch of sticks of rebar glued together with chewing gum.

P8300031.jpg

Travis and Laura needed to get going to pick up the kids so we headed back to the bikes for some farewell pictures, the rest of us weren't leaving until the Elvis pizza was eaten.

P8300032.jpg

P8300034.jpg

Jesse, Morrison and I wandered around for a while longer but before we knew it the time was upon us!

P8300035.jpg

They even had a little guy to welcome us in

P8300037.jpg

The menu doesn't have that much on it and if you want you can get just a regular pizza, but why would we ride out for just a couple of pieces of pepperoni?

The gourmet page is where we turned

P8300039.jpg

Myself, I can't resist a pizza with the name of El Sassy so I had to get one of those; I find it's even better if you use a sassy voice when you order it. Morrison went for The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly; but without the bad and the ugly. Jesse told the waiter he'd have the Chef's choice. The waiter just looked at him like a cow looks at an oncoming train...

Jesse says, "no really, bring whatever you want and I'll like it."

I think this was too much pressure for the waiter, he told him he'd get The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly as well.

We sat around waiting for our pizza, snapped a picture of the namesake

P8300041.jpg

Eventually our food came, you can't rush a gourmet pizza.

El Sassy

P8300042.jpg

The GBU

P8300043.jpg

Evidently it looks good to Jesse.

After lunch we rolled back out to the bikes and discussed route plans to get back. Jesse and Morisson decided to go back the way we came, I elected to head back down Hwy 82 to Hwy 80 so I could drive through Tombstone on my way home. I actually cuts quite a bit of mileage off for me not to have to go through the Fort.

Even though the road is rather straight it doesn't mean it's without it's own charm.

P8300044.jpg

P8300046.jpg

P8300051.jpg

I rode through Tombstone but didn't stop at historic Allen Street or anything like that. You know how it is when you live next to something, it just isn't necessarily that enticing anymore.

P8300052.jpg

Cruising along I noticed that my camera battery was about dead, time to be a little pickier with what I'm taking pictures of I guess.

Coming into Bisbee I chose to head up over the divide rather than go through the tunnel, it's much more picturesque up there.

P8300054.jpg

I had to be careful, we had a wildfire up here earlier this year and the monsoon rains have washed a lot of the dirt and rock down the mountainside. But I made it home okay.

P7130280.jpg

Back