• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Stelvio electrical info please?

John in PA

Cruisin' Guzzisti
GT Contributor
There doesn't seem to be a wiring diagram in the Stelvio service manual linked on Guzzitech. I'm wondering how to identify and locate the plugs that I understand are present for prewired electrical accessories. I believe that heated handgrips, driving lights, and GPS are all plug and play on the Stelvio. I'd like to know which plugs are which and where they're located so I can use them for my own (nefarious?) purposes. (Might want to add some aftermarket stuff, and want it to integrate with Guzzi controls.
If anybody has access to the install instructions for the Guzzi accessories, and can send/link a copy, that would have what I need in it.

TIA, and Merry Christmas (or your chosen holiday) to all!!!!!!!!!!

There was a wiring diagram posted a while back on here, If your lucky Ive posted a link to it, or a pic.
For my part there are two plugs tried up either side of the fairing for the spots, white plugs with, I think. a yellow wire. On the near side,( in the uk, or gear selector side) there is a black plug tied up , has a green insert, that does the Tomtom, but only if you use the Guzzi mount, otherwise you have to extend it. As for the grips I went for the direct route as the Menu button can play up, ie cant select the grips to turn them off, cant reset the clock,cant reset the service light. Hope this helps.

Carl Allisons posting from the mild side today:

I'm not back at home base yet (visiting my son and daughter-in-law in Arizona) but when I get back, I'll be adding schematics for the Stelvio, Norge ABS/Sport 1200 ABS, Bellagio, V7 Classic, Convert (4 versions) and an update for the G5. If that isn't enough, that will be followed later by a short missive on the insane wiring of some of the early loop frames borne of an email exchange between Pat Hayes, Greg Bender and I. 30 years plus these bikes have been around and there are circuits there that look like they're fused - but aren't!!!. Weird. Luigi - what were you thinking?...

Gary wrote:
There was a wiring diagram posted a while back on here, If your lucky Ive posted a link to it, or a pic.
For my part there are two plugs tried up either side of the fairing for the spots, white plugs with, I think. a yellow wire. On the near side,( in the uk, or gear selector side) there is a black plug tied up , has a green insert, that does the Tomtom, but only if you use the Guzzi mount, otherwise you have to extend it. As for the grips I went for the direct route as the Menu button can play up, ie cant select the grips to turn them off, cant reset the clock,cant reset the service light. Hope this helps. [file name=STELVIO1200_WiringDiagram.pdf size=706888]https://www.guzzitech.com/images/fbfiles/files/STELVIO1200_WiringDiagram.pdf[/file]

Wow

Just a few minutes looking at the schematic and I found 4 or 5 errors.

Hopefully, Carl can clean it up.

Who would have thought that you have to have the high beams on just for the alternator to work. :S

Looking at it I think you mean the low beams, which are on all the time except when starting, maybe there are fewer than you thought, LOl.

John in PA Thanks much. Can you identify the grip heater wires and plugs anyway??

The only way really is to remove the body work and find them. They're all there but cable tied to the main loom, I couldnt find the right spot plug until the body work was removed. As they go to the grips they could be on the headstock.

Gary wrote:
Looking at it I think you mean the low beams, which are on all the time except when starting, maybe there are fewer than you thought, LOl.

You are right.

It never crossed my mind since I thought it was not legal (or safe, heat wise) to run the lo and high beam filaments at the same time.

That has to put some heat into the headlight housing.

You can reach the plugs for the electrical heating without stripping the bike (if you have not too big arms :) ).They are on the right side of the bike, two small white plugs. It was too dark in the garage to take a picture, sorry for that.

Thanks for the input, all.
Not to flog a dead horse, but which color wires are on each plug? I know blue and green are the GPS, with a small white plug(same as Norge) That leaves the driving light plugs/wires, and the grip heater plugs/wires.

John in PA wrote:
Thanks for the input, all.
Not to flog a dead horse, but which color wires are on each plug? I know blue and green are the GPS, with a small white plug(same as Norge) That leaves the driving light plugs/wires, and the grip heater plugs/wires.

The wires for the heated grip plugs are green and blue. They come from one bundle, right side of the bike, tied to the frame.

My hot grips are indeed green and blue (the wiring of the bike), as I told before. But the grips self have a brown and black wiring, but they are officially for the 1200 sport. Maybe the Stelvio ones are green and blue too? That should be logical?

Back