• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Mille GT Owner in West Virginia

Hi Dave, congrats and welcome to the GT Forum. Your first Guzzi? The Mille fuel tank is among one of my all time favorites.
Charles Town brings back many good smiles in passing through en route to Summit Point to race in the 90s.
Manuals were only in print for your vintage, but you may find some scanned versions using Google. Otherwise, search Guzziology by Dave Richardson. It was available on Amazon last I looked.
Hope you’ll add your info to our Registry linked below. Enjoy.

Sweet bike. Unfortunately the service manual is just a supplement to a G5/Sp1000 book, Parts man and all is in Downloads section.

Howdy, Dave.

What Todd said, ^.

VERY nice machine, and a classic.

You are only about 30 miles from my "Moto Grappa" in Cross Junction, the Other Virginia.

i-JmNvxt6-L.jpg

Actually, it's a wee bit farther if you take the spectacular backroads over to here, especially the brief but wonderful SR 600 from Siler -- a one building, no-sign sort of "town." :giggle: -- over to US 522.

i-FpVrNZ5-L.jpg

Anyway, I mention that as if you have any free time to wander over here most anytime tomorrow, you'll have the opportunity to see two of the finest Guzzi wrenches on the planet don surgical gear and get into the innards of my '98 EV. :clap:

No -- as all here who know me and are rolling their eyes -- I am not one of those, but, instead, will stay out of their way and hand them tools (and, possibly, beer) while they work. :giggle:

[@V700Steve, you'd have a blast. :)]

If you can't get away from work, honey-do's, and other calls of reality, stop by anytime.

Bill

Last edited:
Only issue with the Mille GT is the plastic splitter for the carb cables. I've obtained a Tomaselli 2c throttle and had custom cables made for a friend so the carbs would stay in sync.

I recently obtained a beautiful 89 Mille GT that has been off the road for a long time. Hardest part has been finding resource materials (shop manual and info on rebuilding the carbs).

View attachment 33276
That's a low mileage bike?? The carbs should not need a "rebuild". Pull the float bowls and inspect the jets. The pilot jet is often the culprit after long time storage. It is small, and the lowest jet in the float-bowl. Make sure you can see daylight through it, after cleaning the float-bowl and the bigger main jet. If not , carb cleaner and compressed air (no wires!). What a lovely bike, my G-5 in the 80's was stellar and got me hooked. I'm envious!! Best of luck with your new purchase.
Oh, and a big welcome.
Hovard

Oh Wow! Lucky you. I lusted after the new Mille GT on the sales floor at ProItalia many many year ago. Always wanted one but never could make it happen economically back then. I still think it is a stunningly beautiful motorcycle. If you ever decide you no longer want it, please contact me. I would buy her from you in an instant!

Congratulations and Welcome!

That's a low mileage bike?? The carbs should not need a "rebuild". Pull the float bowls and inspect the jets. The pilot jet is often the culprit after long time storage. It is small, and the lowest jet in the float-bowl. Make sure you can see daylight through it, after cleaning the float-bowl and the bigger main jet. If not , carb cleaner and compressed air (no wires!). What a lovely bike, my G-5 in the 80's was stellar and got me hooked. I'm envious!! Best of luck with your new purchase.
Oh, and a big welcome.
Hovard
It was in storage for a long time. The bike was stored dry but the residual fuel in the float bowls became hard as a rock. The starter jet fused to the bowl and broke apart. I stripped, cleaned and rebuilt them. Both of the fuel inlet banjo fitting dried up and cracked too. Waiting on replacements.

It was in storage for a long time. The bike was stored dry but the residual fuel in the float bowls became hard as a rock. The starter jet fused to the bowl and broke apart. I stripped, cleaned and rebuilt them. Both of the fuel inlet banjo fitting dried up and cracked too. Waiting on replacements.
And yes, only 2400 miles.

Oh Wow! Lucky you. I lusted after the new Mille GT on the sales floor at ProItalia many many year ago. Always wanted one but never could make it happen economically back then. I still think it is a stunningly beautiful motorcycle. If you ever decide you no longer want it, please contact me. I would buy her from you in an instant!

Congratulations and Welcome!
Thanks. I actually got it for free because I’m helping a friend of his get her bike back on the road. I will keep you in mind though.

Howdy, Dave.

What Todd said, ^.

VERY nice machine, and a classic.

You are only about 30 miles from my "Moto Grappa" in Cross Junction, the Other Virginia.

i-JmNvxt6-L.jpg

Actually, it's a wee bit farther if you take the spectacular backroads over to here, especially the brief but wonderful SR 600 from Siler -- a one building, no-sign sort of "town." :giggle: -- over to US 522.

i-FpVrNZ5-L.jpg

Anyway, I mention that as if you have any free time to wander over here most anytime tomorrow, you'll have the opportunity to see two of the finest Guzzi wrenches on the planet don surgical gear and get into the innards of my '98 EV. :clap:

No -- as all here who know me and are rolling their eyes -- I am not one of those, but, instead, will stay out of their way and hand them tools (and, possibly, beer) while they work. :giggle:

[@V700Steve, you'd have a blast. :)]

If you can't get away from work, honey-do's, and other calls of reality, stop by anytime.

Bill
Thanks Bill. I could actually use someone that knows Guzzis. I’m mostly a Harley guy and got this for free for helping a friend get her Harley back on the road.

So far I’ve rebuilt both brake master cylinders and the carbs. Only has 2400 miles on it but been in storage for over 5 years. Still going through it as time permits.

Dave

Hi Dave, congrats and welcome to the GT Forum. Your first Guzzi? The Mille fuel tank is among one of my all time favorites.
Charles Town brings back many good smiles in passing through en route to Summit Point to race in the 90s.
Manuals were only in print for your vintage, but you may find some scanned versions using Google. Otherwise, search Guzziology by Dave Richardson. It was available on Amazon last I looked.
Hope you’ll add your info to our Registry linked below. Enjoy.

Thanks. They are still racing out there. I bought Guzziology on line. It’s quite comprehensive.

MilleDave: I'm even closer than Bill now that US340 has reopened - 16 miles from Charles Town. I run a small independent shop that specializes in older Guzzis and can help with just about anything.

I bought one new in '92 - a black, leftover '89. Great bike that fell victim to nearly total "fleet" reduction during my period of temporary insanity (short unhappy marriage). I've worked on two others.

Back