• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

rear brake problem

No. It is exactly the opposite. You will actually increase the maximum pressure.

It practical application though, you will never notice any difference.

The only issue may be the brake line.

I believe it should fit but it may not. Just check it carefully.

Last edited:
good idea, but smaller cylinder would not give less braking power?
As Scott pointed out, the smaller piston will result in less applied force to achieve the same braking "power".

But the smaller bore MC will result in more brake lever travel, so make sure you have adequate clearance for this additional travel.

Jason.

It’s the rear brake. Travel is not really an issue. I’m positive he will be able to lock up the rear wheel if he so desired.

PS 13 B cylinder is on the way. I will make photos of the replacement and tell the results. I might change the pads also from SA to LA (Brembo), it says the friction coeff with these pads are 0,7-0,8 (it increases with the temperature) while the SA is below 0,6 (temp. independent). It seems to me a good improvement.

Well, story is happy ended.
I tell the whole from the beginning.
So I went for a training course and during the excersises the rear brake went off(after excessive usage), then back after a while,
when it cooled down.
I thought it was the time for brake fluid replacement.
I took the bike to a mechanic for the job and when he wanted to bleed the rear brake,
no brake fluid nor air came at the rear brake.
It looked like the master cylinder able to push the brake fluid to the ABS module, so
the mechanic thought the ABS module faulty.
So then I took off the module and sent for repair, but the repair shop told the module was in working order.
That was the moment when I came to this forum for help.
Upon Scott's advice I disassembled the master cylinder, cleaned well and after the cleaning the
cylinder was able to push the brake fluid to the rear brake, but still I was not able to bleed, no air were coming,
but the brake lever was damn soft and the brake did not work.
Then I decided to buy a rebuild kit, but it turned out soon that there is no rebuild kit for this cyinder.
The only way was to order a new. You can go for the OEM cylinder or the universal , I ordered the universal,
not because it was cheaper but the lead time was less.
The universal cylinder is PS 13 B.
The only thing I had to pry out the original fitting and put it in the new cylinder. See the photo, the upper the new cylinder.
Okay , I thought this is the way, but when I wanted to bleed the brake, nothing. No air were coming from the bleeding nipple only brake fluid and the brake was soft...
So I felt kinda stucked.
Then with anger I started pumping the brake lever, and turned the bleeding screw under pressure not only quarter turn but half or more.
I pumped the lever 10 times, then turned abruptly the bleeding nipple half turn or more .
After the 3rd or 4th attempt a big bubble of air were visible in the attached pipe!!
That was really promising so I went on, as long as no air bubbles were coming.
Then the brake felt really sharp.
I think if I had done the bleeding process the same way with the cleaned cylinder as I did with the new cylinder the old cylinder would have worked also.
Nevertheless I am happy with the result, the lesson learned, when bleeding the brakes, the bleeding nipple should be turned sudden and at least half a turn.
I hope I could help someone with this experience.

Back