• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Off-Road on a V7 iii

markmoser

Just got it firing!
My absolute favourite thing about my V7 iii Milano is its versatility. I made the decision to put some knobby tires on it last year and decided to take it up some local forest service roads and it has handled everything I've thrown at it. I am well aware of my limited ground clearance so I don't do anything above the limits of the bike but honestly I've had a blast riding this bike off-road. You might be asking, "Why didn't you just buy a V85?" and my answer to that is a combination of things, the main being that I am only 5'8" so my legs could barely touch the ground, the price tag of the V7 was much nicer, and I really couldn't beat the styling of this bike. Hands down my favourite looking bike of all time, even after 2 years of owning and riding I still notice styling choices that make it even more perfect. What I want to know is if there is anyone else out there that has tried using the V7 off-road and what their thoughts on it are!

I am also new here so hello everyone! I would love to see your rides if you want to share in the comments!

4B7P1671 Pano 4B7P1687 Pano

Congratulations. It's great that you love it so much. Anything can be ridden off-road with a bit of skill and guts. I had a Vespa 180 SS when I was 14. I road it everywhere before getting a real motocross (TM125).
Do you have previous MX experience? That helps a lot. Steering with the back wheel in a slide using the throttle is not normal for street riding.
I end up riding my Norge on quite a few back roads because of necessity and seems to work OK too. Heavy though.

Interesting idea, V7 III off road. I will have to think on it.
I was initially interested in the V85, but honestly I find it to be very homely and unattractive.
Been keeping my eye out for a Stelvio, when I find that right one, that will become my off road mount.
For the moment though, I may get a set of off road wheels for my V7 III.

My absolute favourite thing about my V7 iii Milano is its versatility. I made the decision to put some knobby tires on it last year and decided to take it up some local forest service roads and it has handled everything I've thrown at it.
Congrats and welcome Mark. I'll be copying this post over to the Registry & Pic thread (with over 380k views!); https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/v7-registry-picture-thread-add-your-bike.9108/ -- tons of pics and related there. Hope you'll add your VIN# to the list.
When your bike was designed by Dr. Lino Tonti, nearly all bikes were "standards" and capable of most everything. In the last few decades, things have gotten massively fragmented with purpose focus. It's the beauty of old world thought and capability, and something you (and many others) are discovering... in addition to it's standard classic looks. Guzzi was/is ahead of their time, and I hope they remain that way. Thanks for the great photos, and welcome to the GT Forum & Guzzi Famiglia. Hope to see you here posting often. Saluti.

Congrats and welcome Mark. I'll be copying this post over to the Registry & Pic thread (with over 380k views!); https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/v7-registry-picture-thread-add-your-bike.9108/ -- tons of pics and related there. Hope you'll add your VIN# to the list.
When your bike was designed by Dr. Lino Tonti, nearly all bikes were "standards" and capable of most everything. In the last few decades, things have gotten massively fragmented with purpose focus. It's the beauty of old world thought and capability, and something you (and many others) are discovering... in addition to it's standard classic looks. Guzzi was/is ahead of their time, and I hope they remain that way. Thanks for the great photos, and welcome to the GT Forum & Guzzi Famiglia. Hope to see you here posting often. Saluti.

I will definitely be adding some more info over there and would love to share more pictures! I am a photographer full time so you can bet I have a ton of nice photos to share with everyone! I can't wait to get more active on these forums and meet all my fellow Guzzi Enthusiasts! Thank you all for the warm welcome!

Congratulations. It's great that you love it so much. Anything can be ridden off-road with a bit of skill and guts. I had a Vespa 180 SS when I was 14. I road it everywhere before getting a real motocross (TM125).
Do you have previous MX experience? That helps a lot. Steering with the back wheel in a slide using the throttle is not normal for street riding.
I end up riding my Norge on quite a few back roads because of necessity and seems to work OK too. Heavy though.
I grew up on dirtbikes ever since my Dad got me my first CRF50 when I was little, so the dirt roads have always been calling me to get back on them. It definitely took a while to get used to throwing around a bigger bike on the dirt but the balance and stability of the Guzzi just makes anything possible.

Interesting idea, V7 III off road. I will have to think on it.
I was initially interested in the V85, but honestly I find it to be very homely and unattractive.
Been keeping my eye out for a Stelvio, when I find that right one, that will become my off road mount.
For the moment though, I may get a set of off road wheels for my V7 III.

It handles it really well, plus a new set of tires is a lot cheaper than getting another bike! And if you really don't like it just throw the road tires back on and get a bike that's more off-road suited!

Back