• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Should I have buyer's remorse?

I still have skid marks from four years ago in my garage from putting my Twin Cam in gear. And that bike was my last Harley. Never say never but my two MGs will probably be my last bikes and the V7lll my absolute last. I am not getting old but I have already reached that point but hope I have a few more years left. Between my V100 and the V7 the V7 will probably be the easiest to handle when I get really decrepit.
kk

I avoid nay sayers. Constructive criticism is always welcome though. Nay sayers never have a good alternative to mention as they usually have minimum experience on the specific subject. With around 150,000 on my 73 Eldorado it now needs replacement ofthe front and rear oil seals plus the rear drive seals. I am not complaining. It is unique and easily maintained. I am saving a Norge 8v 1200 . Slickest transmission ever. My only complaint is the owners manual. It is a bad joke with its lack of instruction and "take it to the official dealership ". So this will be another adventure and discovery as we sort out questionable previous owners and unknown maintenance .

Having rode a few hundred miles now I can say it's a peach of a bike to ride and imo better than my multistrada in virtually every respect. I agree the owners handbook is pretty useless although I found a better one on line.

PXL 20231205 001432158
I'm currently at 35.6k miles on my V7 III. Had Todd drop in a big bore kit at around 9k miles. its been trouble free other than a over charging stator that was easily rectified(pun not intended) and ive been on my way ever since. The more miles i put, the better it gets. I feel that we tend to get remorse when we're off the bike. I certainly do at times when im window shopping online for other bikes that i couldve had for the money ive put into it. All i do is walk out, get on the bike, and just go ride. I believe that feeling truly goes away when times are bliss. i love my bike and she'll always be mine to keep.
I want to add a V100 to my stable and if i go off of what the internet says about the issues and what not, id be steering away from it like scott said. But i believe in what guzzi is doing with these news engines

I recently got a V100 without doing a test ride. I am glad I didn't because I probably wouldn't have bought it. But the more I ride it the more I like it. I have made a couple of modifications which have helped a lot but it gets better as the miles add up but due to the season and weather many fewer than I would like. I can't wait to take a trip on it where I expect it to really shine. Moto Guzzis really need a bunch of miles on them before they begin to shine. My V7lll is just short of 5,000K and it is still getting better. It is my around town bike so it doesn't ridden a lot, I take that back it gets ridden often but short trips, errands and such.
kk

I fully expect to put 100,000 miles on my V100, but I'd done that on a Pacific Coast Honda too. That wasn't totally problem free as the Stator went and the front exhaust pipe fractured, but generally trouble free.

I’ve probably had as many problems as anybody with my v100 and confess there have been moments when I’ve missed my 1260 Multistrada (which was bulletproof) but, trust me, there’s something really, really magical about the Mandello. It just does everything ridiculously well (unlike the appalling ex-MG dealership in Northampton 😱!) and has way more character than the Multi. You won’t regret it.

I’ve probably had as many problems as anybody with my v100 and confess there have been moments when I’ve missed my 1260 Multistrada (which was bulletproof) but, trust me, there’s something really, really magical about the Mandello. It just does everything ridiculously well (unlike the appalling ex-MG dealership in Northampton 😱!) and has way more character than the Multi. You won’t regret it.
This is the current MG dealer in Northampton isn`t it ?https://motorcycle-world.co.uk/ I called in over the summer and had breakfast there . Nice enough people but I`m not sure I`d want to buy a bike there. Who were the previous (appalling ) dealers ?
For servicing etc I recommend Iain Rhodes @ https://www.rpmbikes.co.uk/ just outside Northampton. He has been servicing my Ducatis and Moto Guzzis since the 1990s and IMO does a far better job than any dealer. He started out @ https://www.bainesracing.com/ourbrands also highly recommended and local to Northampton.

This is the current MG dealer in Northampton isn`t it ?https://motorcycle-world.co.uk/

Hi Dukesox. No, it’s the same guys. They have given up their Aprilia/Guzzi franchise. The cafe is great. Sales were great (but the good salesman has gone). Aftersales and servicing have a terrible reputation and I wouldn’t let them near my V100 after the shabby treatment I had from them. Thanks for the recommendations but as it’s under warranty I’ll be taking it down to the fabulous In Moto in Croydon. The owner is a friend of mine and they’ve done a brilliant job on all my other bikes over the last 20 years.

Hi Dukesox. No, it’s the same guys. They have given up their Aprilia/Guzzi franchise. The cafe is great. Sales were great (but the good salesman has gone). Aftersales and servicing have a terrible reputation and I wouldn’t let them near my V100 after the shabby treatment I had from them. Thanks for the recommendations but as it’s under warranty I’ll be taking it down to the fabulous In Moto in Croydon. The owner is a friend of mine and they’ve done a brilliant job on all my other bikes over the last 20 years.
I tend not to buy new or nearly new anyway so franchised dealers and their after sales service doesn`t affect me but good to read your positive comments about In Moto.

Good day to all - i am UK based in Glos. I have just traded my Multistrada 950 for a brand new V100 Mandello S. I collect it on Thursday (14th). Having enjoyed my test ride ( at least until the heavens opened) I was very taken with the bike. Of course now I keep reading posts from.people bitching about issues. Have made a mistake? I really hope not!
I’m new here, dealership took me and another buddy out for a short test ride…..and neither of us could justify in words what kinda bike the V100 honestly was……and that’s from both of us with 75+ years of collective, track days, off road riding, both European and domestic USA cross country trips on anything from a WR250R, R1, Africa Twin, 1200GS to a FZ-09 to a Concourse to a KTM 500 to several other bikes dating back to the late 70’s!

Now, after putting a good 100+ miles on twisty back roads, it’s an easier bike to define……its weird and different with lots of character and personality. It’s not 100% of any one thing, not a commuter, not a tourer, not a naked or a sport bike……it’s sort of all of them! In the last several days I’ve been reading what feels like almost every darn post in this section, heard the complainers, the praises, and the in betweens……and this is my 2cents which on a forum is also worthless……but I love this thing! On the flips side, I could see how someone wants it to get 55mpg, wants a better seat, wants better wind protection……wants, wants, and more wants. I could see if replacing some current bike, one of the V100 possible negative traits might be a turn off. I could see how someone coming from a Multistroodle might be apprehensive, very justified to me. However, like anything on two wheels, the journey begins by riding and owning……not from reading forums! To me, as years march towards sunset, I worry less about the complaining about bikes and go ride them and enjoy them for what they are! Like everything else, like each of us, we have good things and things we’d probably change but that’s what make us unique and why I love my V100. Cheers.

Good luck with your Mondo!

Bravo Guzzifly!

My sentiments exactly. If I sat and read all of the negative comments and " could of, should of, would of's and wants" on all the motorcycles in my collection, I would ride nothing and have nothing but stress in my life.

I say screw that...

I ride them and enjoy them. This coming season is going to be the very best of my life as I fully intend to ride every single day. It may be just to the grocery store on some days, but I will ride every day that the weather is on my side.

I tend to suck the marrow out of the bone of life now that I am retired. I want to die with no motorcycling regrets. 👍 👌 :D

Good day to all - i am UK based in Glos. I have just traded my Multistrada 950 for a brand new V100 Mandello S. I collect it on Thursday (14th). Having enjoyed my test ride ( at least until the heavens opened) I was very taken with the bike. Of course now I keep reading posts from.people bitching about issues. Have made a mistake? I really hope not!

I've just read through this thread and am left wondering why, it just seems like the motorcycle equivalent of an endless discussion of pronouns. Just ride & enjoy it. If not, sell it.

But I would ask South Westerly who posed the question in the thread title...do you have it?

T2

I'm old and retired on a fixed income. There is nothing in New bikes that convinces me to spend that kind of money for Sport Touring, adventure riding etc. I have 12 road bikes. Spanning from 1958 to 2012. The money I spent to buy all these is still less than buying one new loaded tour bike. I bought them for what some shops charge for a new bike first service. True. I have to do all my own repairs and maintenance , but it works for me. Yes. Each bike is different. Parts are still cheaper than throttle bodies, ECU's ,stepper motors etc. The newest has all this stuff including ABS. I totally agree. To each ,their own. I enjoy what I have and what they do well. Sometimes I learn the hard way what a bike will not do. The easiest way to make a universal anything is to start with the end user.

I've just read through this thread and am left wondering why, it just seems like the motorcycle equivalent of an endless discussion of pronouns. Just ride & enjoy it. If not, sell it.

But I would ask South Westerly who posed the question in the thread title...do you have it?

T2
I have it and I love it. Booked in for its first service on Friday when it will be released from 4500 rpm. I ride it whenever I can and we've been having filthy weather lately. Still ride it.

I bought my last two Guzzis without a test ride. The dealership doesn't have demos. They will allow a very, very short test ride on a new bike. What is that going to tell you. If it doesn't work for you pass it on. May be a loss but you still have the experience and the loss probably won't be anymore than a weekend at Disneyland, probably less. HaHa.
kk

Remember what the Internet has given us. A truly world wide forum and if we only spoke to our fellow Moto Guzzi riders that we knew personally, we wouldn't be hearing much complaining. At the monthly Guzzi meeting in Denver, I've never heard anyone complain about any of their bikes. And they all seem to like their bikes too. And in my group, there is only one other V100 rider. So take any complaints on any internet forum with a HUGE grain of salt. Love my V100.

I’m new here, dealership took me and another buddy out for a short test ride…..and neither of us could justify in words what kinda bike the V100 honestly was……and that’s from both of us with 75+ years of collective, track days, off road riding, both European and domestic USA cross country trips on anything from a WR250R, R1, Africa Twin, 1200GS to a FZ-09 to a Concourse to a KTM 500 to several other bikes dating back to the late 70’s!

Now, after putting a good 100+ miles on twisty back roads, it’s an easier bike to define……its weird and different with lots of character and personality. It’s not 100% of any one thing, not a commuter, not a tourer, not a naked or a sport bike……it’s sort of all of them! In the last several days I’ve been reading what feels like almost every darn post in this section, heard the complainers, the praises, and the in betweens……and this is my 2cents which on a forum is also worthless……but I love this thing! On the flips side, I could see how someone wants it to get 55mpg, wants a better seat, wants better wind protection……wants, wants, and more wants. I could see if replacing some current bike, one of the V100 possible negative traits might be a turn off. I could see how someone coming from a Multistroodle might be apprehensive, very justified to me. However, like anything on two wheels, the journey begins by riding and owning……not from reading forums! To me, as years march towards sunset, I worry less about the complaining about bikes and go ride them and enjoy them for what they are! Like everything else, like each of us, we have good things and things we’d probably change but that’s what make us unique and why I love my V100. Cheers.

Good luck with your Mondo!
Really love this post. To be clear, I also love the V100 (when it works!). I think those that tinker with seats and screens and luggage etc etc also love them, to be fair. Some people just like to make bikes their own.

However the ‘just get out here and ride the damn bike’ approach, lovely as it is, only works if you can actually get out there and ride the thing. When the problems mean that the best you can do is admire it while it sits in your garage, it’s a bit frustrating, particularly for a brand new bike. But when I can ride it, I agree with you Guzzifly, it’s a damn fine bike.

Back