• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Power Commander for Late Model Guzzis

Allan

Tuned and Synch'ed
This is from the www.daes-mototec.de web-site. I purchased from them a front fender and brake/clutch levers; the workmanship was top-shelf and past experience tells me that they can be trusted. I will try and get a bit more info from them, in English.

Drehmoment-Kits für alle neuen GUZZI`s

Stufe 1: PowerCommander inkl. passender MAP + BMC-Sportluftfilter + geänderter Luftfilterkastendeckel
Mehr Info hier!

Mehr Drehmoment für GRISO, 1200 Sport, BREVA, STELVIO

NEU: PowerCommander, von uns angepasst und zylinderselektiv mit TuningLink-Software abgestimmt, für alle neueren Guzzi-Modelle (GRISO, BREVA, STELVIO....)

z.B. GRISO 8V bis zu 12 Nm mehr bei ca. 4500 U/min!

Fordern Sie das passende Drehmomentangebot mit Leistungskurve für Ihre Guzzi an!

Sorry about the missing photo; not sure what happened. It is a photo of the PC and of a BMC F-1 air filter (Italian) and airbox spacer for the lid. I sent an e-mail to someone at Daes-Mototec asking for specifics. They show a seperate lisitng for each new model, Stevio, Griso 8V, Breva 1100, etc... . As soon as I hear back from Daes-Mototec I will post a message.

(thread should be moved to the general tech section but no can do myself - not a mod there!)

I think I touched base on this on another thread with a similar heading. The unit on their website is a Rapidbike unit, and does not work for the full range of fueling. There is no Power Commander *yet* for the newer Guzzis.

Todd -

If you look on the web-site you will see photos of a 'Power Commander' and a description of the PC. Hopefully within the next few days I will receive an e-mail from Daes-Mototec detailing what exactly they are offering.

Allan wrote:
If you look on the web-site you will see photos of a 'Power Commander' and a description of the PC. Hopefully within the next few days I will receive an e-mail from Daes-Mototec detailing what exactly they are offering.
I added the pic above Allan, thanks... so it's a bit suspect; It's a PCIIIusb with hand-written lettering, and is not the new PCV. Dynojet told me over a year ago, that getting one to work above the closed-loop portion is easy, but since the 02-sensor regulates most of the low-speed throttling they didn't find it worthy of pursuing for the cost. Dynojet is U.S. based, and is where all of the engineering and product development takes place in Las Vegas, Nevada.

I (finially) heard back from the nice folks at Daes Mototec.
Hallo Allan,

yes, the Power Commander (PC) is our latest news.

We can deliver a PC-kit for the 1200 Sport with BMC-airfilter and modified air box cover.

At the moment we can´t map in the "closed loop" (the closed loop is from 0% - 30% trottle at 0 rpm - 5500 rpm). We can map the PC only outside the closed loop.
Normally this is satisfactory, because the 1200 Sport runs well in closed loop.

The PC can be mapped on every DYNOJET 250 i wiht TuningLink-Software.

Enclosed you´ll find 2 Dynoruns:
1200S,Serie - BMC,Deck.: red line: 1200 Sport original
blue line: 1200 Sport with BMC-airfilter, PC, air box cover modified

1200S,Serie - Norge: red line: 1200 Sport original
blue line: Norge 1200 (the same motor than 1200 Sport), BMC-airfilter,PC, air box
cover modified , cylinder head worked, QuatD-muffler (without cat).

Price PC-Kit: EUR 378,82.excluding tax.

If you have any questions, don´t hesitate to ask.

P.S.: Latest news, now we accept payment with paypal.

Best regards

DÄS Mototec

Allan wrote:
I (finially) heard back from the nice folks at Daes Mototec.
Hallo Allan,

yes, the Power Commander (PC) is our latest news.

We can deliver a PC-kit for the 1200 Sport with BMC-airfilter and modified air box cover.

At the moment we can´t map in the "closed loop" (the closed loop is from 0% - 30% trottle at 0 rpm - 5500 rpm). We can map the PC only outside the closed loop.
Normally this is satisfactory, because the 1200 Sport runs well in closed loop.

The PC can be mapped on every DYNOJET 250 i wiht TuningLink-Software.

Enclosed you´ll find 2 Dynoruns:
1200S,Serie - BMC,Deck.: red line: 1200 Sport original
blue line: 1200 Sport with BMC-airfilter, PC, air box cover modified

1200S,Serie - Norge: red line: 1200 Sport original
blue line: Norge 1200 (the same motor than 1200 Sport), BMC-airfilter,PC, air box
cover modified , cylinder head worked, QuatD-muffler (without cat).

Price PC-Kit: EUR 378,82.excluding tax.

If you have any questions, don´t hesitate to ask.

P.S.: Latest news, now we accept payment with paypal.

Best regards

DÄS Mototec

So why bother is the question, my Norge rarely sees above 5500 rpm.

draidt wrote:
So why bother is the question, my Norge rarely sees above 5500 rpm.[/quote]

Because not everybody rides their bike like you do obviously. While any and all of my Guzzis, (with the exception of my Convert for obvious reasons.) probably spend *most* of their time below 6,000 they spend substantial amounts of time at large throttle openings at lower RPM and between 5,500 and 8,000. sometimes I even hit the rev limiter but its rare. The 8V motor particularly has a lot more potential but its breathing and fueling is heavily constricted. I have no desire for more outright speed but more torque, especially at the bottom end, would be very nice. To get that I need to have some sort of map-modifier. Hence the desire for the PCV. I'm not alone here either.

Pete

Mike.C wrote:
And with the PCV on the horizon seems like a waste of money to me.

Yes, I should have qualified my statement in that it would not be of any use to me , I would be very interested in the performance increase In the RPM range that I ride in that the PCV is purported to offer.

draidt wrote:
Mike.C wrote:
And with the PCV on the horizon seems like a waste of money to me.

Yes, I should have qualified my statement in that it would not be of any use to me , I would be very interested in the performance increase In the RPM range that I ride in that the PCV is purported to offer.

I posted the link as information only. I wasn't able to post the dyno charts but what they show is an increae in hp of only a few but a sizable jump in torque. This appeals to me, and the price is fair if it wasn't so costly to have the pieces shipped to the US. I too will wait for the new PCV but it has been more then a year since we were first enticed and it could well be another year. Certainly it is nice to know there are options out there. Unfortunately, if you reside in the States, accessibility is a barrier.

Since Power Commander is a US company, if you wanted a PC3 (probably from a Ducati, maybe from a V11 with a different plug) you need not go to Europe. You could buy one from the US. But since the Griso spends most of the time in closed loop (and that is where it needs the most help), you would not see too much rideability improvement from this. I too await the PCV.

0-5500rpm, that's were many of us are most of the time, but according to the email quoted, that doesn't mean we're all the time in closed loop! As soon as you open the throttle for 30% or more, you're in open loop!

Dyno charts posted below sent to me by Daes-Mototec. The torque numbers are in Newton meters so I converted them to Pounds foot. On a 1200 Sport with no modification other then the PC, air filter and filter lid: at 3,500 rpm a 5 lb ft torque improvement. At 4,000 a 9 lbs ft gain and between 5,200 & 5,800 a 5 lbs ft increase in torque. Horsepower from stock to modified, at peak, there was a small 2 hp gain but from 3,500 – 6,000 a solid 5 -7 horsepower increase.

My own 1200 Sport has a Quat-D carbon can, same as Daes-Mototec used on the Norge which shows a 4 hp gain at max rpm and a 7 ½ lbs ft at max torque rpm. What I really liked was the 14.6 lbs ft of torque increase @ 4,000 rpm.

In dollars (today) the cost would be 523 bucks for the modified PC, air filter and air box lid. Add another 50 bucks for shipping and I think this is a pretty fair price. If I thought I would have to wait another year for the latest version PCV then I would/will probably purchase this set-up from Daes-Mototec.

1200S_BMC_PC.jpg

1200S_Norge_Increase.jpg

I doubt the system goes open loop at 30% throttle, but I could be wrong. My Griso certainly seems to switch at a later throttle opening. But the Grisos fueling, at least on my bike, is fine in open loop. It's in closed loop, where the O2 sensor is leaning the mixture out to 14.7:1 where the bike has issues. I can feel it smooth out when it switches to open loop and richens up. It is in closed loop where the mixture is too lean for proper power and response.
And dyno charts mean little, especially when they are from the party that is selling something. It is so easy to make a dyno say what you want it to say that a company posting it's own dyno charts is meaningless.
That said, good luck. If DynoJet thought it was worth doing and putting their name on it they would have. From what I understand from RacerX they tried it and were not satisfied with the results.

I have decided to purchase the Daes-Mototec "PC kit" as I would be surprised if DynoJet had the "new" PCV available for Moto Guzzi's within a years time. I am purchasing the kit minus the BMC air filter as the filters are readily available; it brings the price down to about 450 bucks, and less shipping costs, and I think this is a very reasonable price to pay for a PC tuned for my needs. What impressed me is that the folks at Daes-Mototec will take the time to make the best map possible using my exhaust system and fuel that we use in the US. Below is a letter I received from them. Even if it all turns to naught I will at least be able to provide this 'Forum' with some empiriical data.

Hallo Allan,

please be a little patient. Because Roland wants to speak with the technical service from Moto Guzzi, what is the different
between european and american Moto Guzzis. They are closed at the time

Then he wants to make a map on our 1200 Sport with the fuel you use that it is perfect for your bike.

Please can you answer this questions:
- Do you have a bike with ABS or not?
- Can you send us a photo from your Quat-D-silencer?
- can you also send us a photo from the cat of the silencer (I think it sticks in the tube at the frontside of the silencer)??

We hope this makes not to much circumstances for you??

As soon as possible we give you the answer.

Best regards and a happy, healthy and lucky new year

Gisela Máté

DÄS Mototec

Back