• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

rentals in LA

Aaronmedick

Tuned and Synch'ed
Hi guys,
I'm fly into LA on wednesday. I'm jonsing for a day or two of riding. I've been snowed in NYC for to long. Does anyone now where i can rent a motorcycle? Guzzi if possible. I know about eagle rider, wondering if there is any other options. I'm flying into LAX and staying in Los Feliz, I think. Is there anything going on sunday the 22. Can I tag along? I'm in town from the 18- to the 23. Sunday is the best day for me.

Hey Aaron, look forward to meeting you/showing you around next weekend. No Guzzi rentals per se, but perhaps we can find you one to ride from the locals. Hopefully they'll sound off here, or PM me direct. Rich Rod & GuzziBob will be within earshot of you while you're in Los Feliz.

What time do you land on the 18th?

Since you are staying over in Los Feliz area, got to wonder why you are flying in via the LAX hell hole on opposite side of town. Probably too late to do anything about it, but Jet Blue flies JFK direct to/from Burbank airport, a MUCH nicer & logistically easier place than LAX unless you just have to be over on the west side, & generally at very good prices. I would definitely be available for some local rides in that period, assuming weather cooperates. Right now looking really good 18-20, not so good after that.

Thanks for the fast reply. That would be great. I land at 4:30pm. I leave at 8am monday. I have an event on saturday in the evening. I have to do some work on thursday and friday.

The price to fly in to LAX was by far the best. Another reason is I usually stay with my buddy in Venice. At this point, I'll rent a bike for saturday and sunday if anyone what's to go for a ride. If anyone is available to ride PM me, so we can exchange contact info.

if you stay in Los Feliz on Saturday and Sunday that is at most 7 miles from me. not sure if I have time on saturday but sunday I can do. keep me posted.

Hi all. Thanks for getting in touch.

I'm going to wait to see what the weather is going to be like next weekend. if it looks good, I'll pick a bike up friday afternoon.

From what I've read, the rain is supposed to end by Wednesday; however, the mountains I like to ride will still have snow by the weekend, as it's not supposed to get too warm. But, then again, I'm pretty much a fair weather rider, and I'm sure that many of the guys on the SW regional forum are much more hearty than I. Hope you have a great time and a great ride.

I made it safe and sound. I'm in the hills near gower and franklin not los feliz. the weather looks good for the weekend, I'm going to pick a bike up saturday. Ducati 848 or BMWf800st, thoughts?

You might get laughed at by the local Duc/Beemer crowd riding with Guzzisti, but if you like to go fast, you'll have a good time.

w

Well, I have only found Harleys, BMW, Ducatis, or Rice rockets for rent. The first and last are out for me. The BMW F800st is the most interesting, but I have to pick up and drop it off in Long Beach. The Duc rental place is around the corner from my freinds place in Venice. I know the BMW is comfortable. I have never been on a Duc that I could describe as comfortable. The BMW is also half the price of the Duc.

Welcome Aaron. The 848 is the Sportbike, yes? Unless you really want to knee drag, I'd say no thanks; Get the BMW.
Come on over to the Santa Monicas on Saturday. Post again if it's a go.

right on frankland a couple st down from you theirs a cafa/ bar called birds check it out 4 lunch or dinner good food preaty grils

RacerX wrote:
Get the BMW.
Come on over to the Santa Monicas on Saturday. Post again if it's a go.[/quote]

Plus 1 to the above. A common meeting spot for the local Guzzisti is the Starbucks at Topanga Canyon & Ventura Blvd, right next to the Topanga Canyon exit off the 101 freeway. From Long Beach, 405 north to 101 north, exit Topanga Canyon south, take a left in to the shopping center at the lights just before you get to Ventura Blvd, Starbucks is right there. Approx 45 miles, 45-60 minutes depending on traffic-unless it's real bad. Pick a time based on when you can get the bike. After playing oin the Santa Monicas for as long as you want, just take the 101 all the way back to Hollywood Hills where you apparantly are situated.

Weather looks real good for Saturday, not so good but still acceptable (prob no rain) Sunday. Given all the rain, don't be surprised it there is a lot of trash on the mountain/canyon roads, ride accordingly. I'm available both days, be happy to meet you at the Starbucks Saturday, at or near where you are staying (near me in Burbank) Sunday.

Ok, Saturday is good. I plan on picking the bike up saturday morning at 9am in Long beach. So, 10-10:30 in santa monica works for me. I have to be back in Hollywood by 3pm saturday.

10-10:30 in Santa Monica? Or at the Starbucks just off the 101 I was talking about-which is in Woodland Hills, other side of the "Santa Monica Mountains" from Santa Monica. If in Santa Monica, where in Santa Monica? When Todd (racer X) or I refer to "the Santa Monicas,) we mean the "Santa Monica Mountains", not the city of Santa Monica.

Aaron, if you have to be back in Hollywood by 3, perhaps best to wait to ride until Sunday. If you want to sample the Santa Monicas... from Long Beach; 405 North to 10 West which turns into PCH (Pacific Coast Hwy)... enjoy the ride for the next 10 miles or so, and hang a right on Las Flores Canyon. Come up to the top, and you'll be near my house. I'll chat with you more tomorrow on it.

As Bob says, the weather earlier this week has brought quite a bit of debris on the canyon roads. So beware in your travels.

Post your thoughts from there.

Saturday looks a lot nicer than Sunday from the forecasts I see. Aaron could I suppose come up from PCH/Los Flores to Todd's place, rather than meeting me & Mike at the Topanga Starbucks, though I gather that means he'll do that ride on his own, & I thought he was looking for people to ride with. Todd, you actually riding, or just looking for house guests? If the latter, I think it makes more sense for Aaron to meet Mike & me at the Starbucks, come in from that direction. Aaron, you really gotta be back in Hollywood by 3PM? If so, figure an hour or so, depending on traffic, from the Rock Store or thereabouts (you can ask Todd about that.), taking freeway.

Sure, the starbucks is good. I do have to be back by 3pm. I have to shower, put on a Tux and head to the SOC event. It starts at 5pm. Highways are fine with me if i need to get some where fast. If you want to put it off until sunday that is fine too. If no one is around sunday to ride I will probalby head north on the 101 and have lunch in San Jaun Bastista. I won't be able to check this tomorrow, so email directly. aaronmedick(at)mac.com. I will try to check in the morning before I head out.

Back