• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Oil Leak Near Sensor

J.R. Thompson

Just got it firing!
Hey all, recently picked up a 2011 Norge 8V from an estate auction with 7600mi. From what I can tell, it hadn't been run since 2016. Had to do a couple basic things(new battery, new air filter as mice had gotten into it, a couple new rubber fuel lines, etc.) but was able to get it up and running pretty easily. Took it on about a 35mi ride today, and developed a oil leak on the left side. It appears to maybe be coming from near the sensor at the top of the engine. I've seen on here that it seems those can be problematic. Any thoughts? Thanks

Attachments

• oil leak.jpg
    oil leak.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 15
Always try a search before starting a new thread. This is well covered here. Click below and skim...

Yeah, I've already read through a fair number of posts related to oil sensors. It just seemed like a fair bit of oil leakage, so I wasn't sure if people thought that was actually the cause, or something different. Also nice to hear people's thoughts before buying parts. Thanks!

Follow up question..... I was looking at the store linked to here. Found the part, but it's saying that shipping is $27?! Is that right? Seems awfully high for something the size of a spark plug.....

Follow up question..... I was looking at the store linked to here. Found the part, but it's saying that shipping is $27?! Is that right? Seems awfully high for something the size of a spark plug.....

Please - Not everybody is Amazon!

I have realized that shipping charges are not only shipping but also some for packaging and labor to process, package, and do the shipping paperwork and transport for handing off to the shipping company.

Ah, okay got it thanks!

Not trying to be harsh but so often, people expect “Amazon.com” free shipping on just about everything anywhere on the internet.

I get it. I like saving money too.

However, reality is different.

When you haul in 90% of the sales in the internet, and charge $125 a year memberships, they can do that crap.

Jeff Bezos isn’t hurting for cash. The rest of small business, is trying to scratch a living.

I would recommend that you investigate your motorcycle in detail and see if there isn’t more things you might need or want. That makes the shipping, distributed onto more items, less expensive.

By reading the forums for your model, you may discover other things you wish to update or replace.

Hey all, recently picked up a 2011 Norge 8V from an estate auction with 7600mi. From what I can tell, it hadn't been run since 2016. Had to do a couple basic things(new battery, new air filter as mice had gotten into it, a couple new rubber fuel lines, etc.) but was able to get it up and running pretty easily. Took it on about a 35mi ride today, and developed a oil leak on the left side. It appears to maybe be coming from near the sensor at the top of the engine. I've seen on here that it seems those can be problematic. Any thoughts? Thanks

Good morning from the top of the Old Dominion.

Congrats on the new Norge.

Mine first-gen '07 is gone, sigh, but I did love that beast.

I have certainly BTDT WRT the seepy-weepy OPS. You'll sort that out soon enough, but it is (more than) annoying.

In the meantime, I scanned -- and thus may have missed -- in your previous posts the important issue of whether your Norge has been rollerized. If it's an '11 8v, it needs to have done if the PO did not make it happen.

If ever up this, stop in. I am frequently in your AO on two wheels. Lovely riding country.

Bill

Thanks Scott. Seems all I do these days is post links of info there for the reading. I’m just trying to stay in business here, but it’s an uphill battle in a post-COVID world.

Bill above has a very valid point. Read up on Scott’s Q&A in the main section here.

Not trying to be harsh but so often, people expect “Amazon.com” free shipping on just about everything anywhere on the internet.

I get it. I like saving money too.

However, reality is different.

When you haul in 90% of the sales in the internet, and charge $125 a year memberships, they can do that crap.

Jeff Bezos isn’t hurting for cash. The rest of small business, is trying to scratch a living.

I would recommend that you investigate your motorcycle in detail and see if there isn’t more things you might need or want. That makes the shipping, distributed onto more items, less expensive.

By reading the forums for your model, you may discover other things you wish to update or replace.
No I understand. I run my own business, so I know how it goes.

Good morning from the top of the Old Dominion.

Congrats on the new Norge.

Mine first-gen '07 is gone, sigh, but I did love that beast.

I have certainly BTDT WRT the seepy-weepy OPS. You'll sort that out soon enough, but it is (more than) annoying.

In the meantime, I scanned -- and thus may have missed -- in your previous posts the important issue of whether your Norge has been rollerized. If it's an '11 8v, it needs to have done if the PO did not make it happen.

If ever up this, stop in. I am frequently in your AO on two wheels. Lovely riding country.

Bill
Thanks!
I've heard of the issue, but honestly haven't looked into yet. Unfortunately as the previous owner has passed, I can't ask him too easily either. My understanding is that he was a mechanic, so it's possible that has been done, but I'm not holding my breath.

Thanks!
I've heard of the issue, but honestly haven't looked into yet.

From GTM ‘s hyperlink above.

Seems very very reasonable and fair to me. 😃👍👌

“We ship twice a week, typically Tuesday and Thursdays. Note our shipping rates are weight and box size based. If the shipping cost seems high, understand for all products we do not make in house incur costs to get them to us from the manufacturer, then to you. We refund any overages down to actual cost. Purchase and you will see the balance refunded in our system when shipped…”

Back