• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Sell my Honda V4 CTX1300 for MG what?

LaGrasta

Cruisin' Guzzisti
I picked up this bike last year because I love Vs and it looks fantastic. After riding it for a year, I find fault with a few things and want to replace it with a MG of some sort. I need a smaller two-up bike. Truth is we don't ride all that far, but father than my V7 is suited. Suggest a MG with a backrest that doesn't weigh as much as this CTX beast. THX

TempImagewc2EL2

Yup, I thought so, seems like a brilliant bike. I hope it raises the profile on our beloved marque. I'm not interested in new though, maybe $6-10k at best. A Stelvio may be appropriate.

Last edited:
If you can handle that , an Eldorado comes to mind . Not much of a step down in performance .
A change of rear shocks and a backrest and you're good to go :) . Peter
Kowa40 lens006

I'm on my second CTX1300. It's my favorite bike I've ever owned. Like Moto Guzzi, Honda understands the correct way to mount the V motor in the bike.

If it's available, I'll be trading my Niken GT for a V100 Mandello later this year. The CTX is a keeper.

I'm on my second CTX1300. It's my favorite bike I've ever owned. Like Moto Guzzi, Honda understands the correct way to mount the V motor in the bike.

If it's available, I'll be trading my Niken GT for a V100 Mandello later this year. The CTX is a keeper.
Overall I really like the bike, runs fantastic. However, I don't care for the heat it throws, which living SoCal is a problem. Nor do I like the throttle being so abrupt. I think it's too much of a bike for how I'm riding two up. With only 7000 miles, I'll ask $10k and see what I can buy to replace it that might be more appropriate. The new V100 Todd suggest is ideal, but I can't justify the cost.

I just parted with a Royal Star Venture, (for my California), still have a Tour Classic, both V 4's, and own a Roadstar 1600 V twin. Of course the V4 is much smoother than the Roadie V twin and the Cali. I'll be keeping the classic, it's a lovely soft 2 up tourer, but for solo touring? It'll be the Goose every time. :)

Here I am a few months later, I sold the CTX1300 and picked up a 10,000 mile 2003 V11 Sport. It hasn't run in a decade, so I'm going through it now. I'm excited to get it on the road. I hope to post again soon with my progress.

Here I am a few months later, I sold the CTX1300 and picked up a 10,000 mile 2003 V11 Sport. It hasn't run in a decade, so I'm going through it now. I'm excited to get it on the road. I hope to post again soon with my progress.
We need pictures please..

JMHO, replace all the relays with 5 prong high quality units so they can be swapped and deoxit the holder. Same with the fuses, then flush the ignition switch. Odds are the TPS is shot too. Todd used to sell a very good one. Check the store. Do these things now and save greif latter.

Back