• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

nuovo acquisition

Late to this gathering, but fun to read.

Kathi even tried to summon interest when I "forced" her to watch the vid. :giggle:

In 2007 or so, I drove from Atlanta where we lived at the time to Hollidaysburg, Pa., to look at a mil-liveried NF that Dr. John. This Dr. John -- Wells, a veterinarian, not The Dr. John, the dentist and Guzzi legend, but a great friend since -- was culling his flock. I chickened out, and regret it to this day.

Bill

My sister, the oldest of us 3, flew into Detroit this last Friday on her way to 2 weeks in Jordan. She had a 8 hour layover so I rescued her from DTW and we went out and about in Dearborn Heights for lunch and sweets.

During our discussion, my flock of motorcycles came into the discussion. As I have heard many times over many years, she couldn’t resist telling me “you can only drive 1 at a time my brother”.

I politely smiled and reminded her that I had cut back from 21 motorcycles when I lived in San Diego, to a fractional 8 here in Ohio.

She groaned and rolled her eyes.

I outstretched my hand as I touched her lovely purse, as repeated to her “you can only carry 1 at a time, Imelda…”. I then deliberately pointed to her matching shoes! (Her purses and shoes collection is in a word…STAGGERING). 😆

She grumbled something under her breath and we switched topics.

Point made…

I say, if you want it, can afford it, and it brings you joy, buy it!

I will continue to acquire other motorcycles in my life…and guitars!

I Hope you got a deal on it ?
ah.... well? I don't know really, I paid $5k cad for it. in this market, that would have bought a V7. probably not a VIII, and not a perfect bike, but a slightly rough VII maybe. that would obviously be a vastly superior motorcycle...

it's certainly the cheapest nuovo falcone I've ever seen for sale in Canada, and it's the only militare model I've ever seen for sale. so, I wanted one, and this was the one - literally - that was available. compared to shipping a bike from Europe, it's an absolute bargain!

ah.... well? I don't know really, I paid $5k cad for it. in this market, that would have bought a V7. probably not a VIII, and not a perfect bike, but a slightly rough VII maybe. that would obviously be a vastly superior motorcycle...

it's certainly the cheapest nuovo falcone I've ever seen for sale in Canada, and it's the only militare model I've ever seen for sale. so, I wanted one, and this was the one - literally - that was available. compared to shipping a bike from Europe, it's an absolute bargain!
I‘d certainly say that’s not bad at all..
Now 10 or 15k … i would have had different expectations :)

My sister, the oldest of us 3, flew into Detroit this last Friday on her way to 2 weeks in Jordan. She had a 8 hour layover so I rescued her from DTW and we went out and about in Dearborn Heights for lunch and sweets.

During our discussion, my flock of motorcycles came into the discussion. As I have heard many times over many years, she couldn’t resist telling me “you can only drive 1 at a time my brother”.

I politely smiled and reminded her that I had cut back from 21 motorcycles when I lived in San Diego, to a fractional 8 here in Ohio.

She groaned and rolled her eyes.

I outstretched my hand as I touched her lovely purse, as repeated to her “you can only carry 1 at a time, Imelda…”. I then deliberately pointed to her matching shoes! (Her purses and shoes collection is in a word…STAGGERING). 😆

She grumbled something under her breath and we switched topics.

Point made…

I say, if you want it, can afford it, and it brings you joy, buy it!

I will continue to acquire other motorcycles in my life…and guitars!
I've been down to one bike for a long time now, my beloved Breva 1100, ever since I changed careers and went through a period of significant poverty building things back up again. for a long time I couldn't even afford insurance or gas, and so I pedaled my bicycle everywhere!

also, that Breva makes justifying another motorcycle really hard, it just does everything so well... unless it's a very silly motorcycle that could never be justified, bypassing the whole issue!

hi guys! long time!

I'll write a longer post when I have time, but for now, behold:

20230510 211611

I've tinkered it into a nicely rideable state :) Certain parts that were damaged or worn (air box, fork shrouds) have been removed while I decide to repair or replace. The transmission is a bit 'inexact', but not too bad once you develop a certain relationship with the machine :) You more or less make 'requests' for a gear, rather than demands :) If you're kind you will have a pleasant, agreeable response, if not... well, we've all had 'significant others' :)

hi guys! long time!
I'll write a longer post when I have time, but for now, behold..
Indeed! Welcome back, and thanks for the update photo. Riding one is fun, try racing one when you've never been on one before. Reverse foot shift and race pattern, left side brake!

Indeed! Welcome back, and thanks for the update photo. Riding one is fun, try racing one when you've never been on one before. Reverse foot shift and race pattern, left side brake!
ha yea I bet, I'm still trying to train my brain to the foot controls, not so easy when I ride the Breva half the time :D

also I have no brake light switch on the front brake, so it's important in traffic to use the rear!

Now that separates the boys from the crazy.... and crazy is good👍
....on the Falcone – Sahara it’s normal shift pattern but right hand side... that helps a little bit compared to what you were racing…

Last edited:
ha yea I bet, I'm still trying to train my brain to the foot controls
It will become second nature to you... when I got on the Benelli SS250 or Falcone, the sound and character / soul induces the switch automatically... everything you do is deliberately... feeling and listening...
It’s alive ‼️
And if you drive it often enough you find even the brake pedal in a panic situation🤞
Just imagine if you would have a heel break as well 🤪
front brake, so it's important in traffic to use the rear!
I always go for both and obviously favoring the front...

I should really do a proper thread on this bike, but I've just fitted a new carburetor from the lovely Paul at 'guzzino.com' - highly recommended if you have something old and Italian.

Jetting can be a big job when the bike in question never had this carburetor...

20230706 191351

And it's idling very nicely!

The old carb was held together with JB weld and prayers. I was very lucky to find a thread about jetting a phbh carb for the NF in a dusty corner of the internet, and so far it seems to be pretty close. When I sort the throttle cable - old one is too short now, the new carb has the slide sitting further inside the body I think - I can get it back out on the road and dial in the jetting.

Lots of little interesting details when you're working on an old bike that's been through a few hands.

20230706 204426

I was wondering why there would be two nuts on this exhaust clamp.

20230706 204613

Turns out, there's not. It's been drilled out to serve as a spacer. If you don't have the right length screw, you do what you have to I suppose.

Is the cable long enough that you can remove some of the outer sheath to give you more inner cable exposed?

Back