• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Power commander for Nevada 750

Bobcat

Tuned and Synch'ed
Has anyone used a power commander on a nevada 750? I'm considering buying one but have heard that it doesn't make all much difference in the bikes performance. I'm a little lost on how to use it also. Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.

Hi Ann, I have a write-up on them HERE.

I haven't installed any on a Nevada (yet), but I do have a dozen+ running around on Breva 750s. Why are you thinking of putting one on? Is your bike stock?

The Breva/Nevada 750 uses an 02-sensor, and the PCIII can be installed using their 02-sensor controller (mandatory) and/or you can run one just for higher throttle settings without the 02-controller (contact me for details).

Basically, you install the PCIII (one OEM plug, snap-in), same as the 02-controller, and with a proper fuel map... your Nevada will run cooler, smoother and throttle better. The downside is fuel mileage, as the PCIII will lower your fuel consumption on a stock bike, as they have them fueling VERY lean. If you've added an aftermarket exhaust, I recommend one.

If you purchase one from me/GuzziTech, I will load the proper map in for you so it is plug-in and go. Find it HERE.

Feel free to reach me direct as well; Todd at GuzziTech.com

Thanks for the information Todd. Yes my bike is stock no after market pipes it's just as it was when I rolled off the show room show. It does pop a bit on decleration and thought that maybe a power commander would help cure this. How much will it affect my gas milage? Any idea? If it improves it's performace I willing to sacrifice some fuel. Not that I'm not happy with it's performance it rocks my world:)

Pop on decel I can cure with a PCIII. From memory, if you're getting in the mid-to-upper 50's MPG, then the PCIII will drop it about 5~10 MPG or so, depending on how you ride.
I can increase the mileage somewhat, but the motor is happiest with the PCIII as shipped.

What you will also be thrilled with is how much smoother the engine runs.

Other questions?

I added a PwrCmder to my Breva after I had new pipes already installed. It was custom mapped and added 7 HP.

I have tried to attach a PDF of the result. It was definately worth it. I get between 40 to42 MPG on average, prior got around 48.

Russ, the improvement is amazing. 18% for just a pwr commander!

Thanks for giving us your results. A dyno page is worth a hundred "seat of the pants" reviews. It gives me something to think about.

Joe

hey Todd - what about for the V7C?

I'm thinking hard about getting one though I'd like to get as many ponies as I reasonably can out of one...

In Oz they make Staintunes, reputable long standing company - I have them on my '82 LM III and they claim 3hp gain on the V7C :cheer: don't look too bad either

Moto_Guzzi_V7_Classic_stonewall.jpg

/snip
Performance: The Moto Guzzi V7 Classic gained 3hp by fitting the Staintune mufflers. The biggest improvement was noticed in torque from 3000rpm to 5000rpm, making the bike far more responsive and a pleasure to ride.

Weight Savings: There is an overall 2.6Kg weight saving by fitting the Staintune reverse cones.

Finish: The twin reverse cone mufflers are in Staintune’s famous mirror polish finish.

Noise Emissions:

Standard: 91dba @ 3400rpm
Staintune mufflers: 94dba @ 3400rpm
/snip from http://www.staintune.com.au/exhausts/mo ... lassic.htm

sound is here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIgFHIQX ... re=related

So I imagine a PCMIII needs to be dynatuned with these pipes on..

Power Commander came up recently in a conversation with ... well, I won't say who, but he said it would probably help my stock 2007 Breva 750 (now only 1,600 miles on it).

My symptoms are surging around 2,400 rpm, like it's alternately starving, then not. And at 3,100 rpm I get a rattle (especially cold) that is not the nicely adjusted valves (may not be related at all). And it is cold blooded. Even after running at idle for 2-3 minutes it usually stalls the first time I start off. I need to hold the enricher on and crack the throttle to get her to go.

I was told the stock program is designed to run lean at idle and ~2,500 rpm to meet EPA emission regs.

I am not getting much better than 49-49 mpg and (knock on wood) she is using no oil. Dealer thought I should get 50+ (he has older (carbureted? version.)

Oh, and my buddy's stock 2008 650 KLR leaves me in the dust in a roll on. (Well, he did richen the KLR's pilot screw 3/4 of a turn..)

That last part is the real kicker for me, having a 650 single leave an Italian v-twin in tailpipe smoke....

What could I expect of the Breva with a PC and how much would it cost?

Thanks,

Jesse

Jesse,

What you could expect in HP incease I put in the earlier post but I would expect you also need to change the pipes. The stock pipes have built in cats which restrict the output and riching up the mixture could also cause them to run hotter. I have had surging problems even after the pwrcmd was installed between 3500 an 4000 rpm which went away after 3 seperate WOT runs. Dealer could not find it cause the problem would come an go. The was over 6,000 miles ago and has never come back. I also had idle issues but adjusting the idle & air screws that fixed that issue.

I also had a issue with the throttle bodies sticking, once they cleaned those and they reset idle & air mix screws it purr'd nicely.

I have since also added a BMC airFilter. Overall the rollon performance is much better since all the mods. I would recommend pipes and a PCIII as a must have for this bike (Breva, V7C, or Nevada).

Russ

Has anyone ever tried a FATDUC 02 manipulator on a 750. I am thinking of trying one on my Breva 750.

Back