• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

No left hand mirror mount on V7III Stone S..?

Maj Steve Trevor

Cruisin' Guzzisti
GT Contributor
I am thinking of changing out my handlebars for something wider and with more pullback, which I think would mean changing from the stock bar end mirrors on the Stone S to handlebar mounted. But I just notice that, oddly, there is a mirror thread on the right hand control bracket but not on the left hand side. Anyone know why that would be the case? I could see not having mounts on both sides, since the bike comes stock with bar end mirrors, but why only one side?

And in any case, anyone know what part I would need to get a mirror thread mount on the left hand controls? Maybe even just one half of the clamp?

Did you try a web search for "motorcycle handlebar mirror mount" I did and found several.
Yes, there are lots available. In fact today I took half of an old mount I had from my last motorcycle and replaced it, though it has an 8 mm thread rather than a 10 mm thread. Anyway I’ll figure something out, but I am curious as to why only one side has it.

Yes, there are lots available. In fact today I took half of an old mount I had from my last motorcycle and replaced it, though it has an 8 mm thread rather than a 10 mm thread. Anyway I’ll figure something out, but I am curious as to why only one side has it.
Because someone changed it. OEM stock has two mirrors and mounts. I have one or two in stock (part #AP8118349 - $13.20) -- ping me direct email if you want one; Info @ GuzziTech.com
I sell the non-mirror clamp here; https://gtmotocycles.com/products/brembo-no-mirror-clamp

I could see not having mounts on both sides, since the bike comes stock with bar end mirrors, but why only one side?

What? As far as I know, bar end mirrors are never OEM equipment in the USA as they are never going to pass DOT regulations. I could be mistaken but I’m fairly sure.
————————

Well…update…Weird though as I just double-checked the MG lineup and they show the V7III racer with bar end mirrors, but i don’t know if anybody has received that setup new in the USA.

I’m curious to know.

Last edited:
Because someone changed it. OEM stock has two mirrors and mounts. I sell the non-mirror clamp here; https://gtmotocycles.com/products/brembo-no-mirror-clamp -- I have one or two in stock (part #AP8118349 - $13.20) -- ping me direct email if you want one; Info @ GuzziTech.com
Thanks Todd, I'll send you an email to follow up, but just to be clear for others who may also have the Stone S, the NON-mirror mount is what I have on the left hand control and the YES-mirror mount I have on the right control and want to put on the left as well. It's that mismatch that is puzzling to me. And the bike was stock from the Dealer when I bought it. They hadn't even put oil in it yet so I doubt they changed out the mirror mount; must have come from the factory that way.

And @scottmastrocinque , the Stone S does indeed come stock in the US with bar end mirrors. I am not sure if the US Racer does too, but I have to imagine it does if the less racy Stone S does.

Thanks Todd, I'll send you an email to follow up, but just to be clear for others who may also have the Stone S, the NON-mirror mount is what I have on the left hand control and the YES-mirror mount I have on the right control and want to put on the left as well. It's that mismatch that is puzzling to me. And the bike was stock from the Dealer when I bought it. They hadn't even put oil in it yet so I doubt they changed out the mirror mount; must have come from the factory that way.
Welcome, and yes, quite odd that one side had the mirror mount, and one didn't. Oh Italia... :smirk:

And @scottmastrocinque , the Stone S does indeed come stock in the US with bar end mirrors. I am not sure if the US Racer does too, but I have to imagine it does if the less racy Stone S does.

Go figure...no rhyme or reason at all.

Back when we all bought our 2012 Stelvios new, they sent these total POS turn-signal integrated mirrors that shook like end stage Parkinson's disease, and all of us had to spend big bucks to get the European lights for the fairing and a new set of European mirrors without those stupid turn signals in them. At the time, Piaggio's stated reason was that the turn signals didn't meet DOT specifications.

I had been told before that bar end mirror were a particular no-no with the DOT. Guess things do change every now and then. Glad you got it sorted out and thanks for the new info!

Back