• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

MIA map and .gpx/.kml file adaptability

bmwcalculator

Just got it firing!
GT Contributor
Has anyone used the MIA (Moto Guzzi Multi-media platform) on the V85tt and were able to upload a .gpx/.kml file to use through the navigation app portion of this device? Any help, including reference to an older post would be almost as lovely as the V100 Mandelo.

I really don't think it is clever enough for that sadly, it is very limited in what you can do with it, not even offering the same features as Google Maps.

MIA can only be used to navigate you from A to B, it can't be used to travel along a predefined route. ('A' is your current position). It does allow you do download maps so a data connection is not always needed.
I have used the navigator on MIA, but is wasn't as versatile as other satnav's. Accept you don't need your phone strapped to the handlebars, just pop it in your pocket. The turn by turn instructions (with the next turn) are available on the TFT. Very clear instructions.
I use the Scenic.app navigator, designed by a biker. Much more versatile, importing/exporting gpx, create your routes for a tour on your iPad and it transfers to the iPhone. The curvy route option is very interesting, creates a 2/3 hour curvy route from a direct 1 hour direct route. Their is also a circular route generator too! Finds the nearest petrol station too, and much more.
That would be my preference over any other satnav.

I have used the navigator on MIA, but is wasn't as versatile as other satnav's. Accept you don't need your phone strapped to the handlebars, just pop it in your pocket. The turn by turn instructions (with the next turn) are available on the TFT. Very clear instructions.
Just be aware that the Moto Guzzi MIA is very hungry on the phone's battery. I use a dedicated phone for the purpose which is mounted under the seat of my V85TT, and has a connection to the bike's battery.

Better off using Waze, Maps.Me, HereWoGo or a Beeline for navigation.

I use the Scenic.app navigator, designed by a biker. Much more versatile, importing/exporting gpx, create your routes for a tour on your iPad and it transfers to the iPhone. The curvy route option is very interesting, creates a 2/3 hour curvy route from a direct 1 hour direct route. Their is also a circular route generator too! Finds the nearest petrol station too, and much more.
That would be my preference over any other satnav.
I'm looking for a new bike and the v85 tt is the actual favorite. Now I'm diving into details and wonder about the integration of the navigation app to the mia system.
Did I understand correct, that you dont have to use the moto guzzi app to navigate but you can use your favorite navigation app (in my case the kurviger app - yes I'm german) instead? And the integartion works properly, so that the driving/turning orders from the non-guzzi navigation app (eg Scenic.app or kurviger) are visible on the tft-screen of the v85 and also via audio connection to the headset?

You're better off asking the manufacturer of your Kurviver app. I somehow don't like your chances, but asking isn't going to cost you anything.

What I found in the kurviger forum is not quite motivating. But I'm still investigating...
But how about the Scenic.app you are using. Does it work integrated in the guzzi mia System? With driving directions as turning hints on the display of the guzzi?
I also read about Scenic.app having a apple carplay integration. But I understood that guzzi has not, correct? So this is not yet a technology that could be used with the guzzi (neither is android auto).

Back