• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

New 2022 V7 850 - How much vibration is too much vibration?

Update:
Turns out I wasn't crazy. The vibrations continued and then the bike just wouldn't run reliably. Engine would cut out on decel, be hard to start, and would run hot.
Then at ~155 miles on the ODO, the CEL came on. Took it in to the dealership today and they say it's some kind of failed temp sensor. It's on order and then hopefully she runs more sweetly.

In 20+ years of riding, I don't think I've seen a CEL on a motorcycle...and I really didn't expect one from a brand new bike with less than 200 miles on it. I guess this counts as "character"? : )

Update:
Turns out I wasn't crazy. The vibrations continued and then the bike just wouldn't run reliably. Engine would cut out on decel, be hard to start, and would run hot. Then at ~155 miles on the ODO, the CEL came on. Took it in to the dealership today and they say it's some kind of failed temp sensor. It's on order and then hopefully she runs more sweetly. In 20+ years of riding, I don't think I've seen a CEL on a motorcycle...and I really didn't expect one from a brand new bike with less than 200 miles on it. I guess this counts as "character"? : )
Thanks for posting. Stock bikes, even in top shape and set up don't run great compared to one that's been properly kitted. So these types of things are literally impossible to diagnose here or recommend anything. Glad your dealer is getting it sorted.
Please do post again when you get it back. If it's running well for you, see the reviews for our map tool HERE. With this device, you can also read the CEL codes and clear them as well.

Thanks for posting. Stock bikes, even in top shape and set up don't run great compared to one that's been properly kitted. So these types of things are literally impossible to diagnose here or recommend anything. Glad your dealer is getting it sorted.
Please do post again when you get it back. If it's running well for you, see the reviews for our map tool HERE. With this device, you can also read the CEL codes and clear them as well.
Thanks. Does that tool clear the service light as well?

Thanks. Does that tool clear the service light as well?

This is an important topic without a conclusion . It will be very useful for us new to Guzzi if neetones can share the result, did it realy run sweeter after a new temp sensor?

Hi, I have the same vibration problem on my v7 2018. When idling, if I want to see something clearly in the mirrors, I have to grab them with my hand. every start is a little different, sometimes fluctuating, other times smooth with small interruptions. Above 3-3500 rpm it is more or less OK. There is a plan to buy things from Todd, but there is not enough money yet.

This is an important topic without a conclusion . It will be very useful for us new to Guzzi if neetones can share the result, did it realy run sweeter after a new temp sensor?
It definitely helped with the majority of the vibration. I haven't had much time to ride it since the new sensor was installed, though.

I’m getting ready to take my bike in for its first service. On the please check list will include engine noise and vibration above 3,000 rpm. Took it for a 100 km ride yesterday and noticed at most engine speeds above 3K, the tach and Speedo needles were vibrating all of the time. Thought this can’t be good for the gauges. I’ll post what the dealer says / does after the service.

I look forward to that. My guess is they’ll say they all do that and that it needs more miles to smooth out. I think it’s just a shaker - probably something like the clutch out of balance. The problem with single body injection systems is that you can’t balance the throttle bodies independently.

I’m getting ready to take my bike in for its first service. On the please check list will include engine noise and vibration above 3,000 rpm. Took it for a 100 km ride yesterday and noticed at most engine speeds above 3K, the tach and Speedo needles were vibrating all of the time. Thought this can’t be good for the gauges. I’ll post what the dealer says / does after the service.
This topic comes up again, and again, and again and again... Try a search and read here on the why and how to resolve it. In stock trim, you never will. End.

Back