• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Replacing V7 Stone Clutch Lever

wolf_larsen

Just got it firing!
Hi, I'm new to this forum and a new rider. I just got my license and first bike, a 2013 Stone, last week. As luck would have it, I dumped the bike within 30 minutes of picking it up from the dealership. Got cut off at a light -- something I'll have to get used to riding in NYC I guess -- though I'm sure plenty of fault lies with me and my inexperience. Fortunately, there are only a couple very minor scratches on the bike (and none on me), though the end of the clutch lever snapped off. It's still 100% operable but just not as easy to grip so I'd like to replace it.
I was hoping I could just throw on a new lever, but it looks like I have to replace the entire assembly, which I found here: af1racing.com/store/Scripts/prodView.asp?idProduct=38500
(In the picture you can see a little notch near the end of the lever -- that's where mine snapped)
This doesn't seem too complicated to me, but a buddy of mine said I shouldn't go disconnecting cables if I don't know what I'm doing. Does anyone know whether this is a job that a noob like me could handle? Or would I be better off bringing it to a shop? If possible, I'd prefer to do it myself, not just to save $$$ but also because I need to learn this stuff anyway.
Greatly appreciate any help/advice. Thanks!!

Happens to almost everyone, including me, more than once. The breakaway feature will prevent damaging the whole assembly and it provides a stub for you to use while waiting for your new lever to arrive. You can buy just the lever itself. It's part number GU32605511. I've also seen it listed as part GU30605700. It's a lot less expensive than the whole assembly. The ones I've bought included the plastic bushing. I won't tell you where I bought them because Todd apparently doesn't like anyone mentioning other sources on his forum, which is his right.

Last edited:
Maybe somebody on hear has upgraded there's and could sell you one of there old ones. I know I'm going to be switching mine out sometime soon.

I won't tell you where I bought them because Todd apparently doesn't like anyone mentioning other sources on his forum, which is his right.
Thanks for the understanding Sib. I don't allow links to competing Forums, or to products that I sell... that's about it. If you have a link to the lever separately, post away.
I'm getting ready to put a pair of really nice CNC levers on my Store for $99 for the pair.

Hey Wolf, sometimes you can find a stock set of levers on fleabay that someone will sell after upgrading their levers, wherever you decide to buy from it's a super simple swap involving literally one screw and slipping a barrel out of a notch. If you live close to the Brooklyn dealership you can drop me a PM and I'll be happy to help. There are also service manuals for our bikes floating around on the web that you can download for free.

Sib -- Thanks so much for the info. Makes a lot more sense to be able to replace just the lever.
Drawn -- Thanks for the offer. I do in fact live in Brooklyn so I'll definitely stop by sometime. Much appreciated.
Apologies for blindly throwing that link out there. I'll remember in the future to think before I link.

Back