• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.

Scott's How To Recover The 5 Digit Security Code

This was great information! Thank you for the detailed information. Though it wasn’t exactly what I wanted to hear. My recently acquired MGX has the original key broken off in the ignition so I have ordered a new ignition switch/keys. I do know the user code thankfully. But looks as though I’ll never be able to get away from using the code every time I start the bike. Without shipping the day to the Netherlands that is.

You should only need to enter the code if the immobilizer has been activated. Otherwise just ignore it.
Currently I have to turn the ignition on with a flat head screwdriver. So it prompts for the code every time. Minor inconvenience, but something I would like to get away from eventually.

Zach, what it sounds like you are not understanding is that the key is chipped, and communicates to the dash as part of the "security" system. If you have the User Code, you can simply swap the keyed assemblies (ignition, gas cap and seat lock), purchased as one set, that comes with two keys. Ping us via the STORE tab top of page for more info and pricing.

Zach, what it sounds like you are not understanding is that the key is chipped, and communicates to the dash as part of the "security" system. If you have the User Code, you can simply swap the keyed assemblies (ignition, gas cap and seat lock), purchased as one set, that comes with two keys. Ping us via the STORE tab top of page for more info and pricing.
I have a new ignition on order that is coming with a pair of keys. Still working on the gas cap thing (made a new thread). So if I understand you/Scott correctly once I get the new ignition installed and enter the code it will recognize those keys and I'll be good to go?

No. You must program the keys into the dashboard. You need to go to the MENU. Select SERVICE. Enter the Service Code for 1400's which is 34534. Select New Keys. Follow on screen prompts.

Last edited:
50 years of riding.....about 50 cycles owned and never more than a couple of keys that came with those bikes that you just put in the ignition when you wanted to go for a ride. Im surprised Guzzi dosent have a special code for the side cover......never know if someone will want to steal my seat. Ill figure it out someday if I have to but if I cant Ill part it out. Maybe theres a you tube video out there showing people how to do this....if not Im screwed! Its great being old......PS....Who steals a Moto Guzzi?

50 years of riding.....about 50 cycles owned and never more than a couple of keys that came with those bikes that you just put in the ignition when you wanted to go for a ride. Im surprised Guzzi dosent have a special code for the side cover......never know if someone will want to steal my seat. Ill figure it out someday if I have to but if I cant Ill part it out. Maybe theres a you tube video out there showing people how to do this....if not Im screwed! Its great being old......PS....Who steals a Moto Guzzi?

How to do what?

It is all very well explained here.

Exactly...why cant it just come with regular keys. I had a dealer take the alarm fob off so I would have 1 less button to push everytime I got on the bike. I sometimes have a red service light that comes on so I read a post to check the sensor under the clutch lever. Seems all that senser does is tell you if you if clutch lever is in or out!!! Do I need a sensor for that. Im sure Im in the minority on this subject but Im OK with that. I do LOVE this bike

Back