• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

OK, Best Tyres for Breva 750's ?

motoguzziman

Cruisin' Guzzisti
GT Contributor
OK yes I boobed.
Anyway. my tyre history, 2 Pirelli Sport Demon rears, both about 7000 mi before needing to change.
Last change, due to a long story, I ended up with a Metzler Lazertech Rear, and an Avon AV 55 Storm ST on the front.
I needed a new rear tyre & used Custom Cycle on rte 51 in Genoa Ohio.Yes he is mainly Harley, BUT, He is a Nice Helpful Guy.
So I asked Jim for either the Dunlop Roadsmarts, or the Michelin PR 2.
( That I was supposed to get in Canada, but didnt)
Well Jim told me that I was running a Biased & a Radial, a supposed No NO !
Also, he told me that Neither the Dunlop Roadsmart, NOR the Michellin PR 2 are made small enough to fit the Breva 750.
they go down to 150, and the Breva is 130.
Jim asked if I had had any problems with the Bias & Radial set up, & I said no, not at all, but should I bring the front as well ?
Jim said " Well if you have not had any problems running both types, then there was no point in changing a good tyre"
So we left the front, and he got me another Metzeler Lazertech, and put it on.
So far, So Good. I guess the shop in Canada, either did not know anything about tyres, or just wanted rid of those 2, because they never mentioned anything about one being bias and the other being radial.
Also for anyone interested, so far we have done Toronto to Lansing MI for a great Guzzi Service from Larry , then on to spend some time with mates in Ohio, where we did the tyre change, then went down to Crestview in Florida to see other old shipmates, and we are currently in Clayton New Mexico, still heading west...
Take Care Out There.

(been watching this one in the CARC thread :) )

Since our old GS500 runs the same size wheels and is a similar weight and power I’ve taken copied this from the GS500 wiki
(which seems to have disappeared from stanford.edu :( )

* Performance:
o Pirelli Sport Demon
o Bridgestone BT-45
o Bridgestone BT-090
o Avon AV45/46
* Touring:
o Bridgestone BT020
o Bridgestone BT-92
o Avon AV45/46
o Avon AM51/52
* Budget:
o Avon AM51/52
* Track/Racing:
o Bridgestone BT090

Our 750 came running a BT-45 front and a Pirelli rear. The BT090 looks nice, but I don’t know anyone who has used one. I’ll probably end up going Pirelli, as most people seem to like them.

(and yes it's a shame nobody makes dual compounds in that size as I quite like the pilot road 2's on the 1200 Sport)

Thanks, fast response.
Yes I am touring on, what can only be described as a "Grossly Overloaded" 750 and I have no complaints about the
Pirelli Sport Demon's, other than the rear only gets 7000 miles.
Then, reading the press, all of a sudden, everyone is raving about the Dunlop Roadsmarts, & the Michelin PR2.
But they are not made small enough to fit the Breva 750 wheels.

IMG_0457.jpg

Take Care Out There.

I've been having good luck with BT 45s. 8-10 thousand miles per set. The front doesn't need to be changed, but I just like to replace the front when I need a new rear.

Mal said:
((and yes it's a shame nobody makes dual compounds in that size as I quite like the pilot road 2's on the 1200 Sport)
The Bridgestone BT45R is dual... ;)
look:
bikepics-2010411-full.jpg

So far the Michelin Pilot Activ 's been the most satisfying tire, IMHO.

motoguzziman said:
Yes I am touring on, what can only be described as a "Grossly Overloaded" 750 and I have no complaints about the Pirelli Sport Demon's, other than the rear only gets 7000 miles.

Good to know everyone seems to like Pirelli's and 10,000km is about what I expect from a rear.

Holt said:
So far the Michelin Pilot Activ 's been the most satisfying tire, IMHO.

I like my tires SOFT (I need all the help I can get to keep up :lol:) But it seems that in this size specifications just talk about getting longer wear.

akos27 - impressive getting the 750 to shred that!

Back