• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Nevada State Rally 9/18 - 9/20

mohawkeye

Cruisin' Guzzisti
This year it's at Dayton State Park, near Virginia City.

I wanna go, but I want to sleep in a bed, not in a tent. GuzziBob & SoCalDon already have a room booked at the Sugarloaf Motel in Virginia City.

Anyone want to share a room??? I don't care whether you smoke, and I have earplugs to use against those who snore :p

Mike

FYI, I think the Sugarloaf is a strictly non-smoking motel. We're probably leaving early afternoon Thursday, up 5/99, probably pick up Jamileh along the way, then 49/4 over Ebbets & Monitor Pases with a stop somewhere for the night, back via 88, Carson Pass. No going up/down 395, I'm sick of it, lots more fun going over High Sierra passes instead. Probably back in one day Sunday.

(Correction/addition made 8/15)-Thursday night stop in Visalia, then on per above.)

So, anybody besides us around here actually willing to go further than the nearby racetracks? Cost you only a day or 2 max off from work, for those who still do that.

From what I've heard, no tape needed-should be able to hear you snoring all the way to Virginia City & beyond without any recording or amplification....

Avoiding Homework, looking at maps.
Looks like ton's of great roads from 99 to 395.
What's the master plan?

Hmmm, I'll be still in town. And with a bit of cunning, I could get at least one day off with the weekend.

But not in a position to reserve anything yet.

Don, see my post above, 2nd in this thread, with planned routing-subject to weather, road closures, whatever, as usual, but that's the plan.

Dave, glad to hear you may join. However, I hear there are other groups in Virginia City that weekend, inc a Ferrari club!!, so town is expected to fill up. Suggest you make reservations now. I know Sugarloaf at least will let you cancel without charge as close as 2-3 days ahead. Though in any case there are other motels with comparable rates in this rather small town, and if need be plenty, plenty more rooms approx the same distance away (though nowhere near as pleasant a ride from Dayton) in Carson City, as cheap and cheaper.

kiwi dave wrote:
don't think I can get that far on the Thursday prior, but will fine tune later.

Sure you can, only 190 miles/3 hours MDR to Visalia. Though sure would be a lot easier traffic wise if you could get out of work a little early, hit the road by, say, 2:45-3 at the latest. Or you could go later if you don't mind riding in the dark...

Whatever, glad to have you joining the fun.....

Sorry to say that neither RR nor I can get the time off for that [long] weekend, so I'll be cancelling my reservation at the Sugarloaf tomorrow. If anyone wants this room (adjacent to guzzibob/SoCalDon), pls PM me or post on this thread today so that we can coordinate the reservation change.

Mike

Not all that surprised about RR, but Mike, I am kinda surprised about you. Really, only 1 day, or maybe 1 day plus a couple of hours needed. Oh, well, too bad...

Yeah, I was surprised also. However, to keep milking this easy-money job, there's the odd occasion where I've gotta bend to their requests.

Just made a reservation at the sugarloaf for Fri and Sat; just FYI - they have 3 rooms left.

Currently going from LA: Me, Don, Jamileh, Kiwi Dave, Glenn Morgan (& a non-Guzzi friend of his in Three Rivers), Brian.

Bump to the top in case others might consider. Leaving from LA Thurs aft: me, Don, Brian, Glenn, to Visalia/Threee Rivers Thurs night where we spend the night, pick up Jamileh & Glenn's non-Guzzi friend & go the rest of the way to Virginia City on Friday, mostly via 49/4/89, lots of twisty roads & High Sierra (over 8000') passes. Most of us staying at the Sugarloaf in Virginia City, Glenn at least camping in Dayton at the Rally site.

Kiwi Dave probably coming up from LA early Fri, unless he gets lucky & can get out with the rest of us on Thursday.

We all come back on Sunday, some by 88/49 for more High Sierra passes, some via 395 for reasons of their own. All good.

Forecast looks as good as it gets this time of year-meaning a bit chilly at altitude 1st thing in the morning, otherwise absolutely wonderful.

Back