• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Tail Packs

Thank you for your reply. Can you get a full-face helmet in the bag please?

It fits inside, but you cannot close the zipper by cca 2 cm. But as long as I can put full face helmet in both of my side panniers I don't need it from my seat bag.

I use the SWMotech Rearbag Tail bag - expands from 22L to 34L - well made, attaches/detatches very cleanly with their straps. Looks like it was made for the bike. Very happy with it.

Attachments

• 20230520_095804.jpg
    20230520_095804.jpg
    228.7 KB · Views: 49
I use the SWMotech Rearbag Tail bag - expands from 22L to 34L - well made, attaches/detatches very cleanly with their straps. Looks like it was made for the bike. Very happy with it.
I agree, that looks very aesthetically pleasing on your bike 👍

This is one of the better solutions I've seen posted for a tail bag, thank you for posting it.

I do have pics of how to cleanly connect the straps, if anyone is in
terested
I very much like the look of this bag and might pick one up for my V85TT. I have the Travel model with no top case. I'd definitely like to see how you've strapped it to your V100.

Thank you all very much for showing your tail bags and sharing how they look.

If I can share with you my thoughts on what I am looking for:
There are some really good bags out there, however, how they will look on the bike is very important to me;
I am not very keen on having long straps being tied to the footrests etc, nor do I like the look of the ‘Seatlock’ that Givi and others do ( it might be a very quick and secure system but it spoils the look of the bike to have it on the seat without the bag)

As I have said, aesthetics are very important, as much as functionality as this is a very beautiful bike.
Bearing this in mind , please keep your suggestions coming.

Thank you!

Last edited:
If I can share with you my thoughts on what I am looking for:
There are some really good bags out there, however, how they will look on the bike is very important to me;
I am not very keen on having long straps being tied to the footrests etc, nor do I like the look of the ‘Seatlock’ that Givi and others do ( it might be a very quick and secure system but it spoils the look of the bike to have it on the seat without the bag)
I am with you, aesthetics are important and I do not like straps everywhere or seatlocks remaining if bag is removed. The Mandello has those open ended grabrails that I originally thought were very unfunctional but I have since changed my mind, because I slip my tail bag on and off of them with no connections under the seat or anywhere else. If your bag has straps that can be positioned to run fore and aft (as if they were going under the seat front to back) , instead of going under the seat, just tighten them so they are snug to the pack (and leave them that way) and then slip the onto the grab rails (bag on top, strap under the rail) so that the strap goes from front of bag to under the rail and then twists over the rail to the back of the bag. Need a little angling to get straps on both sides set. Mine stays snug and I dont have to adjust straps each time. Easy peasy

I am with you, aesthetics are important and I do not like straps everywhere or seatlocks remaining if bag is removed. The Mandello has those open ended grabrails that I originally thought were very unfunctional but I have since changed my mind, because I slip my tail bag on and off of them with no connections under the seat or anywhere else. If your bag has straps that can be positioned to run fore and aft (as if they were going under the seat front to back) , instead of going under the seat, just tighten them so they are snug to the pack (and leave them that way) and then slip the onto the grab rails (bag on top, strap under the rail) so that the strap goes from front of bag to under the rail and then twists over the rail to the back of the bag. Need a little angling to get straps on both sides set. Mine stays snug and I dont have to adjust straps each time. Easy peasy
Can you please post a photo of your arrangement? It would be great to see how it looks

Which tail pack have you got?
I have a discontinued Iron Rider roll bag. I used it for touring on my Honda and I thought it looked fine on the Mandello. Perfect for what I lug around day to day, and on trips I like easy access (each stop) to water, readers, phone, wipe rag, change of gloves, etc - less fiddly than the side cases for such things.

Back