• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Q for tall V7 C riders

Keith Broughton

Tuned and Synch'ed
I find the V7 a bit uncomfortable and just installed 1" lowered foot pegs but still not feeling the love.
Legs are still a bit scrunched up.
Considering rear sets with the 1.5 length solo seat and flat bars.
It just looks like the rearsets are not all that much lower but they are about 5" back.
Before I spend the best part of a grand, I would like some user opinions.

My suggestion is to try raising the seat. Worked for me on my 1100 Breva. Another way is to trade the V7 for a Stelvio.

I'm 6'2". I had a Racer and now have a Special. The Racer was definitely more comfortable for me. I'll be putting rearsets and clip-ons on my Special.

I'm 6'2"...it was an issue until I installed the Airhawk, which got me up about 1/2 an inch or so. My Bonneville I went with a thicker seat and then a kit that lowered the pegs 1 inch and moved them forward 1 inch.

I've heard bikes are designed for people about 5'10", which is short for the average American. I find most of these young kids these days are taller then me. I'm no longer the tallest guy in the room. Could have shrunk, who knows.

Could you get a better posture by installing different handlebars that would reduce your scrunch? Maybe a more upright position could mask the leg cramping.

I'm thinking the seat mod is going to be a workable and affordable solution.
Some experimenting is in order.

I'll be offering a few options for Guzzi riders only over the next few months.
The prototypes have passed the QC and durability tests real well.

Looking forward to what you have to offer.
It's not like I can ride much over the next few months so I can wait. :)

I'm taking stock seats apart and then:
An anti-vibe waffle gel (NOT the cheap junk sold all over the internet but a very high grade product that goes on the bottom of the seat pan), then different foams (there is SO much to learn here and it's been quite a journey) based on rider weight, and then the top.
Profiles remain stock-I don't vary the width or general shape of the seat-but adding height is doable. Finally, the top is given a ice decoration-either Italian flag colors as an accent or a Guzzi logo of some sort-and then a leathe/alacantara/carbon fiber top.
I'll have some pictures soon.

I took my stock Stone seat and after the internals were completed I got rid of the passenger hump to make the seat flat all the way from front to back. This greatly increased comfort as it lets me slide up and back as needed to vary pressure points-which is key for long term comfort over 100's of miles.

I won't be a "do-all" seat maker. I'll modify seats for those who want a (mostly) stock profile with increased comfort and a bit of style.

Back