• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Project Norge

saswoi

Just got it firing!
GT Contributor
Looking for some guidance guys. In the process of modifying my 2014 Norge. Have installed a Mistral x over and muffler. Now I'm making the modifications to the air box. (The cnc plate is no longer available so this is what I've done to the top of the air box. I will be ordering the PC6 and the new o2 sensors and the new map. My questions are what is the sensor highlighted? Will this work?
Where do I mount the PC^ module?

I appreciate any suggestion regarding the project. Doing all my own work as the dealership is 600 miles away, I live in Prince Albert Saskatchewan Canada.

Attachments

• 20221023_Norge.jpg
    20221023_Norge.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 26
Air temperature sensor for the intake air temperature, but not the temperature displayed on the dash.

You do realize that you have just made your motorcycle a 100% dry weather only motorcycle?

You will suck water right into your intake and engine, with any rain.

Washing it will also now require you covering that up with something to prevent water getting in there.

Isn't the cnc plate almost the same thing? the plate is no longer available and its almost the same thing!!

Regardless, this is what you now have.

Be aware of what you have done. You don’t want water being sucked in there.

You misunderstand.

Everybody here seems so hellbent on destroying their air boxes in pursuit of some perceived benefit.

All things in motorcycling, cut both ways. The ramifications of what you have done is that water is no longer prevented from being sucked into the intake manifold.

This makes your motorcycle a fair weather motorcycle only now.

I just wanted you to understand this fact after you hacked your airbox apart.

If you live or ride in a mostly dry climate, no worries.

If you live in England, this will most certainly be problematic.

That looks like it's doing the same thing as Todd's ring. Basically open just holding everything in place. I'm familiar w/Todd's ring w/insalation of the PC & Autotune. Leave sensor in stock area and should be fine in my opinion.
The PC & Autotune goes in under seat. I have put them in the tail compartment after yanking the EPA crap out.
That stuff will make your bike a monster & lots of fun. Todd sell pipes too.

Be carefull of the foam under tank IT COMES OFF AND WILL BE SUCKED IN>I replace w/Aprillia RSV older 990 motor underlament, reflective insulation type.

Last edited:
Thank you very much for the comments. I appreciate it. The foam will be coming off so no worries there. As for all the Evap stuff! Do I just plug the hoses with stoppers? I searched the forum for the information and haven't found much. I have the Mistral x-over and muffler on it now.

I updated the GTM lid thread;

PC6 Installation PDF linked below.

Attachments

• IPC6-26001.pdf
    387.2 KB · Views: 5
For EVAP can removal, there are many threads on this back to 07', do a search is best.

Disconnect it all back to tank, only thing to plug it a T between TB's.

My air box is wide open on my Breva - looks very similar to what you have done......well not really, but it does have a big hole straight down the middle (GTM CNC model). I have run through days of continuous rain, bike runs fine. On occasion I have even washed it, runs fine . Bike just runs fine with Todd's offerings. The closest I come to covering it up is when I clip my tank bag onto the tank.

Second what Steve stated, cleanup the foam or it all comes off straight into filter. This winter the Stelvio will be getting the fueling make over and I will be opening the airbox up. First rule, make it breath.

First rule, make it breath.

Airboxes are first and foremost, about SMOOTHING out air turbulence of the air moving through the intake system. They are all, Helmholtz resonators and their function is to establish and maintain resonance.

(Didn’t you ever wonder why velocity stacks were designed and used? Yes, they INCREASE AIR FLOW but more importantly, they SMOOTH out airflow. It’s not my opinion. It’s the physics and engineering used in designing these things.)

F599FE70 91C4 4834 A0F5 28440DACD675

9346BDAE 4912 4491 BCBE BC0386787752

The secondary function of an airbox is particulate trapping, dirt, dust, moisture.

Some of you act as if you think I know nothing about Todd’s fueling setup.

I’ve had the full GTM system (including the airbox lid modification) on my Stelvio NTX for 10+ years now. I have written extensively extolling it’s virtues. It’s an amazing transformation.

However, if you think that these 2 images, are even remotely similar, you look but you don’t see.

9BC61628 243C 460B 88CE 01303CEA8749

20221023 Norge

Even Todd wrote just recently:

Will do. Image and dyno graph updated on the first post of this thread. You can cut the lid open, though air flow is less turbulent via a bell mouth inlet like the lid shown. For those wanting this mod with the fuel kit, I’ll try and get some done.

As I said, everything in motorcycle design, is a two-edged sword that can cut both ways.

There is a right way and a wrong way of doing things.

Todd developed a complete solution to adaptive fueling and it’s a fantastic SYSTEM. Each component works in concert with the other components.

If it were just as easy as “let it breath” then removing every airbox from every motorcycle would literally make every motorcycle run better and more powerful because god knows that those pesky engineers just deliberately choke motorcycles with all that airbox nonsense.

Hell, everybody knows K&N will tell you how they give you a free 10-15 horsepower gain just from switching to their “less restrictive” air filters.

What total bullshit is that!

Look, the gentleman has done the deed. It’s his motorcycle and he may do as he wishes.

The reality is that what he thinks he is getting in terms of “gains”, will not stand up to rigid scrutiny. Don’t believe me? Dyno your motorcycle with your airbox installed, then just yank the lid (effectively the same as cutting the top off like this gentleman, and see what the Dyno tells you. I’ll bet you hard money, your open airbox numbers will be LOWER than your stock airbox numbers.

Just destroying your airbox will not give you anything appreciable in gains but it will subject you to the myriad of negatives of this path.

Last edited:
Since the cnc plate is no longer available and it would be very difficult for me to make one myself I thought this would be my best choice to let the bike breath with Todds new fuel map in place. I do have a new Mistral xover and the muffler installed. I have read all the information regarding modifications. My question is this would Todds new map work better with the stock air box? Thanks

Any possibility to getting the blueprint for that top plate? Have a local guy here that would make me one on his cnc machine.

Back