• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Sissy bar or like for Stelvio?

laecp123

Just got it firing!
Just purchased 2016 Stelvio in matte red. Just picked it up four days ago. Holy crap this bike moves well . So much fun. Plan on using two up quite a bit. Don't rally want a top case. Wanted a sissy bar and rack that will fit with no welding or cutting .any ideas? I will post a picture soon .By the way all of you on this forum have been helpful to me and my research of the bike. Ran Triumphs and Kawi and Honda for forty years . This Guzzi is tops .

I'd love to find a back rest solution for the Stilt, too, that's not a top case. Seems like a capable machine shop could convert the rear of the grab rail and re-invent the cargo rack into a dual purpose as rack but then hinged at the grab rail and turns up and locks, a slip-on back rest pad goes on, and wah-lah you have a pillion backrest instead of a rack. Remove pad, unlock from upright position, fold down and lock, you have a rack again. That would be cool, but likely unattainable without a lot of cost.

Guys, I have a full fab shop where I am doing my custom builds; GTMotoCycles.com
I’ve been down this road before with the 1400, and no one was serious enough to get me a bike to do one. My daily rider is a Stelvio, so np.
Custom work isn’t cheap or easy.
That said, what are you looking for and what are you hoping to spend? The back rest pad alone isn’t cheap.
If you want to keep the stock rack, I can likely make something that would involve a bolt on hidden bracket, and (if you want) removable back rest pad, keeping a stock-ish appearance when removed. I need more than one person to pre-buy to move forward once I set a price. Post below if you want one.

I would be very interested in one. I would like it to fit the style of the bike. No too high of a back rest but high enough to give a little support . It should probably be made out of polished aluminum as on the bike already or is it stainless. The pad to be removable would be great so it can be removed and just the metal would remain when not in use so the look of the bike would stay right. I don't know what that would cost. The bracket to attach back rest to bike would need to bolt on to existing stock tail rack somehow . Let me know if this can be done and what the cost would be. Thanks for your help and time.

So how much are we talking about, ball park? My fiancee' has two reasons she won't get on my Stelvio with me the first I can't change it's on account of my totaling the Ducati in 2017 and the injuries I had. That scared her about motorcycling in general, but 2nd is that she says she needs to feel more securely planted on the bike and a back rest is the main thing she refers to.

As a guess, $450-ish with back rest pad to make two. The more interest I have, the more I can bring the price down.

Recently purchased a 2013 Stelvio NTX. Pretty old thread I know, but someone may be interested. I wanted to be able to carry a pack, plus have a passenger backrest. I fabricated a mount that replaces the OEM rack, but attaches using the OEM mounting. The backrest is a Givi TB529 (no longer available). The (black) rack is manufactured here in NZ by Dold Industries. They do manufacture mounting brackets for the Stelvio that attach to the bike that the rack fits onto, but I wanted to incorporate the backrest as well.

Attachments

• 24703846-BF17-4A52-AE44-E26504A95377.jpeg
    24703846-BF17-4A52-AE44-E26504A95377.jpeg
    247.9 KB · Views: 11
  • 006886AB-AF0E-44CA-9BD5-B8250F042A97.jpeg
    006886AB-AF0E-44CA-9BD5-B8250F042A97.jpeg
    247.7 KB · Views: 11
  • F4A2DC33-D29E-452F-B0E0-F041024B558D.jpeg
    F4A2DC33-D29E-452F-B0E0-F041024B558D.jpeg
    159.1 KB · Views: 9
  • 48627ECC-819B-476F-BD2E-D04A941BB175.jpeg
    48627ECC-819B-476F-BD2E-D04A941BB175.jpeg
    183.3 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Not available anywhere. Too limited a market of potential sales versus design and production costs. That's what killed the idea above with Todd (GTM) I am sure.

Corbin makes a saddle with and integrated backrest option for the Stelvio. The Canyon seat I believe. Other than that, you are pretty much locked into a top box setup with a pad.

I've looked extensively for years and have found nothing. In Italian, the word for backreset is "schienale" and there are literally no hits anywhere in Italy for one, or in Germany, Moto Guzzi's 2nd largest market.

The only other option is a generic backrest that you take to a metal fabricator to build you a mount for it unless you can do that yourself. Sorry.

This caught my interest because the tent I've used for years doesn't fit in any of the boxes, the poles are too long. I've never had a problem before the Stelvio because I've never had a top box, always a sissy bar and luggage rack and that's where the tent and sleeping bags went. I'll be putting the tent on the saddlebag lid for two-up next weekend, but I don't really like it and my wife doesn't either.

Now that I know there's nothing to simply buy, I'll be looking at my DIY options. If I come up with something I'm happy with, I'll share plans and pictures here.

Not available anywhere. Too limited a market of potential sales versus design and production costs. That's what killed the idea above with Todd (GTM) I am sure.

Corbin makes a saddle with and integrated backrest option for the Stelvio. The Canyon seat I believe. Other than that, you are pretty much locked into a top box setup with a pad.

I've looked extensively for years and have found nothing. In Italian, the word for backreset is "schienale" and there are literally no hits anywhere in Italy for one, or in Germany, Moto Guzzi's 2nd largest market.

The only other option is a generic backrest that you take to a metal fabricator to build you a mount for it unless you can do that yourself. Sorry.
Agreed. I was just showing a one off that I have fabricated for myself. Cheers

I may look into that Corbin setup, just have to convince my wife to start riding pillion with me again. We haven't rode two up in a long time.

Back