• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Norge Power Commander V

Saint Nut

Tuned and Synch'ed
I see that Dynojet is now selling the PCV and AutoTune for the Norge, but they specify that it's for model years 2009 and 2010.

Can anybody educate me as to the differences between the 2009/2010 Norge engine and engine electrics and the earlier model years? I was under the impression that the 2007 and 2008 models were pretty much the same as the later models and would have expected the Norge PCV to be the same for all model years.

Of course, I have a 2007.

How about just order one from me and I'll take care of it... Since it was my 2+ years of R&D with them to make it happen.
wink.png

Does anyone have a serious answer to my question?

To paraphrase, why would a PCV designed for a 2009 Norge not work in a 2008 Norge?

Saint Nut said:
Does anyone have a serious answer to my question? To paraphrase, why would a PCV designed for a 2009 Norge not work in a 2008 Norge?
They are all the same, thanks for the order with me for this reply. $409.95 shipped. Contact me direct.
Also, to clarify... the reason "they" now offer a PC-V for he Norge is because of the immense amount of time I invested with them to bring them to market. TIA for the consideration from purchasing direct from me, as I am not commissioned on sales directly through Dynojet or otherwise.

GT-Rx said:
Saint Nut said:
Does anyone have a serious answer to my question? To paraphrase, why would a PCV designed for a 2009 Norge not work in a 2008 Norge?
They are all the same, thanks for the order with me for this reply. $409.95 shipped. Contact me direct.
Also, to clarify... the reason "they" now offer a PC-V for he Norge is because of the immense amount of time I invested with them to bring them to market. TIA for the consideration from purchasing direct from me, as I am not commissioned on sales directly through Dynojet or otherwise.

Todd, very happy to support (after Comptroller General Kathi approves! :whistle: ) and buy "enhancements" for Norge ... from you. That said, I am mighily confused by this and the "reflashing."

Have read the various threads on this, but that is probably what has confused me!

So ... is there a way you or someone else here can give the "... for Dummies" version of what this v. reflashing, etc., are all about?

I am likely to go for one, but fiscal reality may mean not both, especially if, as practical matter, redundant.

Many thanks.

In ignorance ....

Bill

Bill Hagan said:
So ... is there a way you or someone else here can give the "... for Dummies" version of what this v. reflashing, etc., are all about?
Sure, I'll try it again...

GT-Rx 02-Optimizer: $125 - interfaces stock 02-sensor, dynamically revises fueling below 40% throttle. Stock fueling above 40%.
PC-V (w/02-controller): $399.95 - leaves stock 02-sensor in place, but the controller interfaces the sensor for dynamic fueling "fixes" below 40% throttle. 40% and above is handled statically by the PC-V (which would require a pre-built or custom map). This does not address timing related issues such as pre-detonation (pinging), pop-on-decel or other performance timing tweaks from the;
GT-Rx ECU: $500 - Static revisions, which include stock 02-sensor input delete, revised fueling and timing (for performance, cold start and pre-detonation) for any modifications you have done to your bike. If you change any bolt-on modifications, it would require another re-flash. This (ECU) mod can run stand-alone for drastically better running over stock. Not perfect, but very good. Requires TPS reset by VDST or your local dealer immediately upon re-installation of the ECU.
GT-Rx ECU/PC-V/AT: $1109.90 - Fully dynamic fueling revision for each second the engine is running, from idle to redline, with the power of the (supplied wide-band Bosch 02-sensor w/)AutoTune module coupled with the PC-V (mandatory). User adjustable fueling, and no need to visit the dyno for custom mapping. Any new modifications to the bike can be automatically corrected by AutoTune with a few keystrokes (OK, and often a little input from me.).

That help any?

Back