• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

So apparently Moto Guzzi sucks with getting parts to dealers

Quackfoo

Tuned and Synch'ed
The dealership has been having so many problems getting parts to repair Moto Guzzi's that they took their remaining inventory off the floor and may stop selling the brand if Moto Guzzi can't do a better job with getting parts in a timely manner.

That’s silly. There are still massive supply chain issues and these problems are still present for every single Powersports marque. All of them, including the Piaggio Group.

Last edited:
Indian is getting them parts.

The have a v100 with a failed starter with less than 100 miles sitting. Moto Guzzi was a problem before the pandemic. They've got a bunch of broken Moto Guzzi's they can't fix, some for a months.

They can get Indian parts, so they'll stick with Indian. People aren't blaming Piaggo when their bikes are down for weeks, they are blaming the dealer and they aren't going to put with taking the blame for Piaggo's issues.

Can you take your starter to a specialty shop and have it rebuilt, or is it more serious than that?

Indian is getting them parts.

The have a v100 with a failed starter with less than 100 miles sitting. Moto Guzzi was a problem before the pandemic. They've got a bunch of broken Moto Guzzi's they can't fix, some for a months.

They can get Indian parts, so they'll stick with Indian. People aren't blaming Piaggo when their bikes are down for weeks, they are blaming the dealer and they aren't going to put with taking the blame for Piaggo's issues.

Just a couple month ago, Harley Davidson had over 10,000 parts on backorder. Indian has numerous parts issues as well. You are not getting the whole or straight story.

Trust me, I worked on them all until just a couple months ago. I am intimately familiar with the parts availability for just about every major marque as I worked on them all.

It's frustrating for everybody. Makers, dealers, customers. Welcome to the world post COVID-19.

The other problem, is that new Moto Guzzi dealers are notoriously stupid and unfortunately they are not required to purchase a stocking dealer basic inventory of parts and supplies. If Piaggio required a $20,000 initial inventory, then every dealer would have basic service and maintenance parts for all motorcycles for the last 10-15 years.

What the corporate idiots cannot seem to understand is that a fancy showroom does absolutely nothing to put and keep a motorcycle out and in operation. Basic well stocked parts departments and service departments, do this.

Just a couple month ago, Harley Davidson had over 10,000 parts on backorder. Indian has numerous parts issues as well. You are not getting the whole or straight story.

Trust me, I worked on them all until just a couple months ago. I am intimately familiar with the parts availability for just about every major marque as I worked on them all.

It's frustrating for everybody. Makers, dealers, customers. Welcome to the world post COVID-19.

The other problem, is that new Moto Guzzi dealers are notoriously stupid and unfortunately they are not required to purchase a stocking dealer basic inventory of parts and supplies. If Piaggio required a $20,000 initial inventory, then every dealer would have basic service and maintenance parts for all motorcycles for the last 10-15 years.

What the corporate idiots cannot seem to understand is that a fancy showroom does absolutely nothing to put and keep a motorcycle out and in operation. Basic well stocked parts departments and service departments, do this.
Don't sugarcoat it, Scott. Tell us what you really think. Bwahahahaha

My son has a Honda. He gave up on going to the dealer for parts being they don't seem to carry any inventory. I had second thoughts about buying another Guzzi being that even on line part suppliers seem to have a lot of parts on backorder ( have it in 6 weeks ) but then I bought back my wrecked Cali from the ins company and now I probably have better parts inventory than my nearest Guzzi dealer LOL

I've had no problem finding parts EVER, if a dealer tells you that, they don't know where to get parts for Guzzi's. It's not always from the importer or Guzzi. If you don't think OUT of your BOX, you really are a lazy parts guy that needs an excuse not a solution.

It's not the responsibility of the dealer to pay for parts out pocket to cover the warranty items. The problem they are having isn't with old bikes, it's with new ones coming in for warranty work. Moto Guzzi isn't supporting the products they warranty.

I get some of you have a lot of loyalty to the brand, but Moto Guzzi needs to prioritize keeping new (and old) bikes on the road.

Last edited:
It's not the responsibility of the dealer to pay for parts out pocket to cover the warranty items.

You’ve never owned a motorcycle franchise I can tell.

This is precisely how it works and I was a BMW dealer. It’s the same for any marque.

If you actually think that any marque is not experiencing supply chain nightmares still, I’m sorry but you just have your head in the sand.

There is no such thing as global bespoke products anymore.

Everything is dependent upon layers of secondary and tertiary suppliers, who all have layers of suppliers as well. Globally, most of that is produced in Asia, and there has been catastrophic upheaval in those supply chains.

You do realize that for example, no global shipper I know of, is honoring their time commitment guarantee. You pay if it gets there on time, or not. Take it or leave it. The global transportation network has massive ripples in it as well.

It’s not Moto Guzzi. It’s the globe. Times have changed massively and they just don’t slam back to the way they were.

You’ve never owned a motorcycle franchise I can tell.

This is precisely how it works and I was a BMW dealer. It’s the same for any marque.

If you actually think that any marque is not experiencing supply chain nightmares still, I’m sorry but you just have your head in the sand.
I work at a Chrysler Dealership and the parts guys are always stressing since customer's are unable to grasp the idea that parts are not available for another 3 months, if that. Hell even some simple things like a dip stick tubes are hard to source

The dealership has been having so many problems getting parts to repair Moto Guzzi's that they took their remaining inventory off the floor and may stop selling the brand if Moto Guzzi can't do a better job with getting parts in a timely manner.
And who is "The dealership" ?

I've never had any trouble getting parts for my Breva, until these damned spark plug caps. That's not Guzzi's fault, they're made by NGK.

Waiting since May 25th! For such a silly part! It's making me crazy

You do know that NGK pulled out of the spark plug cap business? Yes?

They discontinued the entire line. If you go to their website, many are showing No Longer Available.

As far as I have discovered, only remaining stock is being sold. No back orders will be filled.

Last edited:
You do know that NGK pulled out of the spark plug cap business? Yes?

They discontinued the entire line. If you go to their website, many are showing No Longer Available.

As far as I have discovered, only remaining stock is being sold. No back orders will be filled.
I am unfortunately extremely aware, as I've been forced to investigate the issue quite thoroughly!

So for those who were wondering it was Indian of Monmouth in Neptune NJ. They are no longer a Moto Guzzi dealer and I am no longer a customer. Which kind of sucks for them I've spent a lot of money there :/ and I'll be going elsewhere.

Last edited:
Back