• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Small bolt fell out under bike...?

Alan L in BC

Tuned and Synch'ed
When I was tapping the pivot rod through the bracket to attach the center stand, this small M4 hex-key head (Allen) bolt fell out onto the steel lift table with a loud "plink". I finished mounting the stand and putting everything back onto the bike (V7C) and balanced my reading glasses on my face to look the bike over, high and low, for any missing fasteners. The bolt is similar to the ones holding the plastic "chrome" doodads onto the bike under the tank sides, and also the bolts on the bracketry around and between the throttle bodies. It has a small bit of yellow marking paint on it, similar to others on the bike. Nothing seened to be amiss. I did not pull off the tank to look under there, since it is right full of fuel.

Any ideas?

6935870326_ddf51507a7.jpg

Since most fastener diameter and length and listed in the current parts manuals, I suggest searching through the parts book for that bolt. It may have fallen into an area that was hard to reach during assembly or service, left there and replaced with another by the mechanic. It does look small enough to be a sensor screw.

good luck.

Mi_ka said:
Would some high magnification examination of its thread show if it has been ever used or not?

Its having yellow paint on it...so it should mean it was in use and was ''tighten'' by someone....most likely intake or throttle body....

good luck...

Back