• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Moto Guzzi V100 Le Mans Concept by Oberdan Bezzi

I…

• Don’t like either the V100 Mandello or this one.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

GTM®

Administrator
Staff member
GT di Razza Pura
Our Italian friend’s take on a Sport version of the V100. I see the fun in the design, but to me it’s a worthless exercise as a model anyone would purchase. Thoughts? Vote above.

307529EF 4089 4D83 8B72 2E60210CDD75 ED13B06D 677C 4CE9 9A57 D5F7C5A78406 25217694 8595 47D0 9E3D A63C41DC971B

They are gorgeous!

No doubt about it. But…

This is a Moto Guzzi model that although it is not one itself, I think falls into the same category as “Cafe Racers”.

Both styles of motorcycles, “Cafe Racer” and “Superbikes” look exciting to most of us. They portray youth, vitality, and speed, however, they also scream out “Uncomfortable as Hell” and “Unrideable for more than a 20 minutes track session”.

It is precisely the exact thoughts that I have for a MG01. Yes, of course, the status of actually owning one would be thrilling, but then what?

I’m racing full blast towards 60. I’m fat and have had numerous body injuries that have led to my physical deterioration. There is absolutely no way I could ever ride that type of motorcycle again without being in extreme pain within 15 minutes.

So alas, it would just be very expensive “motorcycle art” for me.

The other harsh reality is this. The absolutely breathtaking dominate European sport bike, the BMW S1000RR. This thing literally “Bitch-slapped” Ducati right in their face. They never saw it coming.

17EA92B8 6841 471A A965 07BB9B35B037

F2CC2895 84D8 4A5A AE3D B2417FD04334

67944B88 DFBF 48D1 90B9 6F7B8B1102B0

For $16,995, BMW will sell you a 205hp, state of the art, unbridled power with a torque of 83 lb-ft at 11,000 rpm and a torque curve of at least 74 lb-ft over a range of 5,500 to 14,500 rpm.

BMW’s corporate manufacturing muscle gives them the “Economy of scale” advantage at lowest possible production costs.

The Mandello del Lario factory could never produce this type of motorcycle in a way as to make it affordable to mass buyers, nor profitable. They would lose money on each one, which is what happened to the MG01’s, and BMW’s 130hp Boxer HP2. BMW learned the hard and expensive way, that you simply can only squeeze so much juice from a twin cylinder engine, and then, you’re done.

Thank you Todd for the wonderful conceptual artwork though. Great shop wall candy!

Last edited:
It is definitely visually exciting!

My guess is that it's a form over function exercise, meaning it will not perform as admirably as it looks.

I love my V7 Cafe/Racer and wouldn't be afraid to ride this bike on trips less than 200 miles on nice days, even at 68 years of age. Essentially, it would be a frivolous toy for me. But my guess is that it's price point would prohibit me from buying such a toy.

Jason

Styling wise, the V100 Le Mans wins over the BMW, and for me every bike should be shaft drive. But I wouldn't buy one, the ride is more important than the bike. Just my preference!

I would never own a BMW, way over hyped, junk you need a warranty forever. I worked on them and we see all the bad crap. Guzzi's ain't perfect but BETTER than a bmv. I'm not buying anything that is not analog. Don't need a car on 2 wheels, I need a mechanical bike not electro junk.

Indeed, if the the style of the V7 Racer sells , there might be room in the line up for a Liter version ?
The Issue I have with most sport styled bikes is that the engines are ugly lumps they hide behind the body work !
Unlike those that make that engine The focal point of the motor cycle as it was ment it to be !

I love the look of it maybe more than Regular V100, but I’m at “Our” limit :)

Last edited:
I dunno... I've just never been much of a fan of the pointy-looking sportbike genre. But then again, I don't think Ducati has made a beautiful looking bike for years now either, so my opinion may not be worth much. LOL

Personally, if it were to get the Le Mans name, I'd hope to see some resemblance or styling cues taken from the earlier Le Mans models so that the lineage is unmistakable. Ultimately, they need to do what sells, though, and not just satisfy us old heads that like the old bikes.

__Jason

Looking at it from a comparison point of view, there is relatively little plastic other than the “Faring“ and lowers for ducting through the rad.
Then the tank, side covers and tail…
I Like it and as Hippo said with Extra money and no wife there could be one in the garage just to look at !
Hey !
Maybe I can just print out a life size 3D cardboard version :clap:

I dunno... I've just never been much of a fan of the pointy-looking sportbike genre. But then again, I don't think Ducati has made a beautiful looking bike for years now either, so my opinion may not be worth much. LOL

Personally, if it were to get the Le Mans name, I'd hope to see some resemblance or styling cues taken from the earlier Le Mans models so that the lineage is unmistakable. Ultimately, they need to do what sells, though, and not just satisfy us old heads that like the old bikes.

__Jason
_Jason.
IMO there seems to be one or two styling cues reminiscent of earlier Lemans models.

My first thought, when I saw the red and black paintwork, was FINALLY a new Lemans.

That was before my son pointed out the 3 black strips on the front of the tanks that cliched it for me.

The decal on the side panels clinched it for me.

_paul

The art involved with this beautiful sport bike design is undeniable, but 100% an exercise destined to stay on paper. MG would sell maybe 25 or 30 to collectors/geeks with loads of mula. No offense to geeks anywhere. It takes a certain level of decrepitude to appreciate V-twin power (ie, torque) vs horsepower/speed, so no person willing to ride in this position for long will want a V-Twin plant in it. V-4, possibly, but Ducati is already in that position. For me, the V11 LeMans and the Griso are the sirens calling from the rocks.

I've been patiently waiting for a new LeMans for a decade now. The concepts above are pretty, but too much bodywork. Needs to be minimalized some. But a LeMans built on the v100 platform would be beautiful regardless. Hell, a LeMans version in the V7/v8 platform would be beautiful.

a bike like this gets guzzi into the uncomfy position of competing with some very serious machines. I guess you could say the same about the griso... kinda... but the griso had enough character to be its own thing. also, time and performance has moved on.

new griso or V11 or Daytona, sure - aesthetically - but keep the ergos to something I can ride for more than two hours.

actually I think I'm just talking myself into a griso here :D

Why this guy isn’t working for Miguel Galluzi in Pasadena or Italy, I don’t understand. His designs are truly excellent and I am especially fond of the red and black designed one.

Just a thought exercise.
If the panel below the seat on the V100 was blacked out (like the MGS01), would it look a bit 'racier'?
This is a really crude mock up but you get the idea.

IMHO no, but that’s just me…..I’d go the other way and paint the black plastic tank surround in matching red but we’re all different ( thankfully)…c’est la vie 😊

a bike like this gets guzzi into the uncomfy position of competing with some very serious machines. I guess you could say the same about the griso... kinda... but the griso had enough character to be its own thing. also, time and performance has moved on.

new griso or V11 or Daytona, sure - aesthetically - but keep the ergos to something I can ride for more than two hours.

actually I think I'm just talking myself into a griso here :D
I love my 2 valve Griso!
It could have be done by Guzzi as a “Nuevo LeMans”… EA64F10C 74F0 4335 AC85 4226704B48DC
One of the best single rear swing arms I ever rode‼️

Last edited:
Back